2023 2023 QB Eli Holstein

Advertisement
Advertisement

Decommitted from A&M. I know we have been after this kid. Might become our high priority target.

What's the down low on this kid? @Liberty City El @SouthParkCane

High ranked Louisiana kid, very accurate passer, isn’t necessarily a gunslinger or have a cannon but can make every throw & plays with very good IQ in the pocket & downfield awareness. He’s what some would call a “perfect QB”, meaning he does everything textbook the right way, not an improvisational Mahomesian type, rarely will you see an off-platform throw from him, but he’s a consummate protect the ball smart QB.

Had a really good Junior season with 3,264yds 30TD’s 6INT’s at 65% passing, plus 523yds rushing & 14TD’s, while leading his team to an undefeated State championship in 5A ball.

I would expect LSU & Bama to be after him the hardest...

I actually hope Bama makes him their top target so we can get Rashada.

High ranked Louisiana kid, very accurate passer, isn’t necessarily a gunslinger or have a cannon but can make every throw & plays with very good IQ in the pocket & downfield awareness. He’s what some would call a “perfect QB”, meaning he does everything textbook the right way, not an improvisational Mahomesian type, rarely will you see an off-platform throw from him, but he’s a consummate protect the ball smart QB.

Had a really good Junior season with 3,264yds 30TD’s 6INT’s at 65% passing, plus 523yds rushing & 14TD’s, while leading his team to an undefeated State championship in 5A ball.

All in on that last sentence.

Advertisement

So... heady possession receiver?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting ….

Good thing about QBs, especially the better ones, the dominoes start to fall quick. I don’t know anything about this kid though.

@htownkidd Check it out. I'm a huge fan of Eli Holstein. He has great size 6'3" 225, great arm(not a canon but can make any throw), accuracy, field vision, footwork, poise, pocket presence, mobility and the ability to extend the play. He's tough and athletic with the ability to pull the ball and rip you for 10-15 yards but that isn't the focus of his game. Holstein is first and foremost a pocket passer and a fantastic P5 prospect. He actually reminds me of TVD a bit. Lastly he doesn't turn the ball over. I would be ecstatic if we got a commitment.

Kid looks good, I’d take him happily. Could have a stronger arm but it looks good enough considering the other qualities.

Kid looks good, I’d take him happily. Could have a stronger arm but it looks good enough considering the other qualities.
I'm a huge fan of this kid! The arm isn't a rocket launcher but it doesn't need to be. He can more than make any throw and it's not a weak arm by any measure. I just love this kids qualities and I see something that could be special. My favorite QB of the 2023 cycle.

Advertisement
Back