2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Tried to warn everyone but in true CIS fashion they had to get their hopes up and now we will see angry posts about losing/missing and how recruiting is a mess. This was never happening idk why ppl do this
I mean recruiting technically isn’t going that well lol. It’s not like this “miss” means it’s not going well. Texas will jump us in about 30 minutes and we’ll be one team away from 20th.

With that said, if Miami isn’t concerned, then we have no point but to trust that. NIL is starting to frustrate me with all the excuses, but the true text will be Auburn and A&M with Franklin and Breland.

Can’t keep getting out-bagged as the excuse if we have money, and those allocated funds for whiffs should be partially moved over to the next target to ensure you get someone…right?

Well I was specifically mentioned so I feel kinda honored. I don't think I have ever mentioned Cristobal being on the hot seat. That would be a ridiculous take. If people want to say I'm King Mope for saying UM footballl was unspeakably bad and unwatchable in 2022, then I accept the crown. As pushing the limit, I've always been a fan of overly polite villains in movies. I try not to be rude or insulting. That would be bad manners.

Now for recruiting - Cristobal was hired because he was supposed to be an elite recruiter. I don't think that is in dispute. So far the results don't match the reputation. Slurpers say just wait until he starts winning and recruiting will get back on track. My "controversial" view is that almost any coach can recruit well when the team is winning, but an elite recruiter should still be able to sell a 5 win program to recruits. Maybe there is a little drop in the class, but it shouldn't from #7 to the high teens. Something isnt clicking. Either he isn't able to sell his vision to 5 star recruits or the NIL money isn't there.

Obviously there is still time- if he lands a bunch of top recruits before NSD and I'll be the first to say he earned his paycheck. But I believe it's fair to say that if some UM fan had been living in a cave for the last three years and just stepped back into the world, and you told him that UM currently has the #18 class, he would probably guess that Manny Diaz was still the HC.
Nah, that UM fan in the cave would easily identify a Manny Diaz recruit class ranked in the 70's and not #18. Kinda like when Manny Diaz, as a DC, owned the worst defense in the country and couldn't recruit a LB (as a former LB coach) to save his life. Manny, please get off this thread bro. We know its you.

Advertisement
We just not in these man league. We may as well stay away from battling them. Once they took Baxter, he just visited and shut it down. Wanted this one but they been operating like this longer than we were born. Which is why i told someone they will never have problems getting players unless the coach is about to be fired.

Advertisement
I hate texas, i mean lsu, i mean osu, i mean fsu

everyone GIF

Advertisement
Well I was specifically mentioned so I feel kinda honored. I don't think I have ever mentioned Cristobal being on the hot seat. That would be a ridiculous take. If people want to say I'm King Mope for saying UM footballl was unspeakably bad and unwatchable in 2022, then I accept the crown. As pushing the limit, I've always been a fan of overly polite villains in movies. I try not to be rude or insulting. That would be bad manners.

Now for recruiting - Cristobal was hired because he was supposed to be an elite recruiter. I don't think that is in dispute. So far the results don't match the reputation. Slurpers say just wait until he starts winning and recruiting will get back on track. My "controversial" view is that almost any coach can recruit well when the team is winning, but an elite recruiter should still be able to sell a 5 win program to recruits. Maybe there is a little drop in the class, but it shouldn't from #7 to the high teens. Something isnt clicking. Either he isn't able to sell his vision to 5 star recruits or the NIL money isn't there.

Obviously there is still time- if he lands a bunch of top recruits before NSD and I'll be the first to say he earned his paycheck. But I believe it's fair to say that if some UM fan had been living in a cave for the last three years and just stepped back into the world, and you told him that UM currently has the #18 class, he would probably guess that Manny Diaz was still the HC.
"So far the results don't match the reputation"

First class matched the reputation.
Second class absolutely matchef the reputation.
Third class results are still out.

Advertisement
For four years that seems pretty reasonable imo, especially in this market and the scarcity of five-star edge rushers…after taxes especially.

But it’s not my money so…guess it’s too much money.
Reasonable if you're going by the fake numbers everyone throws out that these kids are getting. That's what Gator fans do.. make you think teams are paying kids millions.

Going rate for 5 stars is not remotely close to $750k a year.

We could have Ryan Wingo and Kam Franklin in the bag for $100-150k each. Tennessee is offering both around that amount. Georgia was offering Wingo like $50k and almost got his commitment anyway.

If Texas is actually paying millions.. good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back