2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I was just reading around the LSU 247 site. They pretty much dismissed Miami- not even really mentioned. they think it's Texas and them.
I want him more now for all their smugness...

Yep, saw that too. In their defense though this kid has been considered an LSU lean for months now. They also feel the same about Miller (WR). A thread over there didnt mention us at all, LSU/TAMU/USC. I guess we’ll see.

Yep, saw that too. In their defense though this kid has been considered an LSU lean for months now. They also feel the same about Miller (WR). A thread over there didnt mention us at all, LSU/TAMU/USC. I guess we’ll see.
I noticed the posters mentioned his father talking about Texas. I wonder if he was here over the weekend for the OV. His mother was quoted by Wiltfong.
could be one of those dueling parent things...

Advertisement
Texas and LSU been out front. He is just over a hour from Austin and 3 hours from Baton Rouge, i think. Jason Taylor is a X factor in these DE recruitments. Sorta like how 3 toe Prime been selling the DBs. Im hoping Ed Reed can get some coaching experience and come back seasoned.

Texas and LSU been out front. He is just over a hour from Austin and 3 hours from Baton Rouge, i think. Jason Taylor is a X factor in these DE recruitments. Sorta like how 3 toe Prime been selling the DBs. Im hoping Ed Reed can get some coaching experience and come back seasoned.
Ed doesn't need any seasoning in regards to coaching Safeties.

Going to keep an eye on LSU and the Texas boards this week. Very curious to see if either starts to mention Miami with any momentum. Ferman also mentioned this morning on his podcast that his counterparts in Texas firmly believe it will be them or LSU. Supposedly the belief is the kid likes LSU and sounds like family (maybe the Dad?) are about Texas.

Advertisement
Going to keep an eye on LSU and the Texas boards this week. Very curious to see if either starts to mention Miami with any momentum. Ferman also mentioned this morning on his podcast that his counterparts in Texas firmly believe it will be them or LSU. Supposedly the belief is the kid likes LSU and sounds like family (maybe the Dad?) are about Texas.
None of those schools believe Miami is back on the recruiting trail, even with last year class. We didnt have many battles with them and the ones we did have they won. I would take what they say with a grain of salt even while acknowledging they are probably favorites. Winning this type of battle will send shocks into their eco systems though. Bama and UGA are well aware of what we are on the trail.

I was just reading around the LSU 247 site. They pretty much dismissed Miami- not even really mentioned. they think it's Texas and them.
I want him more now for all their smugness...

I've been lurking TG for years and they never think we are in it for the big boys.

Besides, Simmons did say in an interview that it was down to a Texas/LSU head to head.

Ed doesn't need any seasoning in regards to coaching Safeties.
I was just thinking about the possibility of having him as a DB coach because of all the Jason Taylor hype. A lot of kids talk about wanting to be coached by the best to do it. Doesn't get any better than Ed.

You think there's any chance he (or Mario for that matter) would ever consider being a position coach on this staff? He's probably that one former player above all the others that I'd want to see both coaching and on the recruiting trail.

I was just thinking about the possibility of having him as a DB coach because of all the Jason Taylor hype. A lot of kids talk about wanting to be coached by the best to do it. Doesn't get any better than Ed.

You think there's any chance he (or Mario for that matter) would ever consider being a position coach on this staff? He's probably that one former player above all the others that I'd want to see both coaching and on the recruiting trail.
I think the biggest difference there is that I haven’t seen any sign from Reed that he actual wants to coach. JT on the other hand has taken his time working his way through the ranks. Both would be great recruiters for obvious reasons but JT actually looks like a guy that is honing his skill set and actually becoming a great coach.

Advertisement

Has to work both ways. Ed's been pretty vocal about not wanting to be a position coach

SMU’s NIL collectives have deep pockets. Simmons said as far as how NIL factors into his recruitment, that’s something his mother, Monica, handles.

“Honestly, I like to leave it to my mom a little bit, but I like to hear it myself,” he told On3. “Because it sounds good. I like to hear the money talk, but like to leave it to my mom, let her handle that business and come back to me and tell me what sounds best.”

He visited the Miami Hurricanes on June 9-11, will visit the Alabama Crimson Tide on June 16-18, the Oregon Ducks on June 20-22, Texas on June 23-25, and Texas A&M on July 26-28. Now, SMU can be added to that list.

LSU and Texas A&M are expected to get fall official visits from Simmons.

Advertisement
He visited the Miami Hurricanes on June 9-11, will visit the Alabama Crimson Tide on June 16-18, the Oregon Ducks on June 20-22, Texas on June 23-25, and Texas A&M on July 26-28. Now, SMU can be added to that list.

Bring him for A&M. We owe them for last years bull****

He definitely taking full advantage of the increased OVs

It looks like he’s the first high leverage kid to take more than 5 OV’s. Good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back