2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skinner? It was some very, very late noise though. Like the morning of.

Collins came out of nowhere but we were in the original recruitment, so not sure if that counts. Also Pulliam was pretty quiet but that was also a flip.

Basically for an uncommitted kid, you're right.
The Cormani commitment came out of nowhere. Obviously he didn't stick but I thought Mario would be pulling these crazy shockers once or twice a cycle moving forward.

Advertisement
The Cormani commitment came out of nowhere. Obviously he didn't stick but I thought Mario would be pulling these crazy shockers once or twice a cycle moving forward.

This is the one. NOBODY knew Cormani was committing here. They had articles written about his commitment to the gator. 700 crystal balls. I'm not saying Simmons is coming here, obviously if you're betting money on it, it's a huge underdog. But these things have happened in the past, and this time it's two schools who are confident but aren't sold he's coming there. Not just 1 like the gator with Cormani. The national guys were 100% on the gator, and whiffed. Now guys like Wilt's ******* are saying he doesn't know between 2 schools.

Likely? **** no. Has something like this happened in the very recent past to literally this school? Absolutely.

This is the one. NOBODY knew Cormani was committing here. They had articles written about his commitment to the gator. 700 crystal balls. I'm not saying Simmons is coming here, obviously if you're betting money on it, it's a huge underdog. But these things have happened in the past, and this time it's two schools who are confident but aren't sold he's coming there. Not just 1 like the gator with Cormani. The national guys were 100% on the gator, and whiffed. Now guys like Wilt's ******* are saying he doesn't know between 2 schools.

Likely? **** no. Has something like this happened in the very recent past to literally this school? Absolutely.
obviously sucks he didn’t stick but that was a real fun day

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think we'll be bad in 25 but I'm not sure how good we'll be either with the way mario recruits QBs and the amount of projects this staff is ok taking
Apparently we lead for 3 star QB Luke Nickel. Mario has to buy a portal QB. I just can’t see this not being the approach. Then NIL the heck out of a top QB in 25 🤷‍♂️ this is a weird cycle. It’s almost strange as if the staff is saying we nailed 23 so let’s go get developmental recruits to keep them around. Weird summer

Advertisement

Agree with this take, and Im praying you’re correct. I keep telling myself “Mario is due for 2 shockers this cycle”… not only was Cormani a shock but so was Francis. Aside from Cribby not a single other soul (in the insider realm) had that info. - if there was ever a time for Mario to pull a shocker (regardless if it’s Simmons or Stone etc) it’s now.

2022:
Citizen, Skinner

2023:
Mauigoa, Cormani, Acheampong & Aguirre.

2024:
Nada… let’s change that

Agree with this take, and Im praying you’re correct. I keep telling myself “Mario is due for 2 shockers this cycle”… not only was Cormani a shock but so was Francis. Aside from Cribby not a single other soul (in the insider realm) had that info. - if there was ever a time for Mario to pull a shocker (regardless if it’s Simmons or Stone etc) it’s now.

2022:
Citizen, Skinner

2023:
Mauigoa, Cormani, Acheampong & Aguirre.

2024:
Nada… let’s change that
@LeedsCane or maybe some of us are simply fed up with how ungrateful people can be on here or the negativity really gets to them. @Cribby ur thoughts hermano.

@LeedsCane or maybe some of us are simply fed up with how ungrateful people can be on here or the negativity really gets to them. @Cribby ur thoughts hermano.
Cribby said yesterday that we're not willing to pay more than a player's worth and that's why we're ranked 18th in August with a recruiting board thinning faster than lebron's hairline.

What is being heralded around here as "the suck tax" that teams like OU, UF, Auburn, SCar, Texas, A&M and others are doing to off-set not performing on the field. I think it was in the Cole thread or Ahfua #1 thread, can't quite remember.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cribby said yesterday that we're not willing to pay more than a player's worth and that's why we're ranked 18th in August with a recruiting board thinning faster than lebron's hairline.

What is being heralded around here as "the suck tax" that teams like OU, UF, Auburn, SCar, Texas, A&M and others are doing to off-set not performing on the field. I think it was in the Cole thread or Ahfua #1 thread, can't quite remember.
#1 we've never in this nil gave a player more than there worth. #2 I wasn't talking about any of that. The comment was about why people are hesitant to share much anymore.

All I can say is what I’ve been saying “ Miami isn’t concerned “. Take that as you will but that’s never changed. I guess we’ll see.

All I can say is what I’ve been saying “ Miami isn’t concerned “. Take that as you will but that’s never changed. I guess we’ll see.
1691531109940.gif

That’s one way to deal with it….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back