Official 2023 WR Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph COMMITS

Advertisement
I think the transfer one will hurt him more. For what he misses in evals he aint fixing right away through the portal.

RECRUITING wise he owns his state, can live in nc, owns part of metro atlanta, and can go into Bama, SW FLA, NFLA to supplement. And they are still paying kids so.
In 2018 he signed the #1 player from Georgia, #1 player from SC, #1 player from Ohio, #1 player from Alabama, #1 player from Florida (IMG) and the #2 player in NC. His tentacles reach all across the southeast.

What I love about the Gattis/Andy jean workout which gets a bit lost is that it was at 7am. Yes I know some of that is to beat the heat, but much of that is to see if this young man is willing to give his best effort at a time of day that almost all rising high school seniors are still sleeping.
This staff does not just recruit kids, it also tests kids to see if they have the drive and character necessary for ultimate success. This is an example, to me, of how to distinguish between 4 star athlete A and 4 star athlete B
Bingo!!! Which leads me to a question...

Do you (CIS) think that high 4* Mark Pope would've agreed to a 7am workout at Miami? My thought based on what we saw during his tenure, is in his head he'd think "what???!!! Coach crazy, I'm Mark Pope, I don't need to work out super early in the AM for anyone, he got me messed up, shoot look at my offer list"......and then proceeds to make excuses why he can't make the early morning workout.

Would be 4 star athlete B in the aforementioned example who winds up transferring to Jackson State BEFORE going to JSU was the cool thing to do

Advertisement
What I love about the Gattis/Andy jean workout which gets a bit lost is that it was at 7am. Yes I know some of that is to beat the heat, but much of that is to see if this young man is willing to give his best effort at a time of day that almost all rising high school seniors are still sleeping.
This staff does not just recruit kids, it also tests kids to see if they have the drive and character necessary for ultimate success. This is an example, to me, of how to distinguish between 4 star athlete A and 4 star athlete B
Great observation! These intangibles are often what separates the greats from everyone else.
Yes your a blue chip athlete but that’s only part of the equation and a small part at that.

So Louisville flips a Miami local that we on hard , who visits very often. Yeah don't see it, like at all. If it was a thing where we ignored him until close to signing day, yeah probably. He ain't going to UL. Man said multiple times if we were on him, he never would have committed to Clemson.

Advertisement
Bingo!!! Which leads me to a question...

Do you (CIS) think that high 4* Mark Pope would've agreed to a 7am workout at Miami? My thought based on what we saw during his tenure, is in his head he'd think "what???!!! Coach crazy, I'm Mark Pope, I don't need to work out super early in the AM for anyone, he got me messed up, shoot look at my offer list"......and then proceeds to make excuses why he can't make the early morning workout.

Would be 4 star athlete B in the aforementioned example who winds up transferring to Jackson State BEFORE going to JSU was the cool thing to do
We are on the same page. i just think UM like many schools thought for many years that this 4 star is as good as that 4 star. And they maybe are in terms of size, speed, “talent”. But results often require more than just talent. They require desire and a willingness to outwork someone else. And not just in sports but in life. What makes one lawyer, doctor, accountant, broker, etc better than another? more likely than not it is hard work and desire.

‘I don’t want to call out any specific player for having a ton of talent but not enough desire, but I was thinking of the same person as you. All the measureables in the world only mean so much if the desire to be great doesn’t exist. And in fairness, not everyone has to be great, or have the same desire to be great. And that is OK as well. But when your job as a coach depends on the ability to distinguish between players with similar measureables, the coach better have a way to figure that out. I like 7am private workouts for that purpose.

In 2018 he signed the #1 player from Georgia, #1 player from SC, #1 player from Ohio, #1 player from Alabama, #1 player from Florida (IMG) and the #2 player in NC. His tentacles reach all across the southeast.
Yeah, I hated that they tried to claim that. Xavier Thomas is from the low country and played at IMG for a year. That’s not signing the #1 player out of the state of Florida.

Advertisement
We are on the same page. i just think UM like many schools thought for many years that this 4 star is as good as that 4 star. And they maybe are in terms of size, speed, “talent”. But results often require more than just talent. They require desire and a willingness to outwork someone else. And not just in sports but in life. What makes one lawyer, doctor, accountant, broker, etc better than another? more likely than not it is hard work and desire.

‘I don’t want to call out any specific player for having a ton of talent but not enough desire, but I was thinking of the same person as you. All the measureables in the world only mean so much if the desire to be great doesn’t exist. And in fairness, not everyone has to be great, or have the same desire to be great. And that is OK as well. But when your job as a coach depends on the ability to distinguish between players with similar measureables, the coach better have a way to figure that out. I like 7am private workouts for that purpose.

Keep in mind that the 38th best player in the country (would project to early 2nd rounder) and the 338th best player in the country (would project to, at best, a UFA invite and cut or arena league type) are BOTH rated 4-star in the current system.

Ignore "stars." Look at the offers. If you must, at least use the score system (out of 100 or 5.5-6.1 or whatever). Stars are misleading, unless were talking about the 5-star players my dead grandmother could evaluate.

Of course, she was 6'3", 250 and ran a 4.5 40.

https://movie-sounds.org/comedy-mov...pansies-of-course-she-s-6-3-250-runs-a-4-5-40

Advertisement
So Louisville flips a Miami local that we on hard , who visits very often. Yeah don't see it, like at all. If it was a thing where we ignored him until close to signing day, yeah probably. He ain't going to UL. Man said multiple times if we were on him, he never would have committed to Clemson.
Pause

Advertisement
Back