2023 2023 (Reclassified) 5* Desmond Ricks

”Expect”? No, he was supposed to have inside , deep help and that’s why he aligned the way he did. “ The safety left his coverage to jump the dig. “Deeper than the deepest“. On top of that he did it knowing there was a true TF getting his first pt. It would be one thing if that only happened once but it keeps happening. Leaving your coverage deep to jump shallow routes that has defenders will bite you most times.
It’s been happening since Southern Miss and as smart as Kam is it’s befuddling to me why he keeps leaving his responsibility.

OC’s have been scheming and throwing out that eye candy that he keeps falling for it.

Advertisement
”Expect”? No, he was supposed to have inside , deep help and that’s why he aligned the way he did. “ The safety left his coverage to jump the dig. “Deeper than the deepest“. On top of that he did it knowing there was a true TF getting his first pt. It would be one thing if that only happened once but it keeps happening. Leaving your coverage deep to jump shallow routes that has defenders will bite you most times.

Situational awareness has plagued this team for years

From a TF maybe it's a bad mistake. From an experienced player it's just plain selfish.

It’s been happening since Southern Miss and as smart as Kam is it’s befuddling to me why he keeps leaving his responsibility.

OC’s have been scheming and throwing out that eye candy that he keeps falling for it.
Ed Reed did it his sophomore year in a huge game vs Penn St….

Kam is an absolute stud and will learn from it. He’ll only get better

I mean the answer is pretty evident. He’s so smart he’s jumping everything. Problem is, kid, OC’s are smarter than you are.

Advertisement
Ed Reed did it his sophomore year in a huge game vs Penn St….

Kam is an absolute stud and will learn from it. He’ll only get better
He keeps doing it and not learning like Ed did. That’s my issue and I love him as a player. He’d rather take a shot at a pick and give up a Td than play his assignment. At some point the coaches have to say “ play your assignment or we have to sit you“.

With ed reed on the sidelines hard to fathom he isn’t giving in game advice on that. I mean he doesn’t need an ALL22 to see that a guy playing his old position keeps fugging up

Advertisement
Fool me once, shame on.......you.

Fool me......you can't get fooled again.
will ferrell shoe me once GIF by Saturday Night Live

The time that he needs to sit is the next time it happens. He'll be approaching half a dozen TD's on his watch with another one. I'd sit him to start thos game if it was me in charge. The really bad part of it, he wouldn't have even made it to the play if that's where the ball went. Sure, to make a tackle, but an interception, not likely.

Advertisement
...and all that can be true and the CB can still not get burnt deep. Thats my point - it wasn't a good play by the CB either. Its not like every time a CB has that responsibility they are getting severely beat or not in a position to make a play deep - regardless if they were expecting safety help over the top.

Advertisement
He keeps doing it and not learning like Ed did. That’s my issue and I love him as a player. He’d rather take a shot at a pick and give up a Td than play his assignment. At some point the coaches have to say “ play your assignment or we have to sit you“.
The game I mentioned was game 3 of Ed's sophomore year.... They're literally at almost identical points in their careers. The kid is smart and will learn.

AND he picked off a pass later in the same game on the exact same play called... He's learning on the **** field.

U can’t argue with people that don’t know actual football basics and concepts lol. Don’t waste ur time Crib. Cover 2 is simple. Saftey is wrong if he jumps a dog lol that’s frosh year high school level coahcing

...and all that can be true and the CB can still not get burnt deep. Thats my point - it wasn't a good play by the CB either. Its not like every time a CB has that responsibility they are getting severely beat or not in a position to make a play deep - regardless if they were expecting safety help over the top.
Bro there is no beat deep for the CB in cover 2 lol he’s not supposed to run with the vert LOL

Advertisement
Back