2023 2023 EDGE Braylan Shelby receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6’4 235lbs 3/4-star EDGE out of South Houston, goes to 5A school Friendswood

Had a great Junior season with 77tcks 12TFL’s 8sacks 5PBU’s 4FF’s & 1INT

Is a big physically gifted kid with long arm Basketball player wingspan & quick first step as a rusher. Has naturally strong physical frame with a college level physique already. He plays with good speed & is an aggressive tackler. He does a really good job in setting the edge on the backside in run contain & is a quick-twitch versatile rusher with high athletic upside. Plays as a Standup Sam Backer & is more of a scheme fit as a 3-4 OLB/Jack rusher, but has the ability to play as a 4-3 hand in the dirt DE. Also does very well dropping back as LB in his assignment coverages in Zone covering the flats.

Overall high upside explosiveness; reminds me of Tyus Bowser

Texas, USC, Tennessee & Baylor have been recruiting him the most thus far, with Texas & USC being the early the favorites right now. He already has 2 Summer OV’s set up for Texas & USC thus far, but the expectation is that Tenn & Baylor will also get OV’s this Summer as well. Miami will have an uphill battle to break into this recruitment.

Offers:

Texas, USC, Tenn, Baylor, OK ST, TCU, Utah, FSU, Auburn, Penn ST, BC, AZ ST, Indiana, Kansas, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, Purdue, Cal, Colorado, Duke, Vandy, SMU, Houston, UTSA, Tulane, ULM, North Texas & Rice

Advertisement
I can only speak to the frame. Seen him come through the Natatorium a few times (my oldest swims at Friendswood Natatorium) and he’s BIG. He looks like he could be a year one contributor physically. Similar frame, size to Micah Parsons.

Definitely worth taking in some HS games this fall.

Big Mouth Eyebrows GIF by NETFLIX

Advertisement
****, this kid is freaky athletic. His skillset can wreck an offensive game plan. Good size, length, speed, agility, and twitch. A good DC can come up with many different ways to use him to create negative plays. His best days are ahead of him. His versatility is impressive, especially what he's doing off the edge and dropping back into coverage.

Advertisement
Finally watch the film.

Kid is legitimately playing OLB...Dropping into coverages, etc.

Im 100 percent SOLD. I was sold off of the frame alone...but this kid appears to be a guy that will be an all conference type down the road. Pairing him with a Nyjallik Kelly/ C. Moss will be down right scary.

He should be a full priority and if Texas isnt all in...we gotta beat out USC here. Im afraid a Bama may come along down the road because he fits their scheme perfectly too

Finally watch the film.

Kid is legitimately playing OLB...Dropping into coverages, etc.

Im 100 percent SOLD. I was sold off of the frame alone...but this kid appears to be a guy that will be an all conference type down the road. Pairing him with a Nyjallik Kelly/ C. Moss will be down right scary.

He should be a full priority and if Texas isnt all in...we gotta beat out USC here. Im afraid a Bama may come along down the road because he fits their scheme perfectly too

All that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Top 7.

Dont have to worry about Auburn, Florida, or Poverty St
Texas & USC are the top 2 right now.

He OV’d to USC last week & is at Texas this weekend, he also OV’d to TAMU but I don’t think they’re a legit threat.

He’s got 2 OV’s left, LSU might get one of’em, hopefully we can keep chipping away & get a visit during the season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back