2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
No insight here, sorry.

I just don’t think you break the bank for a 6’3 220lb edge.

He’s similar enough to Booker Pickett that you don’t spend that much $ for the prestige of “stealing a Texas 5-star”
ALL IN ON STEWART. This kid is a trophy for sure though. Also Pickett is a stick compared to this guy. Pickett looks like he comes from the same gene pool as C Moss.

Hey listen guys.... Y'all have to stop saying we can't overpay for this guy, and that guy, and that guy and....etc

This is BIG BOY RECRUITING. At some point we will HAVE TO OVERPAY for someone. And yes, it will be a risk but c'mon man. That's the whole point of having money to spend. Seems like every high caliber recruit we lose out on, it's because we didn't want to "overpay".

Advertisement
ALL IN ON STEWART. This kid is a trophy for sure though. Also Pickett is a stick compared to this guy. Pickett looks like he comes from the same gene pool as C Moss.

I agree that Collins is much bigger at this point. I was just trying to make a comparison of frames. He’s not the ideal comp, but that’s who first popped in my head.

For me, it’s all about measurables. Id rather miss on a guy who’s within the dimensions of the proven templates at the position.

Lightfoot, Stewart, Rudolph, and to some degree Franklin…all fit that mold.

Cyrus Moss has the height and length, bend, and explosive first step. Unfortunately, the frame of a drum line symbols player.

I agree that Collins is much bigger at this point. I was just trying to make a comparison of frames. He’s not the ideal comp, but that’s who first popped in my head.

For me, it’s all about measurables. Id rather miss on a guy who’s within the dimensions of the proven templates at the position.

Lightfoot, Stewart, Rudolph, and to some degree Franklin…all fit that mold.

Cyrus Moss has the height and length, bend, and explosive first step. Unfortunately, the frame of a drum line symbols player.
Agree but the Simmons dimensions/comp would be Will Anderson. I just think Stewart is better.

Hey listen guys.... Y'all have to stop saying we can't overpay for this guy, and that guy, and that guy and....etc

This is BIG BOY RECRUITING. At some point we will HAVE TO OVERPAY for someone. And yes, it will be a risk but c'mon man. That's the whole point of having money to spend. Seems like every high caliber recruit we lose out on, it's because we didn't want to "overpay".

I know what you’re doing here. I get it.

You’re trying to set the mope narrative (just like the other threads) about getting someone.

I’ll just say it again for those who care to read.

Simmons was never coming here.

Miami has all of their eggs in a very select few baskets. This is not one of them.

That said, continue to drive the narrative that missing on this guy is bad for the program.

At some point, NIL has to be used. It’s being used on Kevin and Chance (both of whom we will have to up the bag/have upped the bag at some point), but no one else is remotely in discussion for any significant deal. This is why I’m saying July will be a big indicator of where our NIL stacks up.

We are all in on some select studs. It’s fine to approach it like this so long as you hit on a high number of guys. We’ve had the OV’s, the UV’s, etc. We start losing D-line battles, it’s either our recruiter or the $$.

Advertisement
No insight here, sorry.

I just don’t think you break the bank for a 6’3 220lb edge.

He’s similar enough to Booker Pickett that you don’t spend that much $ for the prestige of “stealing a Texas 5-star”
I disagree man. This guy is elite. Pickett is more like Moss. U bring in tbis guy and Stewart to spell Wayne, Collins and Bain. U really fu£kin

You’re trying to set the mope narrative (just like the other threads) about getting someone.

Miami has all of their eggs in a very select few baskets. This is not one of them.

That said, continue to drive the narrative that missing on this guy is bad for the program.
This wasn't just for Simmons tho. Have y'all not said this same thing for every top recruit we've missed out on? I mean, y'all love to say other schools "dropped a bag".....

At some point, NIL has to be used. It’s being used on Kevin and Chance (both of whom we will have to up the bag/have upped the bag at some point), but no one else is remotely in discussion for any significant deal. This is why I’m saying July will be a big indicator of where our NIL stacks up.

We are all in on some select studs. It’s fine to approach it like this so long as you hit on a high number of guys. We’ve had the OV’s, the UV’s, etc. We start losing D-line battles, it’s either our recruiter or the $$.
That's true. I've mentioned before I'm really not panicking... At least not yet. I definitely know we'll have to wait and see how impactful these summer visits were.

Advertisement

All signs point to Stewart having been the top of our board for quite some time. I do think, however, that they are putting a full court press on Simmons as well. Stewart and then an SDE type to go along with him (eg McCray, Jackson, Russell, etc) is what I think they’re trying to get.

Fwiw, we need depth at the WDE type bc we lack it after this year.

This wasn't just for Simmons tho. Have y'all not said this same thing for every top recruit we've missed out on? I mean, y'all love to say other schools "dropped a bag".....

This guy must be in PR. Every chance he gets he’s reiterating the narrative.

Who’s “ya’ll” exactly? I’m obviously a part of cohort of insiders who’s raped and pillaged your cinnamon ring because things aren’t being done fast enough.

Here’s who I thought Miami was leading for that went elsewhere -
+ Drelon Miller

Thats it. Everyone else is still on play.

Players I thought Miami had no shot on -
+ Kevin Riley

That’s all that’s happened so far.

This guy must be in PR. Every chance he gets he’s reiterating the narrative.

Who’s “ya’ll” exactly? I’m obviously a part of cohort of insiders who’s raped and pillaged your cinnamon ring because things aren’t being done fast enough.

Here’s who I thought Miami was leading for that went elsewhere -
+ Drelon Miller

Thats it. Everyone else is still on play.

Players I thought Miami had no shot on -
+ Kevin Riley

That’s all that’s happened so far.
Okay. I just like to say y'all instead of "this board". But alright, it doesn't apply to you.

And I've stated plenty of times that I am one of the few patient ones when it comes to recruiting. I'm just going to state things that are currently happening.

Advertisement
Okay. I just like to say y'all instead of "this board". But alright, it doesn't apply to you.

And I've stated plenty of times that I am one of the few patient ones when it comes to recruiting. I'm just going to state things that are currently happening.

It should apply to me.

If we miss on Stewart AND Scott, who I’ve been saying since April are coming…come get me.

Until then, let it play out

It should apply to me.

If we miss on Stewart AND Scott, who I’ve been saying since April are coming…come get me.

Until then, let it play out
Naw. I don't come for ppl who are just wrong on misses. I will if your reason is that we didn't want to overpay tho. That's all I've been saying. We can't use that for every single recruit we lose out on. But like you said, we'll let things play out.

@JG13 is holding out for more NIL $ before doing so

the-goon-dodgeball.gif

Dudes counting Texas commits on Twitter but then claiming he's gonna shock the world and no one knows where he's going lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back