2023 College Baseball Season Thread

HurricanePhilly

Recruit
Kind of like the bball board we can just keep all non Cane games in here. Obviously of the big three this will get the least interest. But maybe if anyone catches a big game, any potential JUCO guys we are on or **** even our high school guys or your own family if you have a star coming up.. Post info. JUCO's have already had games and I know D2's and NAIA are kicking off this week. Will be kind of quiet for another week or two at least there is one central location to talk 2023 baseball

One thing to kick it off. He was interested in Miami but didnt feel they were as high on them and from the baseball side it was very minimal interest. Ole Miss is still pretty loaded but he is going to make a case to play everyday (and he prefers baseball over football from what people said in high school) but knows football could be what makes him the most money in the long run

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yup, from Pembroke Pines. Went to Champagnat and got drafted out of high school in the 18th round.
I heard of him years ago as a kid to watch...and then he fell of my radar. I think I never expected him to progress from both sides like that. But I saw video of him recently and he can legit work from the R and L side.

I heard of him years ago as a kid to watch...and then he fell of my radar. I think I never expected him to progress from both sides like that. But I saw video of him recently and he can legit work from the R and L side.
What happens if he injures one arm, but can throw the next day with the other? Do you redshirt or IL one arm and leave the other eligible? Do you get two salaries and two contracts from pro teams? 🤔

Advertisement
What happens if he injures one arm, but can throw the next day with the other? Do you redshirt or IL one arm and leave the other eligible? Do you get two salaries and two contracts from pro teams? 🤔
Boras will ensure he enters draft cycle as two different players. Two teams, two contracts, two signing bonuses. 😅

Well I was hopeful this would be a place to track other Acc teams. A lot of big numbers put up by other top 25 teams. A few teams slipping up though in the Acc like UNc and Vtech.

#3 Stanford drops their opener 8-1 against Fullerton. By my count seven ranked teams in the Coaches Poll dropped their openers (including well…you know).

Advertisement
Vols trail Grand Canyon heading to the 9th and Fullerton-Stanford is tied in the 8th

Tennessee’s record last year was crazy. They just played such high level ball in basically all three phases all regular season or when one area struggled another area picked them up. (Only score 2 runs but staff throws a shut out or staff give up 8 so they score 12)

This year they’ve already had 2 losses where they got let down by 2 phases. Such a great game. It will humble the best quickly.

Advertisement
I hate what’s happened to the Big West in recent years. I miss schools like Fullerton and Long Beach being consistently good.
No kidding. The ACC has become the best (and only?) hope to keep the SEC from winning the CWS every year.

Pitt dropped their opening series to Maine and Notre Dame dropped theirs to Lipscomb.

St Joe’s beat Duke today in extras.

Texas dropped all three this weekend to various SEC teams.

Fullerton is up 6-4 on Stanford in the 5th innning of the rubber game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back