2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The recruiting game is so wild these days. These 17 year old kids and their camps running it up on these programs, these old head boosters, these big name coaches, and then the kid can just go somewhere else should he so please. I would absolutely hate it. 🤣

Reasonable if you're going by the fake numbers everyone throws out that these kids are getting. That's what Gator fans do.. make you think teams are paying kids millions.

Going rate for 5 stars is not remotely close to $750k a year.

We could have Ryan Wingo and Kam Franklin in the bag for $100-150k each. Tennessee is offering both around that amount. Georgia was offering Wingo like $50k and almost got his commitment anyway.

If Texas is actually paying millions.. good for them.
There’s zero excuse not to land Franklin then. Like zero.

150k and we haven’t paid for more than 3-4 recruits in this class MAX. That’s Pennies in the grand scheme of things when you have minimal talent at DL.

Prices are very wrong or we don’t have a strong NIL.

Advertisement

150k and we haven’t paid for more than 3-4 recruits in this class MAX. That’s Pennies in the grand scheme of things when you have minimal talent at DL.

I think it's a combo of prices being wrong and we don't have as strong of an NIL as other schools.

Remember also that it's also still a bag game but it gets murkier with NILs. JMO

Not an excuse but the kid could decide he likes Auburn better.

Advertisement
I think it's a combo of prices being wrong and we don't have as strong of an NIL as other schools.

Remember also that it's also still a bag game but it gets murkier with NILs. JMO
Right but I’m trying to piece this giant mystery of a puzzle together.

Let’s say Franklin’s price is 150k. That would imply that NIL + under the table bags he’s receiving are equal or around that figure. So then mighty Auburn with their big bags is offering less than that up front and a little under the table?

I just don’t buy it. We’re not getting some massive discount either. JayCane knows his ish but 150 seems low af, and 100 for a 5-star WR seems even lower. We should easily be able to pay that. In our sleep.

It doesn’t seem like a lot of money compared to what it does for a football program. It’s someone else’s money though so all I can say is that whatever it is it isn’t enough but it’s their money.

Yall have to think how these schools operate. CB drops fpr LSU, Texas prolly calling off his phone, take our money, write your check. LSU is like please let us match whatever they drop. We can rob a children hospital if needed.

What's our response, i don't know.
I wasnt making jokes when i wrote this

Advertisement
Bad Santa Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
People make the mistake of thinking A&M is the cash cow… they’ve always been the little brother in that state.
I remember reading something a while back saying 8&4 has the 2nd wealthiest alumni base among P5 schools (2nd only to Stanford). Either way both have serious $ backing their athletics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back