2023 WR Shack shines at Paradise after third UM visit in three weeks

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2023 Mandarin (FL) WR Jeremiah Shack was a clear top performer out at Paradise Camp this weekend, and he took some time to talk about the experience afterwards.

“Honestly, it felt like there was way more people here than at other camps, but it was super organized,” Shack said. “It was super hard to get reps. I feel like I did what I could with my opportunities… The former players, their message was to keep working hard and you’ll end up in the NFL.”

Following the camp, Shack received a lot of personal attention from Miami Hurricanes WR coach Rob Likens, something that wasn’t a surprise to Shack given how well the two have hit it off since he received his UM offer last April.

“We have the best relationship that I have with any coach, me and coach Likens,” Shack said. “He’s a real straight up coach and I like the vibes that I get from him. He tells me if I come in and I work hard, I won’t have any problem playing.”

The 6’3” 190-pound receiver has now visited the Miami campus three times in the past three weeks, and Shack has enjoyed seeing the environment that the Canes staff has cultivated within the program.

“I just like their culture, how they run things. When I came on my visit last week, it was just different,” Shack said of UM. “Before, I really didn’t have any experience being here in person and watching players go through a college workout, come in the weight room. Everybody was just on the same page, just working. It was great.”

Shack is also a fan of UM offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee’s offense, and feels it would be an easy transition for him coming from Mandarin if he were to choose Miami.

“That’s the type of offense we run at my high school, so I definitely feel like it would be a good fit for me,” Shack said.

Elsewhere in this recruitment, Shack has also received early bids from Georgia, Mississippi State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, and FAU in addition to Miami, although UM is still the only school from that group he’s actually visited.

“I’ve been on other visits, but Miami’s the only school I’ve been to out of my offers,” Shack said. “I’ve been to Florida, LSU. I’m supposed to be going to Georgia Tech next month.”

With a current plan to decide on a program next summer, Shack has plenty of time to take visits and evaluate his options, which will surely grow in the coming months. What will he be looking for in a school when it comes time to make a decision?

“Definitely how I fit in their offense, life after football, the school around the program, academics, how the classrooms are set up – like, are there a lot of kids in that classroom?,” Shack said. “Different things like that, not going to a school just ‘cause.”

As a sophomore for the Mustangs in 2020, Shack only played in 2 games due to injury, recording 2 catches for 57 yards and a TD. Going into his junior season, though, Shack is focused on staying healthy and making sure his game is at the highest level its ever been.

“My game is all about being physical. I’m not the strongest receiver, so I just try and stick to the fundamentals,” Shack said. “I’m trying to work on being more consistent and being more patient in my routes. Sometimes when I have a lot of space, I tend to rush the route, so I need to be more patient and disciplined in my routes.”

Advertisement
Best 42 second highlight video I've ever seen.

But seriously, this kid looks like a future beast. Elite name.

Big kid , long strider. Over a year and a half ago ran in just one meet and posted a 200m in 24.26. His speed will drop rapidly in the next two year.

Advertisement
I'll have to vehemently disagree with the youngin. The event was disorganized as ****. But otherwise I'd kill to get this guy on the dotted line.
Funny you say that because I've read multiple kids say that it was the most organized camp they'd been at as well. If this is your take I'd hate to see what camps they've been at that they considered to be disorganized

Funny you say that because I've read multiple kids say that it was the most organized camp they'd been at as well. If this is your take I'd hate to see what camps they've been at that they considered to be disorganized
Organize chaos. As Einstein would say “relative” everything is “relative”. Seriously though, he obviously was comparing it to other camps so relatively speaking he thought it was organized. Anyway, I wouldn’t mind an early commit from Shack as his Size/Speed combo is very good. It seems from the article the staff made a Good impression and we’re leading.

Advertisement
Yeah
Organize chaos. As Einstein would say “relative” everything is “relative”. Seriously though, he obviously was comparing it to other camps so relatively speaking he thought it was organized. Anyway, I wouldn’t mind an early commit from Shack as his Size/Speed combo is very good. It seems from the article the staff made a Good impression and we’re leading.
It'll be tough. Majority of the 2023 slots will go to the local tri-county crop....the thing I don't want to see happen is a guy like Shack get slow played and then he's not there for us to circle back to if the local studs have committed elsewhere. Immediately after we close out the 2022 class in February, we should be taking a kid like this if he's wanting to shut it down and commit....only issue is Manny seems to want kids to get their visits out the way before committing, which can be risky, especially if we're not winning at an annual 10-win+ clip. With this new recruiting strategy Manny is betting on the team to perform...hope it works out for us.

Yeah

It'll be tough. Majority of the 2023 slots will go to the local tri-county crop....the thing I don't want to see happen is a guy like Shack get slow played and then he's not there for us to circle back to if the local studs have committed elsewhere. Immediately after we close out the 2022 class in February, we should be taking a kid like this if he's wanting to shut it down and commit....only issue is Manny seems to want kids to get their visits out the way before committing, which can be risky, especially if we're not winning at an annual 10-win+ clip. With this new recruiting strategy Manny is betting on the team to perform...hope it works out for us.
Assuming his Junior year matches his film, I can’t imagine Likens lets this kid slip away.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back