2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This just got me wet. Lol
Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I assume this is going off of this quote:

If anything he’d be the one coach I’d love for Colin to be coached by.

Assuming that is the case, I think this is a bit of a misleading headline to say the least. Even just including the rest of the portion and that quote relating to Miami from the 247 article that was shared earlier in this thread, then expectations become tampered. And I don't have a 247 sub, so I can't confirm but I am willing to bet that the same article has quotes saying nice things about the other schools they visited as well.

This past June, Duncanville (Texas) High five-star edge rusher Colin Simmons and his family got a chance to spend a lot of time with many of the college programs in strong contention to ultimately land the blue-chipper’s signature.
And these schools made the decision process more difficult.
“June was amazing,” Simmon’s mother Monica McCarley told 247Sports. “Lots of travel.”
Travel for the 247Sports Composite’s No. 1 ranked edge rusher included officials at Miami, SMU, Alabama and Texas, with Oregon getting an unofficial. The official to the Hurricanes campus came the weekend of June 2.
“Oh my goodness,” McCarley said with a laugh. “Listen it was really, really nice. They pulled out all the stops. It was pretty cool. My takeaway of course Jason Taylor is an amazing coach. If anything he’d be the one coach I’d love for Colin to be coached by.”
Simmons loved it as well.
“Everything,” McCarley said of what her son liked. “That’s the only thing he describes. He says Miami checked off all the boxes for him.”

I hope that I am wrong on this, but it reads as 'Miami is very nice and I would be more than happy if Jason Taylor coached my son, but there were other things that stood out about <insert school here> and those things outweighed everything Miami offered.' Or if you want to put a more positive spin on it 'Miami was great, we love Coach Taylor and they are still one of the schools we are considering' as opposed to that article's headline which suggests Miami is the leader (at least in the eyes of his mom).

Last edited:

“Oh my goodness,” McCarley said with a laugh. “Listen it was really, really nice. They pulled out all the stops. It was pretty cool. My takeaway of course Jason Taylor is an amazing coach. If anything he’d be the one coach I’d love for Colin to be coached by.
This part here just sounds like there's a big giant, unspoken "But" after it. Without hearing how she actually said it, that's the only thing I can pull from this lol .

Advertisement

If anything he’d be the one coach I’d love for Colin to be coached by.

Assuming that is the case, I think this is a bit of a misleading headline to say the least. Even just including the rest of the portion and that quote relating to Miami from the 247 article that was shared earlier in this thread, then expectations become tampered. And I don't have a 247 sub, so I can't confirm but I am willing to bet that the same article has quotes saying nice things about the other schools they visited as well.

This past June, Duncanville (Texas) High five-star edge rusher Colin Simmons and his family got a chance to spend a lot of time with many of the college programs in strong contention to ultimately land the blue-chipper’s signature.
And these schools made the decision process more difficult.
“June was amazing,” Simmon’s mother Monica McCarley told 247Sports. “Lots of travel.”
Travel for the 247Sports Composite’s No. 1 ranked edge rusher included officials at Miami, SMU, Alabama and Texas, with Oregon getting an unofficial. The official to the Hurricanes campus came the weekend of June 2.
“Oh my goodness,” McCarley said with a laugh. “Listen it was really, really nice. They pulled out all the stops. It was pretty cool. My takeaway of course Jason Taylor is an amazing coach. If anything he’d be the one coach I’d love for Colin to be coached by.”
Simmons loved it as well.
“Everything,” McCarley said of what her son liked. “That’s the only thing he describes. He says Miami checked off all the boxes for him.”

I hope that I am wrong on this, but it reads as 'Miami is very nice and I would be more than happy if Jason Taylor coached my son, but there were other things that stood out about <insert school here> and those things outweighed everything Miami offered.' Or if you want to put a more positive spin on it 'Miami was great, we love Coach Taylor and they are still one of the schools we are considering' as opposed to that article's headline which suggests Miami is the leader (at least in the eyes of his mom).
Yea after reading this doesn't seem likely

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The player is gonna choose. I read it as "they did all the amazing thing, but what stood out more to me aka, kid's mom, i would like for him to be coached by JT.

Advertisement
So we actually in this or this kid just blowing smoke? I would assume blowing smoke but I never count this staff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back