2023 2023 (Reclassified) 5* Desmond Ricks

Yeah. Idk what we could possibly do about the atmosphere as is. Even at our peak attendance was an issue. There are a lot of smart people on the job who think about the answer to that question everyday.. we’ll see what comes of it
Give away 10k free tickets every week other than marquee games to every youth football team in FL.

Advertisement
Yeah. Idk what we could possibly do about the atmosphere as is. Even at our peak attendance was an issue. There are a lot of smart people on the job who think about the answer to that question everyday.. we’ll see what comes of it
we will never be this rabid sports town that look forward to football every Saturday and Sunday. we just have to accept that well never be that.

Give away 10k free tickets every week other than marquee games to every youth football team in FL.
or dont raise prices bc you spent money on a coach. I believe they dint get the season ticket numbers they were hoping for when we hired Mario

or dont raise prices bc you spent money on a coach. I believe they dint get the season ticket numbers they were hoping for when we hired Mario
Maybe the Gaytor was on to something when they cut that deal with Costco for tickets lol.

I was thinking similarly, I think part of the athletic department budget (and something I would personally donate weekly to) should go to flooding local schools and organizations with tickets. Every principal's office, YMCA, YWCA, big brothers/big sisters etc in a X mile radius should get 10 tickets or whatever to send kids under whatever circumstances they want every week. Until people that live in driving distance prove they will fill up the seats and start complaining, **** em, donate the opportunity to someone that can't afford it, or relies on a non family mentor, or just maintains good grades.

Advertisement
Maybe the Gaytor was on to something when they cut that deal with Costco for tickets lol.
a ton of teams do that. its so smart and easy window shopping. the gift cards for most chains that they offer are pretty good too. think about it, youre walking by w your kid who sees UM ticket package thats cheaper than going through the ticket office, they get their kid begging them to take them.

a ton of teams do that. its so smart and easy window shopping. the gift cards for most chains that they offer are pretty good too. think about it, youre walking by w your kid who sees UM ticket package thats cheaper than going through the ticket office, they get their kid begging them to take them.
I know. I was half joking, and half taking a shot at our ticket office for being brain dead and behind the times. I will say that the product on the field coupled with the parking and traffic flow makes for an almost unbearable experience, but you gotta do something to try to coax people to put their butts in the seats.

Advertisement
Florida is like wow for sure.. but fsu.. to me looks much improved.
I think the improvement I notice the most with FSU is they are mentally tougher. They don't quit anymore in games or when things don't go as planned. Their execution ebbs and flows, a start fast team for sure.

I was thinking similarly, I think part of the athletic department budget (and something I would personally donate weekly to) should go to flooding local schools and organizations with tickets. Every principal's office, YMCA, YWCA, big brothers/big sisters etc in a X mile radius should get 10 tickets or whatever to send kids under whatever circumstances they want every week. Until people that live in driving distance prove they will fill up the seats and start complaining, **** em, donate the opportunity to someone that can't afford it, or relies on a non family mentor, or just maintains good grades.

there's a lot of merit in this as part of a marketing strategy, .... IF it is done correctly.

given the amenities at the stadium, and the experience you can provide, (parking and traffic flow excepted), giving a ticket to a family that can't afford to go would be like giving them a day pass to disney world. Again, if you do it the right way that builds goodwill and creates scarcity without diluting the product and brand

Advertisement
Somebody please make it all make sense. I thought Mario was going to be a guy who could recruit no matter what. And with a significantly enhanced budget for recruiting and NIL. Now there are kids looking for any reason to not go to UM? Maybe this is just in-season stuff that will be cleaned up after the season is over but in all honestly how is this any different from the last 5 coaches?

Advertisement
must have seen an older article then

February:
1666215232486.png

August:
1666215310253.png

Capacity is less than 65K. We went from 30K to 35K season ticket holders. Can you tell us what you think the season ticket capacity is "supposed to be", given the number of tickets we have to set aside for our opponents, our students, our band, and our single-game tickets?

Advertisement
Back