2023 2023 Class - Top Targets - Defense

I dont know if this is a "wish list" or what but this is the type of class that gets you to the CFP in 2 years tops. Bama and UGA pull these types of classes on a yearly basis and thats why they are always in the mix. Mario knows what it looks like. **** glad to have him.
It’s definitely a best case scenario class but I think it’s pretty realistic. We might not land every big name listed but there will also be other names emerge as time progresses. Like I said I think we get 5-6 5* recruits this cycle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
3/23 - Updated OP

Again it's amazing to watch this staff and Mario recruit

DE - Bain has got to be close to pulling the trigger. After that, the board is wide open. The MD, DC, VA targets seem to be high for the staff. With Jason Taylor and Rod Wright now on staff, the next month or two should pick up for DE recruiting

DT - Leblanc may be a UF lean, behind that, again, the board seems wide open. Mario bringing in some big SEC territory targets so far this spring

LB - Malik Bryant would be a huge get. Gotta get Anthony Hill on campus. Those 2 guys sound like top targets with Aguirre, Washington, Clark, and Hanafin as that second tier

CB - Cormani the top target, not sure where we stand after that. Maybe Damari Brown and Dijon Johnson. Sounds like Addae is really trying to get Kaylin Lee down to campus

S - Not sure what the board looks like. Maybe ***an and Mack at the top?

3/23 - Updated OP

DE - Bain has got to be close to pulling the trigger. After that, the board is wide open. The MD, DC, VA targets seem to be high for the staff. With Jason Taylor and Rod Wright now on staff, the next month or two should pick up for DE recruiting

DT - Leblanc may be a UF lean, behind that, again, the board seems wide open. Mario bringing in some big SEC territory targets so far this spring

LB - Malik Bryant would be a huge get. Gotta get Anthony Hill on campus. Those 2 guys sound like top targets with Aguirre, Washington, Clark, and Hanafin as that second tier

CB - Cormani the top target, not sure where we stand after that. Maybe Damari Brown and Dijon Johnson. Sounds like Addae is really trying to get Kaylin Lee down to campus

Starting to feel really good about how this LB class is gonna end up. I think we will get Malik. If we could pull both him and Hill to come in with Wes now it would be a complete 180. Pull those two and fill the third spot with a local guy like Stanquan or Washington and we’re set!!

3/23 - Updated OP

Good post. This is exactly where my head is at right now in terms of the squad and building for the future. Do you think we have any chance at Harbour?

Advertisement
3/23 - Updated OP

David Hicks or Jayden Wayne at D end gotta be in the top group with Bain

Aguirre is a Cane lock. I listened to his interview on Miami Flo last week, i never heard a bigger Cane homer. So thats one LB. Not sure how many we take.

You get Aguirre and Bryant on board early and we are playing with house money with Hill.

You have to think we are in it until the very end with guys like Hicks, Wayne and Harbor. Im talking top 5, hat on table stuff. Cant ask for any better than that.

CB is a tough read after Cormani.

I like Daemon ***an from AH but the board is split on him. We dont need a "ready to play right now" safety in this class. Give him a few years to develop and I think we will have something to work with once Tae, JW, Kam and Balom move on.

Advertisement
DE: 3
  1. Reuben Bain (Visits - 1/21, 3/10, 3/22, 3/23, 3/24, 4/9, 6/8)
  • Jayden Wayne (Visits - 1/21, 6/17)
  • Jaxon Howard (Visits - 6/24)
  • Nyckoles Harbor
  • Collins Acheampong (Visits - 6/24)
  • Damon Wilson (Visits - 4/2)
  • Gavin Hill (Visits - 1/21)
  • Kerrington Lee (Visits - 1/21)
  • Jaquavious Russaw (Visits - 3/22)
  • Bai Jobe (Visits - 6/10)

DT: 3
  1. Derrick Leblanc (Visits - 1/21, 4/19, 5/22)
  • David Hicks (Visits - 3/7, 6/10)
  • John Walker (Visits - 1/21, 5/22, 6/17)
  • Sydir Mitchell (Visits - 4/12, 6/10)
  • Darron Reed (Visits - 4/12, 6/17)
  • James Smith (Visits - 3/22)
  • Ashton Porter (Visits - 4/16)

LB: 3
  1. Malik Bryant (Visits - 1/21, 4/5, 6/24)
  2. Raul Aguirre (Visits - 1/21, 4/22, 6/17)
  3. Bobby Washington COMMIT
  • Tony Rojas (Visits - 4/12, 6/15)
  • Anthony Hill (Visits - 4/17)
  • Ta'Mere Robinson (Visits - 6/3)
  • Staquan Clark (Visits - 1/21)
  • Ronan Hanafin (Visits - 3/24)
  • Jordan Hall (Visits - 1/21)
  • Lewis Carter
  • Michael Harris
  • Andrew Harris

CB: 2-3
  1. Cormani McClain (Visits - 1/21)
  2. Damari Brown (Visits - 1/21, 4/15, 5/25)
  • Robert Stafford (Visits - 4/2, 6/21)
  • Kayin Lee (Visits - 5/21)
  • Daniel Harris (Visits - 1/21)
  • Ja'Keem Jackson (Visits - 5/22)
  • Antonio Robinson (Visits - 1/21)
  • Kelton Henderson (Visits - 1/21)

S: 1-2
  1. Joenel Aguero (Visits - 4/22, 6/24)
  • Jayden Bonsu (Visits - 6/3)
  • Daemon ***an (Visits - 1/21)
  • Jaremiah Anglin Jr. (Visits - 1/21)
  • King Mack
  • Conrad Hussey (PSU)
17 DL players. Man, Mario is going to single handily fix both fronts in one recruiting class. 😳

Advertisement
Spot on for the most part.. Safety is a C- for me though...cannot believe we couldn't get Mack or Hussey or anyone else for that matter. If Cormani signs, CB is an A+

No true Safety in this class, which imo is a major issue, considering how we were abused due to busted coverages in 2022.

Advertisement
Back