Official 2023 WR Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph COMMITS

DJ is awful! They have Hunter Johnson the Northwestern transfer and they have a legit stud in the true freshman but he’s a true freshman. Clemson will win 10 plus games. What I meant was, Clemson ain’t beating playoff teams if they are sticking with DJ

How good is Clemson's OL? I saw several NU games, I think Hunter Johnson has the yips. If they can't protect him, he isn't going to be the answer.

Personally, I think this is Dabo's last hurrah at the big time. Great QBs, great WRs, Venerables and the DL were what made that team. They're missing 3/4 of those right now, and maybe they cover the gap at QB in 2023, but I don't see a full roster of future championship WRs or DL banging down their doors. And Venerables ain't coming back.

Advertisement
How good is Clemson's OL? I saw several NU games, I think Hunter Johnson has the yips. If they can't protect him, he isn't going to be the answer.

Personally, I think this is Dabo's last hurrah at the big time. Great QBs, great WRs, Venerables and the DL were what made that team. They're missing 3/4 of those right now, and maybe they cover the gap at QB in 2023, but I don't see a full roster of future championship WRs or DL banging down their doors. And Venerables ain't coming back.
Clemson’s O line has talent and watching them it looks like DJ had brain farts often resulting in sacks. The bottom line is, they have 3 options and if they find one that is above average they will win 10 or more. My issue is I don’t see any making them a playoff team

Advertisement
LCE: Can you please expand on your last statement on "how" "Miami will benefit greatly from it all"? Thanks.
The dollars that Clemson was spending in bags to secure recruits won’t work in the NIL era. In the past Clemson could lock up a proverbial 5 star quarterback with $300K.

I imagine what ICE is saying is that while Clemson might up that to $1M, they are not capable long term of fending off surprise, last minute bids from an A&M, USC, or Miami that doubles or triples the offer.

The dollars that Clemson was spending in bags to secure recruits won’t work in the NIL era. In the past Clemson could lock up a proverbial 5 star quarterback with $300K.

I imagine what ICE is saying is that while Clemson might up that to $1M, they are not capable long term of fending off surprise, last minute bids from an A&M, USC, or Miami that doubles or triples the offer.
To add to this and it wasn’t touched upon by LCE, but I also think that many players don’t care for Dani’s style. In the past under the table money made them tolerate it and eventually they also realized that Clemson was also a high level on the field product. I think right now with Clemson taking a small step back and NIL emerging, it’s a perfect storm of sorts. Remember, runs like Bama has had under Saban arent normal. Programs have ups and downs, I think Clemson will drop off a bit for a while in the next year or two. Nature of the beast.

To add to this and it wasn’t touched upon by LCE, but I also think that many players don’t care for Dani’s style. In the past under the table money made them tolerate it and eventually they also realized that Clemson was also a high level on the field product. I think right now with Clemson taking a small step back and NIL emerging, it’s a perfect storm of sorts. Remember, runs like Bama has had under Saban arent normal. Programs have ups and downs, I think Clemson will drop off a bit for a while in the next year or two. Nature of the beast.
Losing both coordinators is also a big blow.

1654804561643.png

Advertisement
UofL is starting to annoy the **** of out me. I've heard their NIL is sweet but it's year four for Satterfield with not much to show. Let Ray Ray check it out, get him back home, and complete this flip.

Advertisement
Gotta love how the writers of all these programs refuse to mention us as a threat/contender for any prospect they covet
It’s so prevalent this cycle that I’m starting to believe that Mario is doing this on purpose. After re-reading that sentence, holy **** that is some homer rationalization but it seems more reasonable than anything else. We will find out what exactly is going on soon enough. On one end we have an elite recruiter as an HC and internally it looks like we are doing well with prospects but outside we don’t get mentioned all that much. I refuse to believe that it’s a Miami bias. I don’t like to have gator delusions of grandeur that we are some how so important that there is a nation wide conspiracy against us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back