2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Feels like Scott is trending In the wrong direction
Everyone feels like they are trending in the wrong direction but I’m not worried. This time last year, outside of Ray Ray flipping none of these kids were a real possibility til they were. Rashada was trending UF. We were in it for Riley but no one really thought we were leading. Mauigoa was a pipe dream. Popo hadn’t even taken an OV. We were also in it for Wayne but once again he wasn’t a lock or any thing. Then they all started falling one by one. It’s different this go around because from the jump we were expecting an elite haul plus the Gator is recruiting well which is making people impatient and yearning to stuff them in a locker.

Everyone feels like they are trending in the wrong direction but I’m not worried. This time last year, outside of Ray Ray flipping none of these kids were a real possibility til they were. Rashada was trending UF. We were in it for Riley but no one really thought we were leading. Mauigoa was a pipe dream. Popo hadn’t even taken an OV. We were also in it for Wayne but once again he wasn’t a lock or any thing. Then they all started falling one by one. It’s different this go around because from the jump we were expecting an elite haul plus the Gator is recruiting well which is making people impatient and yearning to stuff them in a locker.
I think it feels worse this year because the pressure is on Mario to succeed on the field as well (and that last year was his first year). Recruiting services and national writers are circling the 2022 season + Ruiz and pointing to this year’s lack of recruiting success. I think every reputable podcast and recruiting site sans Pate have been like “what’s going on with Miami?”

Hopefully we just have to wait out the negative public perception for a couple more weeks if that, because the more it builds…the more programs can use it as yet another tool to negatively recruit. And they’re certainly already doing it. I don’t think a single national writer has us leading for anyone of significance (which you alluded to is just like last year).

I remember reading up to the commitment of Francis Miami was dead. Now the peeps on here said the opposite. Not saying that's the case but all the howling on NIL and Ruiz, with Miami's struggles is not a ton different from last year before things got popping. Until that falls flat I've got hope

Advertisement
I remember reading up to the commitment of Francis Miami was dead. Now the peeps on here said the opposite. Not saying that's the case but all the howling on NIL and Ruiz, with Miami's struggles is not a ton different from last year before things got popping. Until that falls flat I've got hope
I'm pretty sure it was like that for every top commitment. UF and Mich State got confident with Samson, Bain showed all signs of Bama or Auburn, Rashada seemed to eliminate us at one point even though that situation ended up being a mess at the end, people were thinking UF for Malik multiple times at different points and even wayne I think had a Bama crystal ball at one point. Can add Damari Brown to the list as well. Prob would be easier just to make a list of top players that it didn't appear to be a back and forth battle. Only one I can think of is Stafford and that came out of no where. I want to say it was either robby or bobby we weren't even in their top 3.

I think it feels worse this year because the pressure is on Mario to succeed on the field as well (and that last year was his first year). Recruiting services and national writers are circling the 2022 season + Ruiz and pointing to this year’s lack of recruiting success. I think every reputable podcast and recruiting site sans Pate have been like “what’s going on with Miami?”

Hopefully we just have to wait out the negative public perception for a couple more weeks if that, because the more it builds…the more programs can use it as yet another tool to negatively recruit. And they’re certainly already doing it. I don’t think a single national writer has us leading for anyone of significance (which you alluded to is just like last year).
The fear nationally of a Miami resurgence is palpable. They all know about Mas, Sofer, etc, but will claim Ruiz is our only NIL source (guy is still worth $$$$$). Yet they will continue to mislead and negative recruit. The louder they get the closer the rebuild is coming to reality.

Advertisement

You say that here and you’re a naysayer. Fact is the strength of this class is still supposed to be the DL where we bring this class into the top 7-10 but we are BATTLING some big names for these kids and I don’t see any that we are trending as the absolute favorite for unless every single other writer is incorrect.

Stewart
Scott
Breland
Zaquan
Trader

We land those 5 and we are a lock for a top 7 class. We need to find a way.

You say that here and you’re a naysayer. Fact is the strength of this class is still supposed to be the DL where we bring this class into the top 7-10 but we are BATTLING some big names for these kids and I don’t see any that we are trending as the absolute favorite for unless every single other writer is incorrect.

Stewart
Scott
Breland
Zaquan
Trader

We land those 5 and we are a lock for a top 7 class. We need to find a way.
The difference is we were in a similar position as last year. Rashada was 50/50 at best, Francis was all Tennessee, Wayne had some UGA buzz, Riley Williams was thinking west coast, Kinsler (even though he was technically a high 3-star) was UF, Malik Bryant was UF, Popo no OV, Bain was riding in a cart with Saban, Collins was Michigan bound until the last minute, Fletcher was another local guy Ohio St stole, Damari Brown was Saban’s if he really wanted him, etc. Only Samson had Miami vibes.

So the national writers were wrong last year and could be again (well they better be or this board will erupt lol).

Point is…Mario works so silently that no one outside the program really knows where we stack up.

The difference is we were in a similar position as last year. Rashada was 50/50 at best, Francis was all Tennessee, Wayne had some UGA buzz, Riley Williams was thinking west coast, Kinsler (even though he was technically a high 3-star) was UF, Malik Bryant was UF, Popo no OV, Bain was riding in a cart with Saban, Collins was Michigan bound until the last minute, Fletcher was another local guy Ohio St stole, Damari Brown was Saban’s if he really wanted him, etc. Only Samson had Miami vibes.

So the national writers were wrong last year and could be again (well they better be or this board will erupt lol).

Point is…Mario works so silently that no one outside the program really knows where we stack up.
All good points I will say that with certain guys like Riley, Mario did have the leg up with family ties and offer timing.

Francis I agree was expected to UTenn but Mario’s history with Penei and Coach Joe did help.

To me if you use last year as the guide, Breland would make the most logic sense as a commit solely because I believe he’s said Mario was his first offer from Oregon as well.

Malik did have ties to Edge which went under appreciated it seems looking back & Bain was always going to at least have UM as a finalist.

This staff did great last year outside of Cormani’s **** ***. Ruiz being much more quiet on Twitter is also likely making writers think the gravy train has run out.

I agree it’s not time to panic it’s the game. I think the difference this year is 1. We saw the amazing recruiting outcome of last year and have higher (maybe unfair) expectations. 2. Respected guys here and elsewhere hyped up this June/July specifically so not seeing the results by next month might look like things didn’t go as expected.

Advertisement
I agree it’s not time to panic it’s the game. I think the difference this year is 1. We saw the amazing recruiting outcome of last year and have higher (maybe unfair) expectations. 2. Respected guys here and elsewhere hyped up this June/July specifically so not seeing the results by next month might look like things didn’t go as expected.
If we don’t see the results by August 1st then I think we’re in a lot of trouble. That said, I expect to see a lot happening over the next month based on how things went last year.

Feels like Scott is trending In the wrong direction

Stone and simmons haven’t been trending Miami for awhile.

Miami might get stewart and Scott. That’s a take all day long. Miami was never getting all these top dudes to begin with.

The amusing part to all of that is ANYONE OF THESE REPUTABLE SITES OR BEAT WRITERS,SOURCES ETC saying what's going on at Miami ARE SIMPLY SHOWING TO ANYONE PAYING ATTENTION THEY THEMSELVES SIMPLY DONT KNOW **** ON THEY OWN OR OUT OF THEIR NETWORK. THEY AINT PLUGGED IN TO ****. Cause if they were they'd be real silent about all the negativity knowing how they gonna look real soon...

Advertisement
The Citizen shock is all we needed to never rule Mario out of a recruitment again. Until Cribby or D$ says we're not in the race, we're in every race.

I don’t personally think we where ever really in this one.

Miami is all in on a few guys (Stewart, Scott, Breland, and a few others).

I don’t believe he is one of them.

I don’t personally think we where ever really in this one.

Miami is all in on a few guys (Stewart, Scott, Breland, and a few others).

I don’t believe he is one of them.

Agreed. I believe we are giving it our all, but as far as the DL “whales”, I’ve easily felt the least confident about this one. Texas can’t afford to lose this kid but my money is on LSU.

WE need Stewart. Allocate whatever resources necessary.

Bi Polar board
The amusing part to all of that is ANYONE OF THESE REPUTABLE SITES OR BEAT WRITERS,SOURCES ETC saying what's going on at Miami ARE SIMPLY SHOWING TO ANYONE PAYING ATTENTION THEY THEMSELVES SIMPLY DONT KNOW **** ON THEY OWN OR OUT OF THEIR NETWORK. THEY AINT PLUGGED IN TO ****. Cause if they were they'd be real silent about all the negativity knowing how they gonna look real soon...
When u see they dont put in CB u know they chatting shyyt for clicks. If u think Stewart is going to OSU, put in a CB. On3 is garbage, they dont count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back