2023 2023 (Reclassified) 5* Desmond Ricks

Oh No Fire GIF

Have we gotten anyone since Ruiz decided to stop stunting on Twitter? Seems like we ran out of money.
if we don't rely solely on a collective, its just not feasible for these guys to continue funding our recruiting.

Advertisement
I think the improvement I notice the most with FSU is they are mentally tougher. They don't quit anymore in games or when things don't go as planned. Their execution ebbs and flows, a start fast team for sure.

I agree. They are really a bad team with limited talent but they fight hard in every game.

I mean tallest midget

They lost a game two weeks ago where the Wolfpack completed 1 single pass in the 2nd half and FSU was up multiple scores at the time of Leary’s injury

They are a bad team. I think every game they play you get the most out them but they are still bad and void of talent imo.

Advertisement
Well, I agree but they need to be in year 3. Otherwise Norvell is cooked if he’s not improved. Both UiF and us in year 1 get a little more leash.
FSU like Kansas got national attention pretty much by not playing any ranked teams. The win against LSU was overrated. FSU is about to go on a huge losing streak now that they have to play good and ranked teams. We taking dat *** in November

Oh No Fire GIF

Have we gotten anyone since Ruiz decided to stop stunting on Twitter? Seems like we ran out of money.
Marcus Lemonis, the Mas brothers, Dan Lambert, the Soffers, Carlos de la Cruz Sr, Orlando Bravo & several others.

Miami’s Business program has a ton of Multi-Millionaire/Billionaire alumni, it’s just a matter of getting them to want to invest in Athletics & that’s where Radako has to show his fundraising skills.

Not to mention, Miami has made a sh*t ton of money in recent years despite the always lingering misnomer that we’re the little sisters of the poor & can’t afford to run a modern style program & have to penny pinch at every turn.

The issue is invigorating boosters to want to spend money in the program & put together NIL collectives & the best way to do that is produce a product on the field that shows potential on a return of investment. Wealthy people don’t mind spending money, but they hate wasting money & showing them a .500 Football team that looks pedestrian at best doesn’t convince them that they wouldn’t be wasting money.

It’s why the coaches have to pull their heads out of their asses & start producing a winning team or else they’ll be stuck blaming the players like the last regime & won’t have anyone investing in their mediocrity except for their loyal Cult worshippers & slurpers. If behooves their recruiting prowess to win on the field, especially in this new era where the money is on the table now.

Marcus Lemonis, the Mas brothers, Dan Lambert, the Soffers, Carlos de la Cruz Sr, Orlando Bravo & several others.

Miami’s Business program has a ton of Multi-Millionaire/Billionaire alumni, it’s just a matter of getting them to want to invest in Athletics & that’s where Radako has to show his fundraising skills.

Not to mention, Miami has made a sh*t ton of money in recent years despite the always lingering misnomer that we’re the little sisters of the poor & can’t afford to run a modern style program & have to penny pinch at every turn.

The issue is invigorating boosters to want to spend money in the program & put together NIL collectives & the best way to do that is produce a product on the field that shows potential on a return of investment. Wealthy people don’t mind spending money, but they hate wasting money & showing them a .500 Football team that looks pedestrian at best doesn’t convince them that they wouldn’t be wasting money.

It’s why the coaches have to pull their heads out of their asses & start producing a winning team or else they’ll be stuck blaming the players like the last regime & won’t have anyone investing in their mediocrity except for their loyal Cult worshippers & slurpers. If behooves their recruiting prowess to win on the field, especially in this new era where the money is on the table now.
That's the point I don't think Miami has convinced the aforementioned that they will have good ROI. The money is out there but the product doesn't seem to be influencing new spending. I'm not going to pretend like I know who's spending what, that's just my perception. Think Mario needs to win games for NIL more than players. The days of I just like the coaches are few and far in between.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mean tallest midget

They lost a game two weeks ago where the Wolfpack completed 1 single pass in the 2nd half and FSU was up multiple scores at the time of Leary’s injury

While not incorrect, your post doesn't tell the whole story.

They did complete one pass in the 2nd half, after about the 5 minute mark in the 3rd quarter when the backup came in.

However, it was thrown by a wide receiver, and was caught by the quarterback, who was immediately tackled for a 5 yard loss. Even more hilarious.

Leary left the game with the ball on the NC State side of the 50, down 17-10, with about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. The backup QB went 0/1 passing the rest of the way, and NC State won the game 19-17 LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You can sell Oregon turn around under Mario, regardless how you feel or your opinion. The big money people still believe in Mario, and they should.

Mario did a good job out there, and that team looks good this season, especially in the LOS.

Yeah. Idk what we could possibly do about the atmosphere as is. Even at our peak attendance was an issue. There are a lot of smart people on the job who think about the answer to that question everyday.. we’ll see what comes of it
Build a smaller stadium with a dope design and you will improve the atmosphere. We just have to be honest with ourselves: UM can’t consistently sell out a stadium that’s more than 50k.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mean tallest midget

Our board would have been on fire if this happened.

Build a smaller stadium with a dope design and you will improve the atmosphere. We just have to be honest without ourselves: UM can’t consistently sell out a stadium that’s more than 50k.

You think there's 50K in the seats for more than 1-2 games a year? We couldn't sell out a 35K stadium consistently. It is what it is and it's always going to be this way. It's a private school with a small undergrad enrollment, the majority of which come from out of state and have very little interest in being bussed to a stadium 30 mins away to attend a football game. If we could build a stadium on campus, which obviously has a literal 0% chance of happening, then maybe more of the kids would just walk over and go. But it's still a very small number. However, that's not a possibility, so we'll continue to do what we've been doing. The school is very happy with the partnership/lease with HRS. They have no desire to break it, even if they could, which they can't.

Win some football games. That's the answer. Don't go 0 for eternity in the redzone against A&M, actually beat MTSU, and you'd have had 60K in there for UNC. When the team loses, people find something better to do with their time. In many, many other college cities around the country, that's not much of an option.

You think there's 50K in the seats for more than 1-2 games a year? We couldn't sell out a 35K stadium consistently. It is what it is and it's always going to be this way. It's a private school with a small undergrad enrollment, the majority of which come from out of state and have very little interest in being bussed to a stadium 30 mins away to attend a football game. If we could build a stadium on campus, which obviously has a literal 0% chance of happening, then maybe more of the kids would just walk over and go. But it's still a very small number. However, that's not a possibility, so we'll continue to do what we've been doing. The school is very happy with the partnership/lease with HRS. They have no desire to break it, even if they could, which they can't.

Win some football games. That's the answer. Don't go 0 for eternity in the redzone against A&M, actually beat MTSU, and you'd have had 60K in there for UNC. When the team loses, people find something better to do with their time. In many, many other college cities around the country, that's not much of an option.
All good points. I think 50k is the perfect amount, however, because you have the ability to maintain a hostile environment. Even if we only get 35k, that doesn’t look nearly as bad when the capacity is 50k vs 70k.

Advertisement
All good points. I think 50k is the perfect amount, however, because you have the ability to maintain a hostile environment. Even if we only get 35k, that doesn’t look nearly as bad when the capacity is 50k vs 70k.

Oh, no doubt. I probably didn't explain myself correctly. I would never advocate having a 35K seat stadium, it'd be a joke if we ever had some marquee games against FSU, ND, UF, etc. I was just saying, even 50K wouldn't sell out regularly. I don't care what the attendance announcement is, for the past 15 years, the vast, vast, vast majority of games have had *MAYBE* 30-35K asses in seats.

Brah… I love Canes football and it was rough trying to make it to the OB on Saturday afternoon after partying Friday night. Remember making it to FSU in 2000, and I thought I was going to die out there.

Rad isn’t here to fundraise for NIL. He’s here to oversee football and raise funds to upgrade the facilities. It’ll be up to these rich guys to get each other on board. And as you said in your last point, that will start with the coaches putting a good product on the field.

You can sell Oregon turn around under Mario, regardless how you feel or your opinion. The big money people still believe in Mario, and they should.

Mario did a good job out there, and that team looks good this season, especially in the LOS.
Recruiting & NIL will tell the story.

Advertisement
Back