2023 DB Ted Gilmore | You Need To See This

Advertisement
Advertisement
He has zero offers and stars because he's the smallest guy on the field on every play. Heck of a player, great instincts, but he needs to grow before he gets a D1 offer. Just the nature of the beast.

Advertisement
He's a dawg period. IDC his size.

Agree on being a player. Unfortunately for him, size does matter and his lack of offers reflect that. People on here were clowning the FSU running back who looks bigger than this kid.

He has game and will play somewhere, just not D1 at that size.

Agree on being a player. Unfortunately for him, size does matter and his lack of offers reflect that. People on here were clowning the FSU running back who looks bigger than this kid.

Would you take Lamarcus Joyner if he was in HS again?

Would you take Lamarcus Joyner if he was in HS again?

I don't know, didn't follow his recruitment at all.

You do realize that kid isn't much over five feet, right?

There's all kinds of undersized players that ball out in high school but never get a shot at D1 due to their size. Again, no disrespect to that kid, he's a player, but he's as outstanding as he is small.

This is his sophmore tape lol.....of course he looks small

Advertisement
I don't know, didn't follow his recruitment at all.

You do realize that kid isn't much over five feet, right?

There's all kinds of undersized players that ball out in high school but never get a shot at D1 due to their size. Again, no disrespect to that kid, he's a player, but he's as outstanding as he is small.
He's 5-8 165

Advertisement
I aint saying he's going to be him but I'll be damned if this kid doesn't remind me of Rohan Marley, undersized but aggressive, super hard nosed and relentless. If he sprouts the offers will rain.

He has zero offers and stars because he's the smallest guy on the field on every play. Heck of a player, great instincts, but he needs to grow before he gets a D1 offer. Just the nature of the beast.
Trumaine Washington was a 2* corner out of Killian that was 5'7 on a good day, Louisville took a chance on him & he was one of the best corners in the ACC while he was there.

Shawun Lurry was a 5'6 DB from Dwyer that flew under the radar because of his size despite being the best player on the state title winning team, went to Northern Illinois & led the nation with 9 picks as a sophomore.

Amik Robertson was a 5'7 corner out of Louisiana Tech that led the nation in forced incompletion % in 2019 according to PFF & was drafted by the Raiders in the 4th round last April.

Brent Grimes played 12 years in the NFL & made $60 million at 5'9. Tim Jennings played 10 seasons in the NFL at 5'8. The only time size really matters is in jump ball situations on the goal line, and even that can be counteracted with positioning & technique.

Advertisement
Back