2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
1691685876039.png

From good ole' Hank.

Seems like this is addressed at me, so I’ll respond one time.

I don’t think I said anything wrong personally. I have regurgitated plenty of times that I would be ecstatic to land the #1 edge rusher in the country, a guy straight out of Texas. No one in their right mind should be upset about that.

And yet, I was responding to a poster that said he was going to attack everyone upset about our recruiting class to date should we land Simmons. What’s wrong with being disappointed about having the clear-cut third-best class in the state of Florida, less blue-chip recruits than UCF, and a borderline top 20 class nationally? We have the best recruiter in the state. Especially since you, and plenty of others with a reputation for having information close to the program, reiterates that our NIL is fine? That’s not supposed to be concerning?

I think it’s pretty reasonable, and I get that technically August doesn’t mean anything til December…but the stats showed last year, the summer mattered. A lot. I just don’t want to be left behind or playing catch-up late, putting added pressure on this year’s team to win or else the program is going to tumble back another three years.

So TLDR…Simmons absolutely matters and if we land him, it should be treated as the biggest win to date in this year’s recruiting class. But it doesn’t mean Mario has everything right where we want it to be - there’s more work to do at key positions. I guarantee if you ask him if he’s satisfied with this class to date, he’d give you an emphatic **** no.
Certainly not saying there's a need to attack anyone one way or the other. The NEED IS AS FANS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI our present is our present regardless. That is simply fact. HOWEVER THIS IS ABOUT SIMMONS. This moment is about a kid & our role (whatever it may or not be)in his future. Let's just take a moment and focus on that. Then feel free to get back to saying well we still can't do anything right & have the 14th ranked class. Then the 11th ranked class up until roughly same spot we were last year OR maybe the complete opposite. Point is don't let the bigger picture steal the moments in between. Because those moments are just as relevant.

Advertisement
There's also the (supposed) leaked commitment video. Still think he goes Longhorn.
I try to not get too involved with recruiting cuz crap always disappoints at any point...but, this seems different. We have Coach JT and despite the fat middle school kickball players who were always picked last in here crying about our NIL being garbage, well, I don't pay attention to people with poor genetic code with zero evidence to support their stance.

Our NIL is solid...Canes Connection has about $10 mil in it and its growing faster by the day. We put a winning season together and we can easily double that by next year. I think this isnt a bag issue with Collins, this is a development issue with him. I believe his mom will push for Miami to be developed by JT. Regardless, under previous coaches, Miami would never be in the Top 3 of Top 50 players. GO CANES

Advertisement
You bring up a couple guys, one of whom pushes it to a degree, who make an idiotic point talking about a hot seat. I’ve addressed that point on the board. He’s here for the long haul.

Again, there are a few posters who say things that most on here think are ridiculous. So Address those specific posts by those posters when they say stupid ****.

Instead we have people broadly threatening anyone who raises any questions about what’s hurting us this year, like is it NIL? That’s normal. I get that you don’t like it or agree with it and that’s fine. As I said, they will be dealt with if they try us.
Who made a threat? I missed it.

Advertisement
So Hayes knows where he’s going ?
Don’t like it when dudes affiliated with recruiting sites got the scoop first.

That’s a commodity that has a price and a market.

This topic isn't simply that clear cut. You guys wanna say slippers are bullying yet no one will say the more are as well. It's simply well it's a fair assessment. No one is capable of objectivity. Even in this moment. Your down to top 3 for a top 10 recruit. Rather than enjoying the moment and the attention it gives the program the quarters of the comments wanna keep bringing up a negative take for THIS MOMENT. Like buddy saying even if we do land him it just makes us 14th ranked class in the country over and over... Like it's clear on here people tend to simply pile on one way or the other and to lump everyone in may not be fair as most simply stay quiet while it's the same group either way who keep posting. Well is it not forcing an agenda for either side then? Why is it only the slurpers that are at issue here? Seems like maybe impartiality is an easier approach. Maybe remember what this program has been since the Larry Coker regime and take the positives where you can. Fine you all haven't SEEN much positive in this cycle as of yet. Acknowledge #1 maybe more is at play then an nil budget. #2 you gotta walk before you run. Even getting eyes on this program IS A POSITIVE for us. It's necessary. Past that let's see how things play out. That's all.

To a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail. To the worst slupers, any voiced concern looks like "whining" and any criticism looks like "disloyalty".

Most of us can hold more than one thought in our heads. I hope most of us are capable of celebrating quality commitments, overall improvement of the roster from 2022 to 2023, and UM getting visits from many top 150 recruits this cycle, while also acknowledging we don't have enough of those quality commits as of today (and recognizing that while there is "still time," it is quickly running out), the roster still has some significant question marks and lacks experience/depth at various positions, and we have not closed on enough of those top 150 recruits who visited UM (though, admittedly, some good targets are still out there).

The issue with some of these more delusional slurpers is not their failure to acknowledge the points raised in the second half of the sentence above. It's the way they falsely equate any discussion of those points as some form of treachery against the program or devolve those conversations into personal attacks. We've got dudes on this website that are more excited about kids committing so they can tell people off than they are about the actual commit. But notice you only very rarely see people celebrating a recruit committing elsewhere and spiking the football for that. Those people are the real mopes and trolls, and we tend to deal with them ruthlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back