2024 ATH Jason Mitchell II

Advertisement
Same school as one of our recent offers in the ‘23 class in Rodrick Pleasant who is a top 100 corner with 10.1 speed as a junior

Advertisement
What's his commitment date and where's he visiting?

Jason Mitchell has had a very busy month of March. And he doesn’t plan to slow down in April. Mitchell has visited LSU, Ohio State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC and Washington.

April starts in a couple of days and he is already scheduled to be at Tennessee this weekend. Mitchell is planning to be at Georgia, Miami and Oregon for spring games next month as well.

These visits will help the No. 226 prospect in the On3 Industry Ranking push toward a decision. He set a commitment date for Sept. 16 and it will be a special setting he announces that decision.

“We are playing in Hawaii that day,” Mitchell told On3. “It will be a big day for me and my family. We play against Kahuku and I have family out there. Not many know, but I have a lot of family in Hawaii, so it will mean a lot to commit with a lot of my friends and family around.

“My plan right now is to commit at halftime of that game. The details are still being worked out, but I plan to commit on Sept. 16 in Hawaii.”

Between now and then, Mitchell will trim his list of schools. The first cut could come in April, but likely in May. Mitchell will start with 10, then work his way down to one from there.

“I am hoping to cut my list down as soon as possible. With more visits coming up, I should have an idea when I get done with those. After these unofficial visits, I will know who really wants me and how I feel about a lot of different schools. My goal is to be down to 10 schools this spring. I know I am getting there.”

Advertisement
Back