2024 DB Position

Advertisement
I think it comes dow to who plays better between Savion Riley and Jadais Richard to determine where Mishael Powell plays.

I would love to see Jadais take control of the Nickel position allowing Mishael Powell to play Safety.

I agree but I still think we need one more DB either way. S or CB depends on how everyone looks across the back 5 during March… assuming anyone talented actually hits the portal and hasn’t already been back channeled by another program.

This is what poor high school recruiting for the last 6yrs looks like.

CB has been a dumpster fire for the last SIX SEASONS at Miami.

You can walk outside, throw a rock, and hit a starting caliber CB.

******* embarrassing.
I'm with you. This should be one of the strongest groups in AMERICA every year, nevermind the ACC or the team.

Advertisement
There’s a lot of ‘hope’ and ‘development’ in this thread. Nothing wrong with it of course but when you literally go out and sign the best QB (Ward) the program has had in the last 20 years, you then must solidify your weakness.

This team needs in the Spring portal 2 secondary type starters, 1 DT (300 lbs plus) and 1 starting caliber WR.

Make the playoff run!

There’s a lot of ‘hope’ and ‘development’ in this thread. Nothing wrong with it of course but when you literally go out and sign the best QB (Ward) the program has had in the last 20 years, you then must solidify your weakness.

This team needs in the Spring portal 2 secondary type starters, 1 DT (300 lbs plus) and 1 starting caliber WR.

Make the playoff run!

There’s no $ for that.

Sorry.

If you’d like all of those critical and high value positions filled with a high level player, feel free to make a substantial donation here:

I’m no flag waver for addea but he has shown ability to develop some guys. DP2 was as elite a CB we’ve had in the last 15 years. If he can help Damari lock down either of the other 2 CB spots we might have an elite defense this year. Front 7 may be one of the best in conference which will aid the Safeties.

Just a hunch:

CB Porter--Freeney

CB Brown--Richard

NB Harris--Stafford

SS Powell--Patterson

FS Riley--M.Williams

Advertisement
Steve Carell Ew GIF by Focus Features

If you seriously think Addae is a good coach…you’ve got the intelligence of a sloth. Respectfully, of course.

Crediting him with Ty’Rique? LOL.

He should have been replaced already and I still expect him to be replaced by the time Spring Ball starts. You don’t keep a coach around that coaches don’t mesh with, players don’t respect, and parents don’t get along with.

If you seriously think Addae is a good coach…you’ve got the intelligence of a sloth. Respectfully, of course.

Crediting him with Ty’Rique? LOL.

He should have been replaced already and I still expect him to be replaced by the time Spring Ball starts. You don’t keep a coach around that coaches don’t mesh with, players don’t respect, and parents don’t get along with.
If he’s still here, I’m gonna start thinking Joe shared whatever pics he had of Mario Gattis-ing someone’s momma with Addae & they got some unreal job security. Almost gotta tip my cap. 😂

There’s no $ for that.

Sorry.

If you’d like all of those critical and high value positions filled with a high level player, feel free to make a substantial donation here:

@Ghandi I hear you on that. But I'm curious if that's an absolute truth, or it's situation dependent? We were in it with J Smith all the way up until the last moment. So someone was willing to invest in NIL for the right player. Could that still be the case? ... Obviously, if you're talking 3-4 NFL-level transfers like @561Cane lists, that's a lot bigger of a budget than even J Smith must have commanded. But it is also a 1-year rental only.

Appreciate your insights on this brother.

p.s., I'm not as greedy as 561. I only want one DB1 in addition to a WR1 and DT1, lol.

Advertisement
By the end of the season DB will be a strength, we have a lot more athleticism and speed back there, the kid from Washington will lock down a slot position and Jaden Harris has all American talent

@Ghandi I hear you on that. But I'm curious if that's an absolute truth, or it's situation dependent? We were in it with J Smith all the way up until the last moment. So someone was willing to invest in NIL for the right player. Could that still be the case? ... Obviously, if you're talking 3-4 NFL-level transfers like @561Cane lists, that's a lot bigger of a budget than even J Smith must have commanded. But it is also a 1-year rental only.

Appreciate your insights on this brother.

p.s., I'm not as greedy as 561. I only want one DB1 in addition to a WR1 and DT1, lol.

It is situation dependent. Will Johnson or Travis Hunter want to come? I’d bet the money would appear quickly.

The issue is the suck tax and what is needed escalates in perpetuity. The Spring guys are usually in a better position to bargain since teams already had their spring camps to see where they’re deficient. Winter portal is a buyers market, spring is a sellers market.

All I’m saying is these are unprecedented times. The fan base as a whole has the opportunity to step into a possible void and provide the school with a strategic advantage in NIL.

Depending on 15-20 heavy hitters for every player (one year rental or not) is going to bleed the well dry. If some fans are as upset as they pretend to be on this board about the portal budget…then make one and donate to it.

What do you think is going on at OSU? They’re putting their $ where their mouth is.

Give me Jadais Richard, Damari Brown and DP Jr and lets ride. Im all in on these guys. Addae has to take them to the next level. Thats what we pay him for. Thats a good core that is proven. (Richard and Brown held it down against FSU. All I needed to see. They have something to develop and mold.)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back