2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Differing opinions are not a negative thing. Open conversation about the good and bad of the program is productive and needed. Whining and crying about the same thing over and over again in every thread is pathetic and brings the board down. And thats from the "wait until December" crowd and the "oh my god we are not getting any blue chippers crowd". They just keep restating the same **** thing in every single thread.

The exception should be commitment threads, those have no place for negativity. That should be a celebration

Advertisement
This kid is probably only exposed to 247/Rivals/ON3, which have been all Texas/LSU. From his perspective, Miami probably would be shocking the world.

Unless he's been lurking on Canesinisght.com for the last few months, in which case I don't want him

SMU would be banned from playing football this season. They have money though. Dem man trying to pay SMU 250M over 5 years to get them into the ACC at no cost to the conference.

I will be watching them to see what Lashlee and the former canes do.

Advertisement
To a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail. To the worst slupers, any voiced concern looks like "whining" and any criticism looks like "disloyalty".

Most of us can hold more than one thought in our heads. I hope most of us are capable of celebrating quality commitments, overall improvement of the roster from 2022 to 2023, and UM getting visits from many top 150 recruits this cycle, while also acknowledging we don't have enough of those quality commits as of today (and recognizing that while there is "still time," it is quickly running out), the roster still has some significant question marks and lacks experience/depth at various positions, and we have not closed on enough of those top 150 recruits who visited UM (though, admittedly, some good targets are still out there).

The issue with some of these more delusional slurpers is not their failure to acknowledge the points raised in the second half of the sentence above. It's the way they falsely equate any discussion of those points as some form of treachery against the program or devolve those conversations into personal attacks. We've got dudes on this website that are more excited about kids committing so they can tell people off than they are about the actual commit. But notice you only very rarely see people celebrating a recruit committing elsewhere and spiking the football for that. Those people are the real mopes and trolls, and we tend to deal with them ruthlessly.
Well to me it looks like whining when no new information is introduced into the equation but the same negativity is spewed over and over and over... If it's impartial like is being said now and it's just pointing out a concern than why constantly bring the same thing up over and over? To me that's whining. My old boy would've slapped Jesus outta me if I did that when I was a jit. I can also acknowledge what you and @RVACane are saying on the opposite side of the spectrum. As I'm capable of seeing other people's points & acknowledge when there's validity. But that's something can be said for the people y'all have issues with as well. There's two sides to the coin. It's optimism versus pessimism. The problem occurs when people try to threaten or force their views on one another. Both CAN have validity. But again. This is about a particular recruit and his moment. Atleast in these threads let's all be capable of focusing on that.

Why do you guys keep saying SMU?

Is this just a fun way of picking the first bag school that’s not Texas or 8 and 4 in the state? C’mon now lol

This

I do think that the mopes are a little more extreme….(When we miss it's an all out race for grown men to run to a keyboard and just let every bit of hate and negativity spew post after post…So funny to watch) . But yup neither side is objective
Stop being such a mope skeeter 😂

If Colin Simmons is announcing live on 247/Sports YouTube channel, wouldn't Hayes Fawcett's edit be after the commitment.

Maybe Colin Simmons is talking about subject matter in the edit for his commitment.

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
He might have 3 edits done all of the same style/theme
Hayes hinted at something shocking yesterday. Didn’t say for who.
If it is for Simmons, the only shocking team would be us.
But I doubt he would be that obvious.

But we’ve seen these kids say they want to shock the world only to end up picking the most obvious team that they were favored for several weeks.

Advertisement
Id say the mopes coming out the woodwork moaning all day long on here in EVERY thread IS their version of celebrating. Yet y'all allow that without issue. Lol how bout you show me where I'm being a 'slurper' and crossing the line? Y[BGCOLOR=initial]all provide me with any rules I'm breaking if and when that happens. Cause clearly it hasn't happened in the past. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Otherwise stop letting the power get to your head just cause you feel personally attacked by the general statement that some people deserve to eat crow IF we land some of these top prospects. That has always happened on this site. Now y'all wanna stop it. Straight weird[/BGCOLOR]
To leave no questions, If you go after people like you said you would I will 110% absolutely ban you. If you push further there will be consequences.

IMG_8793.jpeg

If Colin Simmons is announcing live on 247/Sports YouTube channel, wouldn't Hayes Fawcett's edit be after the commitment.

Maybe Colin Simmons is talking about subject matter in the edit for his commitment.

Signed,

Peruche
Hayes had an edit ready for Cormani last year and he did his commitment ceremony on 247

The problem is the people that look at the bigger picture and walk away ****ting on this program. How do you look at the bigger picture and walk away *****ing after witnessing the last 20 years lol.
No argument out of me. For those people I'd say it's clearly they woke up to a renewed view on the program and simply thought a switch was turned on and now everything is a bed of roses. BUT I do understand some of the concerns. Regardless let's all just focus on this moment & what can potentially be another key component in helping to turn this program around. The ground work is being laid. For me that's cause for joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back