2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

Like 2% chance it’s about him but.. maybe 👀

Maybe Hayes just forgot to spike his date’s drink….

IMG_0729.jpeg

Did toilet fawcett bribe the kids to blast their announcements? Before Mario came in, i had no idea who he was as i had stopped following recruiting cuz lispy suck

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lesson learned - don’t go head to head against ATM or UT.

Assuming breland, Simmons and ahfau all stay in Texas, I think we’ll be 0-12 or something like that for head to head recruits during Mario’s tenure. Oof
You're a vet, you know this isn't remotely true.

Unless you want to clarify X recruit is down to Miami and Texas and or A&M, and Miami lost out in final 2.

Texas and Texas A&M have offered Trader, Riley, Lightfoot, Lofton, and Texas A&M offered Pruitt.

Shemar Kirk chose Miami over Texas A&M out of Juco in last years class.

Texas and A&M offered Robby Washington, and numerous others in last years class.

You're a vet, you know this isn't remotely true.

Unless you want to clarify X recruit is down to Miami and Texas and or A&M, and Miami lost out in final 2.

Texas and Texas A&M have offered Trader, Riley, Lightfoot, Lofton, and Texas A&M offered Pruitt.

Shemar Kirk chose Miami over Texas A&M out of Juco in last years class.

Texas and A&M offered Robby Washington, and numerous others in last years class.

Cmon, fellow vet. You know better to think I'm talking about "offers". I'll run down the list and these guys were down to the final 2-3 teams and we were in it. My list has 14 names and you can probably argue 1-2 others (Cotrell, et al). We were down to the final 2 on several of these guys.

Shemar
Lucas
DJ Hicks
Banks
Agbo
Cameron Williams
Baxter
Anthony Hill
Derek Williams Jr
Kirkland (debatable)

2024 (note, it's incomplete but you get the picture):
Gibson
Ahfau (possible)
Breland (possible)
Simmons (possible)

As for the other way around, Texas/ATM weren't in the running (final 2-3) for any of the ones you mentioned, that I recall.

Advertisement
Cmon, fellow vet. You know better to think I'm talking about "offers". I'll run down the list and these guys were down to the final 2-3 teams and we were in it. My list has 14 names and you can probably argue 1-2 others (Cotrell, et al). We were down to the final 2 on several of these guys.

Shemar
Lucas
DJ Hicks
Banks
Agbo
Cameron Williams
Baxter
Anthony Hill
Derek Williams Jr
Kirkland (debatable)

Gibson
Ahfau (possible)
Breland (possible)
Simmons (possible)

As for the other way around, Texas/ATM weren't in the running (final 2-3) for any of the ones you mentioned, that I recall.
Kirkland is not debateable. Apparently he had cankles and couldnt even walk on his visit, he had to ride a golf cart. He was totally dropped. And not just by Miami. Everything else u got a point.

Kirkland is not debateable. Apparently he had cankles and couldnt even walk on his visit, he had to ride a golf cart. He was totally dropped. And not just by Miami. Everything else u got a point.

That's fair and that's why I qualified it. I recall people saying his camp really wanted a Miami offer but at the end of the day, he didn't get one but that's where he wanted to go. That's what I recall.

Advertisement

Shemar
Lucas
DJ Hicks
Banks
Agbo
Cameron Williams
Baxter
Anthony Hill
Derek Williams Jr
Kirkland (debatable)

Gibson
Ahfau (possible)
Breland (possible)
Simmons (possible)

Is it intrinsically worse to lose/win a recruit against Texas/A&M when we are in top 2 together vs top 5? It's the same result. Did they want them or not.

Who Ohio worried about? Them man been missing since Scott went there lol

Scott and Smith, I guess? I dunno.

Is it intrinsically worse to lose/win a recruit against Texas/A&M when we are in top 2 together vs top 5? It's the same result. Did they want them or not.

I'd argue that being in a final 5 vs final 2 is a big difference. Final 5 may not even mean a commitable offer. Final 2 is a whole different ballgame. That means for sure you're in it until the end.

Scott and Smith, I guess? I dunno.

I'd argue that being in a final 5 vs final 2 is a big difference. Final 5 may not even mean a commitable offer. Final 2 is a whole different ballgame. That means for sure you're in it until the end.
But if we beat them immediately for a prospect so that they don't even make a final 2, why would that be different. Like What if Simmons said he had a final 2 of Texas and LSU and didn't mention us, yet everyone knew we were 3rd... are you viewing that differently?

I get your point, but it's kinda misleading, because the reality is there absolutely were players we landed that Texas and A&M would have taken had those players picked them. Whether or not they were eliminated as the 2nd or 5th option is kinda irrelevant. And I'm not saying like a top 5 for a guy thats not even giving them the time of day they had no shot at.

A&M was not spoken about for Ahfua, yet within like a week he suddently got crystalballed to them. If Ahfua had chosen us two weeks ago, would you be saying we beat A&M head to head? probably not....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back