2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don’t think there is a kid having more fun with the process than him in the country lol. He loves all of this (nothing wrong with that) and seems to be soaking up the attention. He is a kid that could probably take 10 OVs if he wanted to because any school would welcome him. So with that being said, I don’t see him doing anything under the radar unless we suggested that which I don’t see why we would now. He already visited unofficially and made it known which dates he was OVing to us a while ago.

I’d be surprised if he didn’t visit, wouldn’t look too much into the tweet being gone but I’ve been wrong before.
did any of the other recruits visiting post their edits yet? might have just jumped the gun

Advertisement
I hope people take note that even though a lot of these South Dallas kids aren't ultimately picking Miami, they're interested enough to pick us for one of their visits and take us seriously despite the fact that we haven't really been good in 20 years. It's a culture fit and none of the Texas schools really make sense. Austin and College Station might as well be different planets for these lolkids. We just have to do our part and these things will start bearing fruit.
This is an excellent point. In addition to having an unprecedented number of elite prospects on campus regularly, many of these 4 and 5 star national names are going out of their way to get down to Miami. The truth is that most of these kids would have never given Miami the time of day in the past but they can clearly see that the program is taking football seriously. To the OP's point, it's only a matter of time before these visits turn into commitments.

This is an excellent point. In addition to having an unprecedented number of elite prospects on campus regularly, many of these 4 and 5 star national names are going out of their way to get down to Miami. The truth is that most of these kids would have never given Miami the time of day in the past but they can clearly see that the program is taking football seriously. To the OP's point, it's only a matter of time before these visits turn into commitments.
He may have a point about College Station, never been there, heard its a cow pasture. But Austin is not a bumfuk in the middle of nowhere, i been there numerous times to run at Texas Relays. Its nice.

I hope people take note that even though a lot of these South Dallas kids aren't ultimately picking Miami, they're interested enough to pick us for one of their visits and take us seriously despite the fact that we haven't really been good in 20 years. It's a culture fit and none of the Texas schools really make sense. Austin and College Station might as well be different planets for these kids. We just have to do our part and these things will start bearing fruit.

Great point. South Dallas is probably the closest area to OVertown/Miami as there is in the country in terms of attitude, approach to football, quality of players, demographics, etc. I'd put Houston in that group as well.

Do you think LSU is a draw for him? That's the school I'd look out for

Advertisement
It's safe to exhale

Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

Advertisement
In this LWS twitter space, @Geo305 had this update on Colin

• Texas leading
  • L$U feeling good
  • Currently between UT and L$U
  • Miami pushing hard this weekend. Intentional to have him down w/all the other 5* DL so he can bond and see they could be something special.
https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1YqxoAQrdqMGv
Gravy for me.

I just really want Scott, Stone, Stewart, Breland, McCray. Somehow get me 3 of those 5 (or I can dream about 4), pony up the cash, and let’s party.

Last edited:
I didn't think we had any shot at this kid but we took our shot. Hopefully we set a high bar on the visit that nobody else can top and Mario/Jason Taylor can stay in touch with him throughout the rest of his visits.

I didn't think we had any shot at this kid but we took our shot. Hopefully we set a high bar on the visit that nobody else can top and Mario/Jason Taylor can stay in touch with him throughout the rest of his visits.
On3 recruiting vid last week said every kid that visit a school and came back and said, "they set the bar high", ended up not committing and going elsewhere. Be great to pick him up

Advertisement
Advertisement
  • Miami pushing hard this weekend. Intentional to have him down w/all the other 5* DL so he can bond and see they could be something special.

Confirmed, this was the pitch JT made to all the 4*/5* over the weekend. They're going for an A&M type DL class.

It would be crazy if we all came here. [Jason Taylor] said that to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back