2023 2023 TE Jelani Thurman

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6’5 230lbs 4-star TE out of Fairburn GA, goes to 6A school Langston Hughes

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball

Finished his Junior season with 31rec 479yds & 7TD’s & 61tcks 6TFL’s & 1 sack on Defense.

Big bodied physically gifted TE with great hands snatching the ball out of the air with a wide catch radius & high-points the ball very well displaying his Basketball player wingspan. He plays traditional in-line TE, H-back & Flex-out Flanker, is more of a receiving TE but has the size to be a decent blocker. Has high athletic upside & is a smooth runner with the ball in his hands, physical style route runner who uses his upper body to create separation, isn’t necessarily the crispiest route runner but that can be refined. Potential Redzone threat at the next level. Very good prospect.

UGA legacy, son of former Georgia LB Odell Thurman who played none other than our beloved Pastor Richt. Mom is also a UGA alum & former WNBA 1st round draft pick Kara Braxton who played for the Detroit Shock.

However, UGA currently already has 4-star TE Pearce Spurlin & 4-star TE Lawson Luckie committed to them & has not offered Jelani.

He visited Miami 3 weeks ago for an UV, but Auburn has been recruiting Jelani pretty heavily thus far, they have his teammate 4-star S Terrance Love who just committed to them. The other schools in his top 8 like Clemson, OH ST, Bama, Mich ST, Ole Miss & Tenn have all been after him as well.

Miami being TE U always gives us a chance, we’ll see how this one goes.

Advertisement
My Buckeye connection want this kid bad. Freak athlete and dad is former Buckeye LB. We will see..

Advertisement
Something strange is going on with him and Georgia. UGA took two commitments at TE. Apparently they aren’t even in the discussion as of now.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't look. Both parents went there, so they must just have higher priorities or he wants to do his own thing. I'd imagine he's been there many times in his life already.

Advertisement
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't look. Both parents went there, so they must just have higher priorities or he wants to do his own thing. I'd imagine he's been there many times in his life already.
I have no inside info but it’s weird they took two guys over the hometown legacy. I’d definitely feel some type of way about it if I was in that situation

They probably meant Bengal LB, he was a 2nd round draft pick for the Bengals...

But he’s from Georgia & played his college ball at UGA.
Was a DOG, but couldn’t keep his off the field life straight. He was back at UGA in a strength capacity, but not sure where he’s at now. Usually see the kid taking these trips with his mom, who played in the WNBA

Advertisement

6’5 230lbs 4-star TE out of Fairburn GA, goes to 6A school Langston Hughes

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball

Finished his Junior season with 31rec 479yds & 7TD’s & 61tcks 6TFL’s & 1 sack on Defense.

Big bodied physically gifted TE with great hands snatching the ball out of the air with a wide catch radius & high-points the ball very well displaying his Basketball player wingspan. He plays traditional in-line TE, H-back & Flex-out Flanker, is more of a receiving TE but has the size to be a decent blocker. Has high athletic upside & is a smooth runner with the ball in his hands, physical style route runner who uses his upper body to create separation, isn’t necessarily the crispiest route runner but that can be refined. Potential Redzone threat at the next level. Very good prospect.

UGA legacy, son of former Georgia LB Odell Thurman who played none other than our beloved Pastor Richt. Mom is also a UGA alum & former WNBA 1st round draft pick Kara Braxton who played for the Detroit Shock.

However, UGA currently already has 4-star TE Pearce Spurlin & 4-star TE Lawson Luckie committed to them & has not offered Jelani.

He visited Miami 3 weeks ago for an UV, but Auburn has been recruiting Jelani pretty heavily thus far, they have his teammate 4-star S Terrance Love who just committed to them. The other schools in his top 8 like Clemson, OH ST, Bama, Mich ST, Ole Miss & Tenn have all been after him as well.

Miami being TE U always gives us a chance, we’ll see how this one goes.

Given the circumstances in UGA, I like our chances

Advertisement
I didn’t know that. Thanks for sharing
They were triplets that came out of GA in the early 90s. They all committed to UGA. I remember them from the GA vs FL game from the early 90s too. They were on the GA squad with a very young Hines Ward.

I have no inside info but it’s weird they took two guys over the hometown legacy. I’d definitely feel some type of way about it if I was in that situation

Hartley has the best TE room in the country right now. I doubt anybody is questioning their evaluations and recruiting efforts there

Advertisement
Back