2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just got me wet. Lol

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Miami benefits from this as well if he's just using us. The more top players here that you are in the running for other top players it makes them take you seriously.
Just like dating fine women makes the other fine ones want you. Just a thought
& just like fine women, once they realize you broke they move on 😂

Just like Skinner wasn't coming here, just like Citizen wasn't coming here...Moms play a huge role in recruiting and most times we've been on the outside looking in. Simmons' Mom wants him to come here and he seems to love everything about Miami. I think we have a solid chance he picks UM. Time for the $8 million dollar a year man to close on this type of defensive player
Big difference is Skinner loved us...Mario turned that around...we were on Citizen's mind and he loved Mario. Simmons hasn't given off that type of vibe that he digs the program like those 2 guys did. It's going to boil down to JT selling his on the field resume to these guys that he can make them what he was if they put the work in. Mario got us in the door and we need JT to bring it home

Advertisement
Miami benefits from this as well if he's just using us. The more top players here that you are in the running for other top players it makes them take you seriously.
Just like dating fine women makes the other fine ones want you. Just a thought

Soooooo u haven’t been paying attention to our recruiting since, I dunno, 2015? Lol. U know how many top kids have used “Miami” in their top 5, 6, 10? Lol. Don’t let the knew era fool u into in forgetting about the past.

Soooooo u haven’t been paying attention to our recruiting since, I dunno, 2015? Lol. U know how many top kids have used “Miami” in their top 5, 6, 10? Lol. Don’t let the knew era fool u into in forgetting about the past.

Facts. In the Coker/Shanno era, Miami was a stepping stone offer to get bigger bags. In the Golden/Richt/Manny era, Miami was a stepping stone offer to get bigger names (especially Bama). Until Mario starts winning consistently at a high level, now it's going to be BOTH "bigger" offers and bigger payouts (NIL/Bags).

Not saying kids don't love Mario and Miami. Clearly manny of them do. But always good to have Miami as one of your hats to get the offers and money.

Another emerging factor is the professional representation that NIL brings to the recruiting game. Before, street agents, "uncles" and family members were advising players so they were often easy to read. Now, I expect real professional lawyers and sports agents are advising the players. And they're going to coach them on how to make sure every program believes the kid loves them the most. Going to be much harder telling truth from posturing.

Advertisement
Facts. In the Coker/Shanno era, Miami was a stepping stone offer to get bigger bags. In the Golden/Richt/Manny era, Miami was a stepping stone offer to get bigger names (especially Bama). Until Mario starts winning consistently at a high level, now it's going to be BOTH "bigger" offers and bigger payouts (NIL/Bags).

Not saying kids don't love Mario and Miami. Clearly manny of them do. But always good to have Miami as one of your hats to get the offers and money.

Another emerging factor is the professional representation that NIL brings to the recruiting game. Before, street agents, "uncles" and family members were advising players so they were often easy to read. Now, I expect real professional lawyers and sports agents are advising the players. And they're going to coach them on how to make sure every program believes the kid loves them the most. Going to be much harder telling truth from posturing.

Say it louder for the ppl in the back. To further that, how many times have we heard from NFL players when asked “If u didn’t go to OSU, Bama, LSU, etc, what school were u most interested in?” The answer: Oh I would’ve went to Miami, but…

Like that chit don’t work. Lol. What works is kids actually coming here, & going to the NFL at a high level, & no I’m not talking about this “new Miami” in bragging about our kids getting drafted in the 5th rounds or later (that’s such bull chit, btw), I’m talking reclaiming the throne as NFLU. U don’t become NFLU w/ G5 & FCS draft results, u become that way flooding the NFL w/ 1st - 4th round draft picks. Until that happen, all this flirting is just giving fans blue balls & the bragging right to say: but, but, but our hat was on the table. Lol

I would bet we’ve had more hats on the table than any program in America only to be chitted on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
imma let y’all finish your hat conspiracies… but just so y’all know, photo was taken at an On3 event. Players didn’t bring hats, they were provided.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back