2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not saying there's a need to attack anyone one way or the other. The NEED IS AS FANS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI our present is our present regardless. That is simply fact. HOWEVER THIS IS ABOUT SIMMONS. This moment is about a kid & our role (whatever it may or not be)in his future. Let's just take a moment and focus on that. Then feel free to get back to saying well we still can't do anything right & have the 14th ranked class. Then the 11th ranked class up until roughly same spot we were last year OR maybe the complete opposite. Point is don't let the bigger picture steal the moments in between. Because those moments are just as relevant.
The problem is the people that look at the bigger picture and walk away ****ting on this program. How do you look at the bigger picture and walk away *****ing after witnessing the last 20 years lol.

Advertisement
So Hayes knows where he’s going ?
Don’t like it when dudes affiliated with recruiting sites got the scoop first.

That’s a commodity that has a price and a market.
He might have 3 edits done all of the same style/theme

My brain operates the same way. Hopefully this is a case of him thinking picking Miami breaks the internet. It'd definitely break this site.
I would categorize the top edge rusher in America spurning the home school and a nearby powerhouse for Miami as breaking the internet, personally.

We haven’t landed anyone out of Texas of significance since Arroyo, and TE tradition had a big part to do with that. Before that…Polendy? Flagg? Matocha? Bubba Baxa lol…

Advertisement
Breaking the internet would be not picking either of the 3

100%. I’m sure it’s happened, but I can’t ever remember a time when a kid announced a “top whatever” and then didn’t pick any of those schools.

I know James Williams originally put out a top 2 or 3 and we weren’t in it and he obviously signed here. But that wasn’t a “hey, I’m committing at this date and time, and here are the schools I’m picking from” and they didn’t pick anyone in that group.

That would truly be a unique commitment.

I would categorize the top edge rusher in America spurning the home school and a nearby powerhouse for Miami as breaking the internet, personally.

We haven’t landed anyone out of Texas of significance since Arroyo, and TE tradition had a big part to do with that.

Flagg is offended by your omission of his significance…

100%. I’m sure it’s happened, but I can’t ever remember a time when a kid announced a “top whatever” and then didn’t pick any of those schools.

I know James Williams originally put out a top 2 or 3 and we weren’t in it and he obviously signed here. But that wasn’t a “hey, I’m committing at this date and time, and here are the schools I’m picking from” and they didn’t pick anyone in that group.

That would truly be a unique commitment.

Deion remembers… more than once

Advertisement

We haven’t landed anyone out of Texas of significance since Arroyo, and TE tradition had a big part to do with that.
I'm with you. I get all the context around that idea that us winning would be HUGE. I'm not taking from that. My only additional point is we're in the top 3. I'm only going to be so stunned that a hat on the table of 3 hats is selected.

I also aint as down on Mario's recruiting as others so maybe the surprise will largely come from that standpoint.

Advertisement
To a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail. To the worst slupers, any voiced concern looks like "whining" and any criticism looks like "disloyalty".

Most of us can hold more than one thought in our heads. I hope most of us are capable of celebrating quality commitments, overall improvement of the roster from 2022 to 2023, and UM getting visits from many top 150 recruits this cycle, while also acknowledging we don't have enough of those quality commits as of today (and recognizing that while there is "still time," it is quickly running out), the roster still has some significant question marks and lacks experience/depth at various positions, and we have not closed on enough of those top 150 recruits who visited UM (though, admittedly, some good targets are still out there).

The issue with some of these more delusional slurpers is not their failure to acknowledge the points raised in the second half of the sentence above. It's the way they falsely equate any discussion of those points as some form of treachery against the program or devolve those conversations into personal attacks. We've got dudes on this website that are more excited about kids committing so they can tell people off than they are about the actual commit. But notice you only very rarely see people celebrating a recruit committing elsewhere and spiking the football for that. Those people are the real mopes and trolls, and we tend to deal with them ruthlessly.
Id say the mopes coming out the woodwork moaning all day long on here in EVERY thread IS their version of celebrating. Yet y'all allow that without issue. Lol how bout you show me where I'm being a 'slurper' and crossing the line? Y[BGCOLOR=initial]all provide me with any rules I'm breaking if and when that happens. Cause clearly it hasn't happened in the past. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Otherwise stop letting the power get to your head just cause you feel personally attacked by the general statement that some people deserve to eat crow IF we land some of these top prospects. That has always happened on this site. Now y'all wanna stop it. Straight weird[/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
So..... What's the latest here? Is it Mission accomplished were he got attention from our fan base and our Miami sites got extra clicks and traffic with recruiting **** based on we might have a shot or is there any legit intel that he's picking us. We've been used and abused this cycle. Ready for rinse and repeat.
Definitely Mission Accomplished

1691686838774.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back