2023 2023 RB Kalib Hicks receives offer

Advertisement
I think Hicks and the NC back Smothers are both crazy underrated

I wasn't quite as impressed with the back from the NW they "offered"...Linmar I think is his name.

Hicks has basically everything you want except top end speed...It's not terrible, but it just doesn't look there... But he will carry 210 with excellent vision and cutting ability.
Jayden Limar from Lake Stevens Washington.

He’s favorited to sign with UW or Oregon right now.

Advertisement

5’11 195lbs 3-star RB out of Denton TX, goes to 5A school Ryan

Had a phenomenal Junior year with 1,448yds 18TD’s at 6.7ypc.

Also a track athlete that ran in 4x200 relays & had a 11.64 in the 100m his sophomore year.

Is a shifty jump-cut runner with great accelerating burst in the open field. Has an extra gear with good breakaway speed & has great agility with his change of direction, being able to cut on dime without downshifting. Displays very good running vision finding open lanes & runs with very good balance with his ability to break tackles.

He runs a lot like Abram Smith from Baylor, big back with good speed to power combo.

Plays with 5-star LB Anthony Hill who we just offered, playing at Ryan HS that produces great talent every class:

- 2022 4-star CB Austin Jordan; signed with Texas
- 2021 4-star TE Ja’Tavion Sanders; signed with Texas
- 2021 4-star CB Billy Bowman; signed with Oklahoma
- 2021 3-star QB Seth Henigan; signed with Memphis
- 2021 3-star S Ty Marsh; signed with Hawaii
- 2020 5-star LB Drew Sanders; signed with Bama (transferred to Arkansas)
- 2020 3-star RB Emani Bailey; signed with ULL (transferred to TCU)
- 2018 4-star QB Spencer Sanders; signed with OK ST
- 2018 3-star WR Tauskie Dove; signed with Mizzou
- 2018 3-star CB Jordan Rucker; signed with Purdue

Plays for the top tier Team Flex 7v7 out of the DFW area.

Holds offers from Baylor, TCU, Ole Miss (Kevin Smith offered him), Wisconsin, Mizzou, Wash ST, TTech, Arizona, Colorado, SMU, San Diego ST, Kansas, Houston, UTSA & North Texas.

Kinda reminds me of Portis.

We’re taking two RB’s this class & the staff has to always do their due diligence.

This offer has no bearing on where they stand with Young, Fletcher or any other RB locally.

It’s simply crossing every t & dotting every i; you have to establish relationships early so that when Dec-Feb crootin’ season comes kids can’t say, “I haven’t heard from Miami in like 6 months”, always good to recruit every prospect on your board & let the chips fall where they may.

Plus, Miami is going to load up on RB’s for the future.

EXACTLY.

Make your board on YOUR evaluations and recruit them hard til signing day. No more of this getting left holding our ****s because we had tunnel vision.

I love this kids forward looking running style. Very good vision and one cut running style. Will easily be a 205 lb rb with college training. Lots of teams will be traveling to Denton.

Advertisement
We’re taking two RB’s this class & the staff has to always do their due diligence.

This offer has no bearing on where they stand with Young, Fletcher or any other RB locally.

It’s simply crossing every t & dotting every i; you have to establish relationships early so that when Dec-Feb crootin’ season comes kids can’t say, “I haven’t heard from Miami in like 6 months”, always good to recruit every prospect on your board & let the chips fall where they may.

Plus, Miami is going to load up on RB’s for the future.
I would be very curious where he ranks on our RB board. Great prospect. 3 star my @ss

Oklahoma is after a bunch of different RB’s, but right now are in a good spot for Dylan Edwards & Daylan Smothers, although FSU is also after Smothers & might lead in his recruitment. Texas kinda screwed up they’re RB recruiting by taking Tre Wisner because he was considered a heavy Oklahoma lean before UT got him, but funny enough UT taking Wisner opened the door for TAMU with Rueben Owens lol

TCU had Rashaad Samples as their RB’s coach on this new staff but then he got hired by the Rams. But they did replace him with another good RB’s coach in Anthony Jones Jr who was at Memphis for 5 years & got a bunch of RB’s drafted during his tenure there. They’re after Kaleb Jackson, Marquise Collins, Cameron Cook, John Randle Jr & number of other RB’s, they managed to even secure an OV with Owens (even though we know he ain’t going there lol), but point is they don’t really have a lot of traction thus far in the RB market as of yet. Meaning they’ll get one it’s just kinda up in the air as to who exactly.

Arkansas is interesting because they’re a versatile run heavy offense & use multiple backs. They apparently lead for Javin Simpkins from Norland & are after a number of other RB’s because they’re most likely taking two this class.

So it all comes down to how much we’re pushing to take him as the 2nd back in this class & whether or not the other 3 are recruiting him as their primary guy, which I’m not sure if they are, but it’s a matter of what selling point is most appealing.

If Ark or Oklahoma view him as a primary target it would be hard to turn them down & TCU is just about an hour away from where he’s from so maybe the hometown appeal is there. But depending on if we’re actually trying to get him I like our chances in this recruitment if we can take it the distance.

Gotta get him down for some visits if we’re zeroing in on him being the 2nd back this class, but we’ll see.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back