2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never would've expected year 2 to be a must win season. Its just.. the whole thing snowballs really quickly. Have to win THIS year in order to land the transfers needed to be competitive NEXT year. More specifically, to convince the mythical transfer QB (that everyone has convinced themselves exists) to play at Miami.

The 2024 schedule doesn't exactly scream "easy". Even if Jacurri makes a huge leap, they're still going to need to grab a QB out of the portal (along with other starters).

I know Mario isn't going anywhere. But again, a bad season this year can snowball into a bad season next year. Which would be the 3rd in a row. That's a difficult hole to get out of.
We are not gonna be bad in 25. There’s too much young talent. 24 is big. If we win games we will close strong. I trust the individuals on this board who say we have money.

Advertisement
Also brand new staff on both sides of the ball. Lots of question marks. It is what it is at this point. Win football games, close some good players. Land top 15 class, hit portal.
People wont factor that or call it excuses. Charlie Strong recruiting LBs, all of a sudden its Nicholson. And so many different coaches.

We are not gonna be bad in 25. There’s too much young talent. 24 is big. If we win games we will close strong. I trust the individuals on this board who say we have money.
I don't think we'll be bad in 25 but I'm not sure how good we'll be either with the way mario recruits QBs and the amount of projects this staff is ok taking

Holding Mel Gibson GIF

Advertisement
Lol yea might be time to lock this thread too

Yup. If we aren't willing to up our NIL offers to compete for top end guys, we're never gonna get them. Yeah, they're maybe 1-2 that Mario will convince to sign but most of the top kids will go where the money is especially if it's significantly more. Not sure if it is but if we keep losing kids at the tops of our board, I'm guessing it is.

I mean, for crying out loud, we can't even manage to land kids at the top of our IOL board this year. How the **** are we expected to land guys like Simmons?

Narrator: they won't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wiltfong did not even mention us this morning and said he will pick between Texas and LSU. We knew this. Don’t fall for it.

Yup. I can't think of another kid we were after where there was virtually ZERO hints from crooters that we were in it and landed him. People like to use the Mauigoa analogy but we were definitely mentioned throughout his recruitment. I guess Citizen would be the comp but he wasn't a bonafide 5 star like Simmons is.

Yup. I can't think of another kid we were after where there was virtually ZERO hints from crooters that we were in it and landed him. People like to use the Mauigoa analogy but we were definitely mentioned throughout his recruitment. I guess Citizen would be the comp but he wasn't a bonafide 5 star like Simmons is.
Skinner? It was some very, very late noise though. Like the morning of.

Collins came out of nowhere but we were in the original recruitment, so not sure if that counts. Also Pulliam was pretty quiet but that was also a flip.

Basically for an uncommitted kid, you're right.

Skinner? It was some very, very late noise though. Like the morning of.

Collins came out of nowhere but we were in the original recruitment, so not sure if that counts. Also Pulliam was pretty quiet but that was also a flip.

Basically for an uncommitted kid, you're right.

Skinner is a solid analogy. Heard some noise, but you're right, very little and late.

As for Pulliam/Collins A, yeah, those can count but they are not near the recruiting ranking that Simmons is.

I don't think Simmons has told any coach where he's going. He's told everyone what they want to hear and that's why you see the "it's a toss up" coming from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back