2023 2023 (Reclassified) 5* Desmond Ricks

He keeps doing it and not learning like Ed did. That’s my issue and I love him as a player. He’d rather take a shot at a pick and give up a Td than play his assignment. At some point the coaches have to say “ play your assignment or we have to sit you“.

Ya I'm a Kinchens fan...But honestly it should have happened during UNC coming off of MTSU same thing.

Advertisement
The game I mentioned was game 3 of Ed's sophomore year.... They're literally at almost identical points in their careers. The kid is smart and will learn.

AND he picked off a pass later in the same game on the exact same play called... He's learning on the **** field.
Once again he’s not learning if he keeps doing it. Thats the point. He’s a sophomore but has played a bunch of snaps at this point in his career. He’s too good and smart for that.

It’s a fair critique.

Last edited:
Once again he’s not learning if he keeps doing it. Thats the point. He’s a sophomore but has played a bunch of snaps at this point in his career. He’s too good and smart for that.

It’s a fair critique.
For sure a fair critique but he’s also our best tackler in the secondary

Advertisement
Bro there is no beat deep for the CB in cover 2 lol he’s not supposed to run with the vert LOL
This is not true actually. Cover 2 is a call for the safety. It doesn't specify the CBs job.

CB could play man on the boundary in cover 2, or he could be playing zone in the flats.

By the sound of all the comments, the CB was playing Zone.

But my comment is just highlighting that it is possible to have the CB in man, and the safety in cover 2.

Advertisement
Yikes. Had no idea about Butch’s house, that sucks.
He almost didn't go to the 1987 reunion. Like an idiot...I waited till the last second to book a room at Gables Inn...but there was no vacancies...so I ended up at the Rodeway Inn 4 miles from Campus. Then I had to deal with the Douchebag Rent a Cops at Watsco Center trying to get in. Thank God for Soldinger, who intervened, and I was allowed in. Butch showed up a 1/2 hr later. I pretty much just hung out with Kehoe, who had me laughing till I was in tears...

Advertisement
Bro there is no beat deep for the CB in cover 2 lol he’s not supposed to run with the vert LOL
I agree - in cover 2.

But if you play man with deep safety help over the top, so you are purposefully positioning yourself underneath then it’s still bad by the Cb to get beat even if the safety should have been there to eliminate the play. That was my point.

When someone says “help over the top” that does not imply that the Cb had no business guarding that WR at all. If it’s cover 2, it isn’t help over the top lol. Help over the top is you are guarding a player AND you have safety help vertically.

Advertisement
I agree - in cover 2.

But if you play man with deep safety help over the top, so you are purposefully positioning yourself underneath then it’s still bad by the Cb to get beat even if the safety should have been there to eliminate the play. That was my point.

When someone says “help over the top” that does not imply that the Cb had no business guarding that WR at all. If it’s cover 2, it isn’t help over the top lol. Help over the top is you are guarding a player AND you have safety help vertically.
If it’s man the CB wouldn’t not run with the Vert dude this is pee wee football level stuff

This is not true actually. Cover 2 is a call for the safety. It doesn't specify the CBs job.

CB could play man on the boundary in cover 2, or he could be playing zone in the flats.

By the sound of all the comments, the CB was playing Zone.

But my comment is just highlighting that it is possible to have the CB in man, and the safety in cover 2.
I mean if that’s what u want to believe then the CB is always wrong. But in actuality Kam is wrong he didn’t get deep he played the dig which is the rookie mistake

So Desmond Ricks...
Miss the LCE eval days.
don't leave me puppy GIF

Advertisement
Back