2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling It Regular Season GIF by NBA

Only few more days

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just stopping by to let yall remember, dont syke yourself up and convince yourself he is coming without any factual evidence. For me, Texas is the favorite and LSU is next then us. Just my opinion and and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Dont convince yourself he is coming then if he doesnt start blaming imaginary insiders.

Just saying.

Just stopping by to let yall remember, dont syke yourself up and convince yourself he is coming without any factual evidence. For me, Texas is the favorite and LSU is next then us. Just my opinion and and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Dont convince yourself he is coming then if he doesnt start blaming imaginary insiders.

Just saying.

Yep. I admit I bought into the hypo from last week but I won't set myself up for disappointment. I'm back to "we not getting him". It is interesting to me, though, how we targeted Scott, Stewart, Lightfoot, Franklin, Stone, Simmons and Breland given how highly sought after DL are and how unwilling we are to breaking the NIL bank.

From Sat evening pod with Texas and LSU crooting guys:

Summary items of note:

- Keeping decision close to the vest, knows how to work social media. They don't think Mom even knows.
- Simmons has always professed with wanting to play in the SEC
- both schools feel good on what they're selling
- LSU historically doesn't recruit South Dallas well
- LSU feeling good about signing another Duncanville kid (RB)
- He's been to Texas and LSU about 8 times in the past 14 months or so

Last edited:
Yep. I admit I bought into the hypo from last week but I won't set myself up for disappointment. I'm back to "we not getting him". It is interesting to me, though, how we targeted Scott, Stewart, Lightfoot, Franklin, Stone, Simmons and Breland given how highly sought after DL are and how unwilling we are to breaking the NIL bank.

Summary items of note:

- Keeping decision close to the vest, knows how to work social media. They don't think Mom even knows.
- He's been to Texas and LSU about 8 times in the past 14 months or so.

[BGCOLOR=initial]Sar[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial]k & Kelly are both dumpster fires. I laugh about the hypocrites I see on here. Plenty of y'all toot certain corches horns while knowing nothing about them. One of the investments me and a few of my boys from the league made is we all bought a decent number of houses as a group in Miami & los Angeles primarily. With those houses we set up a company for luxury rentals(think vrbo,Airbnb) targeting only our combined network of people. Long & the short sark is one of those people. I'm just gonna say as much **** as I see talked about coach O this man puts him to shame. Still acts like a frat as a grown *** man. & Brian Kelly that mans got pedo st wrote all over him.[/BGCOLOR]

Yeah just cautioning people. But i know either way its gonna be mad pandimonium when Simmons this week and Stone in a couple weeks commits. One thing to note about both was the moms really like Miami. But i feel the kids usually make their own decisions. Usually, not always, sometimes they will follow the parents advice. Im ready for the football, because regardless of who we get or dont get in the summer we better show up ready to play and dominate every week. Thats gonna matter who we get, flip or lose.

Advertisement
This one would be so out of left field I cannot imagine it happening. At the same time a few insiders across various boards have dropped sort of cryptic messages...
We are in his top 3 and if the reports are to be believed that our NIL is in fact healthy, we should eventually land another big time player. We have missed on so many that we can most likely accommodate enough money to make a play on someone or two.

Yeah just cautioning people. But i know either way its gonna be mad pandimonium when Simmons this week and Stone in a couple weeks commits. One thing to note about both was the moms really like Miami. But i feel the kids usually make their own decisions. Usually, not always, sometimes they will follow the parents advice. Im ready for the football, because regardless of who we get or dont get in the summer we better show up ready to play and dominate every week. Thats gonna matter who we get, flip or lose.
That momma stuff usually doesn't apply to Miami. Never thought Simmons was coming. He was always the least likely of the "whales"

Advertisement

Summary items of note:

- He's been to Texas and LSU about 8 times in the past 14 months or so

One thing really stands out to me in what the Texas guy said, they all claim only Collin knows where he going and he keeps it real close to his vest. Yet they dismiss one team he named in his top 3, which is us. It does remind me of Franciz recruitment where SEC man dem was oh its either Tennessee or Bama, when they really didnt know because he was similarly guarded.

No im not predicting him to us, im just saying how can u 1 minute say no one knows where he going but then say oh he really just has a top 2.

U seen it with FSU snagging Bolden, UGA man dem cant believe any player they want wouldnt want to come play in the "only conference that actually plays football". Texas wastes more talent than we can dream of over the past 15 years.

But i digress, dont hang on to something some kids say before they take visits. Such as yeah i wanna play in the SEC. i heard that from kids who ended up here.

shortened version

THE PLAYER​

A few years ago, I was covering another highly-touted pass rusher out of Duncanville named Omari Abor who eventually signed with Ohio State. After seeing Abor as a sophomore, he and I talked often throughout his recruitment. During the spring heading into his senior year, I went out to see him at his spring game.

Before the scrimmage started, I asked Abor who was up next for the Panthers, and he pointed to a lanky freshman playing linebacker. He told me then that Colin Simmons was going to have a big career and was essentially like a little brother to him. That night during the spring game, I saw flashes of what Simmons would eventually become.

THE RECRUITMENT​

Texas was an early favorite after getting in on Simmons during his sophomore year. The Longhorns were the fourth program to offer him and they were able to get him on campus several times. The offers continued to pour in for Simmons with LSU coming in the following April followed by Miami.

Those three programs have emerged as finalists for him, though it’s the Longhorns and Tigers who have commanded most of the attention in this recruitment. As I’ve been reporting, it would be a surprise to see Miami end up as the pick, but a source I spoke with said over and over how good of a job the Hurricanes’ staff did in this recruitment. They singled out Miami assistant Jason Taylor for making a big impression on Simmons’ mother, but those sources feel the distance is just too much at this point.

WHAT’S THE CURRENT VIBE?​

The Simmons camp has been quiet over the weekend leaving those around the recruitment guessing. From what I know, Simmons has been in contact with all three of his finalists throughout the last week, so there’s no feeling that any schools are phasing out right now.

I’ve heard enough from LSU and Texas to feel good about either’s chances, but only one school can come out on top. My lean has always been toward LSU based off of what I’ve been able to put together and a gut feel. I think the Tigers have been able to put together everything Simmons needs to make a decision.

A key source I spoke with in Dallas felt that the mix of information and the wildcard nature of Simmons makes it impossible for anyone to be sure. While there may be reason to feel good about any particular program, Simmons hasn’t confided in many people behind the scenes. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if we see some fireworks or some sort of silver bullet in the remaining days leading up to his decision, but the feel I get is that this one is still up in the air with plenty of time for those schools to work.

Advertisement
shortened version

THE PLAYER​

A few years ago, I was covering another highly-touted pass rusher out of Duncanville named Omari Abor who eventually signed with Ohio State. After seeing Abor as a sophomore, he and I talked often throughout his recruitment. During the spring heading into his senior year, I went out to see him at his spring game.

Before the scrimmage started, I asked Abor who was up next for the Panthers, and he pointed to a lanky freshman playing linebacker. He told me then that Colin Simmons was going to have a big career and was essentially like a little brother to him. That night during the spring game, I saw flashes of what Simmons would eventually become.

THE RECRUITMENT​

Texas was an early favorite after getting in on Simmons during his sophomore year. The Longhorns were the fourth program to offer him and they were able to get him on campus several times. The offers continued to pour in for Simmons with LSU coming in the following April followed by Miami.

Those three programs have emerged as finalists for him, though it’s the Longhorns and Tigers who have commanded most of the attention in this recruitment. As I’ve been reporting, it would be a surprise to see Miami end up as the pick, but a source I spoke with said over and over how good of a job the Hurricanes’ staff did in this recruitment. They singled out Miami assistant Jason Taylor for making a big impression on Simmons’ mother, but those sources feel the distance is just too much at this point.

WHAT’S THE CURRENT VIBE?​

The Simmons camp has been quiet over the weekend leaving those around the recruitment guessing. From what I know, Simmons has been in contact with all three of his finalists throughout the last week, so there’s no feeling that any schools are phasing out right now.

I’ve heard enough from LSU and Texas to feel good about either’s chances, but only one school can come out on top. My lean has always been toward LSU based off of what I’ve been able to put together and a gut feel. I think the Tigers have been able to put together everything Simmons needs to make a decision.

A key source I spoke with in Dallas felt that the mix of information and the wildcard nature of Simmons makes it impossible for anyone to be sure. While there may be reason to feel good about any particular program, Simmons hasn’t confided in many people behind the scenes. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if we see some fireworks or some sort of silver bullet in the remaining days leading up to his decision, but the feel I get is that this one is still up in the air with plenty of time for those schools to work.

Good info.

Btw i sometimes remember one comment Simmons made after his OV. Anyone remembers? On page 5 of this thread : "They answered every question in my book, in my brain. I didn’t have to ask nothing. They just had everything set up. It was like, 'Why not?"

One thing really stands out to me in what the Texas guy said, they all claim only Collin knows where he going and he keeps it real close to his vest. Yet they dismiss one team he named in his top 3, which is us. It does remind me of Franciz recruitment where SEC man dem was oh its either Tennessee or Bama, when they really didnt know because he was similarly guarded.

No im not predicting him to us, im just saying how can u 1 minute say no one knows where he going but then say oh he really just has a top 2.

U seen it with FSU snagging Bolden, UGA man dem cant believe any player they want wouldnt want to come play in the "only conference that actually plays football". Texas wastes more talent than we can dream of over the past 15 years.

But i digress, dont hang on to something some kids say before they take visits. Such as yeah i wanna play in the SEC. i heard that from kids who ended up here.

Tonight Show No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back