Official 2023 WR Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph COMMITS

To be fair the vast majority of commitments are about NIL in today's college football, recruiting is essentially free agency now
Yep. If your an "NIL worthy" recruit..then its all about the NIL if you ask me. If FAMU came out and offered Rashada a 10M NIL deal he would be screaming, "Strike, Strike and Strike again!" at the top of his lungs. Lol.

Advertisement
Dick Wolf Doctor GIF by Wolf Entertainment

If you add Ray Ray, Jalen Brown, Jean our wr class is elite
Agreed, the only thing missing from that group would be a bigger WR. They all bring their unique skill to the table there and 3 of the 4 have elite speed and I don’t use that word lightly. Missing out on Inniss and Keem sucks but can’t deny the talent of the others. Also more and more I’m convincing myself that Ray Ray just might be the best of the bunch and I really like Inniss.

Agreed, the only thing missing from that group would be a bigger WR. They all bring their unique skill to the table there and 3 of the 4 have elite speed and I don’t use that word lightly. Missing out on Inniss and Keem sucks but can’t deny the talent of the others. Also more and more I’m convincing myself that Ray Ray just might be the best of the bunch and I really like Inniss.
Any 4 out of those 6 kids would awesome. As far as skill set goes, are Jean and Inniss similar style WR? Not asking which one is better. I feel they all compliments each other well and there’s not a lot of redundancy there

Advertisement
Why are people still talking about the "bag game"? NIL changed everything. And now it all on the table.
I think that's because NIL is being used in the same way across a large landscape of college sports. For some, it's buying recruits.

When you get an NIL deal before enrolling, it's really the same thing. It's just legal now.

The fact that On3 projects NIL value on high school recruits is just silly. It creates a false sense of worth good or bad. What does a star rating have to do with NIL value? You have to do something to create value providing a benefit to a company willing to pay. These collectives and other non-businesses are just purchase offers for future football services at their favorite universities. I.E., they are dropping bags in the name of NIL. On3 is just proving a payment scale to do it. I don't believe they are using any social media metrics which would be some of the best metrics to determine value.

NIL deals are endorsement deals. The same as professional athletes. Their endorsements are not a part of their playing contacts. They are separate and provide value to the businesses that are paying them. A business isn't paying them to sign with the local sports team. It may be more lucrative to sign with a team in a certain area. The athlete may have value once they do sign and that's the difference in what NIL is supposed to be and just "bag dropping."

It's kind of sickens me that bag drops and NIL have merged becoming the acceptable norm, but at least everyone has an equal opportunity to do it.

Last edited:
Any 4 out of those 6 kids would awesome. As far as skill set goes, are Jean and Inniss similar style WR? Not asking which one is better. I feel they all compliments each other well and there’s not a lot of redundancy there
I haven’t seen enough of Jean to determine if he has the violent and alpha attitude of Inniss. He has that MJ killer mindset. He dominates. I know it’s 7v7 but he just makes plays, takes on all competition.

NIL. But we’ve seen random schools try and make “California to (wherever)” a thing, like Nebraska a while back. Just never seems to work. Maybe NIL changes that but they go 6-6,7-5 and highly unlikely that class sticks together especially through a coaching change. Louisville will throw the kitchen sink at Brohm and he’ll probably end up there but is it enough to keep a bunch of Cali kids? We’ll see.
Well, I hope they do get them. We need a stronger league. I don't even care if FSU gets good recruits as long as we get everyone we want and are on top.

As glorious as it is watching FSU scuttle four straight losing seasons, I'd rather them be decent down the road (after a few more losing seasons :sneaky:) when we get great. Clemson vs GT is not even a rivalry any more. That's what is going to happen. It will be fun for a while, but it will get boring knowing the game won't even be competitive.

I prefer more of a Clemson vs NC State vibe. Competitive games for a while, but NC State might win 1 maybe 2 out of 10 that's it.

A stronger ACC will be best for Miami once we reach the mountain top.

Last edited:
Well, I hope they do get them. We need a stronger league. I don't even care if FSU gets good recruits as long as we get everyone we want and are on top.

As glorious as it is watching FSU scuttle four straight losing seasons, I'd rather them be decent down the road after a few more losing seasons when we get great. Clemson vs GT is not even a rivalry any more. That's what is going to happen. It will be fun for a while, but it will get boring knowing the game won't even be competitive.

I prefer more of a Clemson vs NC State vibe. Competive games for a while, but NC State might win 1 maybe 2 out of 10 that's it.

A stronger ACC will be best for Miami once we reach the mountain top.
Miami goes undefeated we are in the playoffs every single year.

Miami with 1 loss and conference title win? In the playoffs every single year barring some random *** **** happening (which of course it probably would for us).

Miami's biggest problem had been Miami.

Advertisement
I think that's because NIL is being used in the same way across a large landscape of college sports. For some, it's buying recruits.

When you get an NIL deal before enrolling, it's really the same thing. It's just legal now.

The fact that On3 projects NIL value on high school recruits is just silly. It creates a false sense of worth good or bad. What does a star rating have to do with NIL value? You have to do something to create value providing a benefit to a company willing to pay. These collectives and other non-businesses are just purchase offers for future football services at their favorite universities. I.E., they are dropping bags in the name of NIL. On3 is just proving a payment scale to do it. I don't believe they are using any social media metrics which would be some of the best metrics to determine value.

NIL deals are endorsement deals. The same as professional athletes. Their endorsements are not a part of their playing contacts. They are separate and provide value to the businesses that is paying them. A business isn't paying them to sign with the local sports team. It may be more lucrative to sign with a team in a certain area. The athlete may have value once they do sign and that's the difference in what NIL is supposed to be and just "bag dropping."

It's kind of sickens me that bag drops and NIL have merged becoming the acceptable norm, but at least everyone has an equal opportunity to do it.
Yes, exactly. So there is no need for the "bags" conversation/conspiracy talk anymore. As I said, it is all on the table, rather than below it.

Advertisement
What I find fascinating is this On3 puts a **** NIL value on recruits…lol!!

And the NCAA wants to come sniffing up UM’s ***!

Andy Jean met Gattis at 7 am this morning for a private workout. According to Rivals, they worked together for two solid hours of intense instruction.

“It was great, I learned so much,” . “It was great energy and what I learned, it changed my game. He taught me better route running, drills, all stuff like that. It was great individual work.”

Jean says he was blown away and that “it just shows what Miami can do, that if I go there I’ll be developed as a wide receiver because coach Gattis would develop me.”

he also spoke with mario who told him he would really like to work with him for 3-4 years. Jean told Rivals that he told Mario "We’re going to make it happen!"

He says Miami is firmly in the lead - he does intend to take his visits and sit down with his family though. He will take an OV to the Canes in the fall.

Advertisement
Andy Jean met Gattis at 7 am this morning for a private workout. According to Rivals, they worked together for two solid hours of intense instruction.

“It was great, I learned so much,” . “It was great energy and what I learned, it changed my game. He taught me better route running, drills, all stuff like that. It was great individual work.”

Jean says he was blown away and that “it just shows what Miami can do, that if I go there I’ll be developed as a wide receiver because coach Gattis would develop me.”

he also spoke with mario who told him he would really like to work with him for 3-4 years. Jean told Rivals that he told Mario "We’re going to make it happen!"

He says Miami is firmly in the lead - he does intend to take his visits and sit down with his family though. He will take an OV to the Canes in the fall.
Gattis making these workouts to demonstrate what he can teach. I like it.

Advertisement
Back