2023 2023 CB Jacoby Davis

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

5’11 170lbs 4-star CB out of Houston TX, goes to Powerhouse 6A school North Shore.

Had a great Junior year finishing with 33tks 10PBU’s & 6INT’s.

@:40 Did a phenomenal job in playing Boundary in with eyes on the QB in Bail technique, he came off his initial route in Quarters coverage & simply read the ball down the field to get the INT.

@1:10 In Press man out of stance got very initial contact & engage with the WR, he reshuffled his feet to cut off the inside release & showed great route recognition to essentially box his man out playing towards the outside shoulder forcing the WR to quit on the route all while reading & pressing off to get the pick, very good short area coverage.

@1:25 He’s playing Press man, coming out of his stance he immediately skates his feet to prepare to mirror the WR, he gets wide while also staying concise with choppy steps so as to not get overly bent, meaning he doesn’t jab step allowing the WR to set him up for an In & Out release where he can’t recover because he overstepped. He then played towards outside release & immediately flipped his hips getting on the horse to go step for step with WR to defend the 9 route, then while in phase eyes the WR’s hands & uses inside leverage while in phase to play towards the ball, he undercuts from the hip pocket of the WR while getting his head around to make the great INT. This was fantastic textbook coverage!

@1:35 Had great leverage off inside release playing over top on the WR’s outside shoulder, reading the route while staying in phase with the WR & maintaining eye discipline watching the QB, he then did a great job using upper body contact & extending his forearm to remain within range for leverage as the WR is running an inside out Corner Post route, he flipped & eyed the QB throughout the entirety of the route & then used the upper body contact as a springboard to shift his momentum to get himself underneath & on the outside hip of the WR to make a play on the ball. Great PBU

@2:10 Once again with phenomenal press man technique coming out of his stance, he’s mirroring the WR while skating his feet & not opening the gate (opening his hips) too early, his following the upper body & shoulder movement of the WR & not overly stepping falling for the fake out moves, he’s basically running the route with the WR shadowing his steps, he then transitions in phase playing towards the sideline & initiates contact to stabilize the route & rebalance outside leverage, then gets his head around tracking the ball & cutting off the route to the inside to get the INT.

Overall is a fantastic pure cover corner with excellent grade A footwork, naturally fluid hips & great ball skills. He has very good speed & plays with good instincts, football IQ. Has coordinated feet & plays with control, his Speed turn ability in Press man is unteachable, has the tools you dream of for a CB with speed, technique & ball skills. The one knock on him is that he’s a bit undersized in terms of weight, but has the physical frame to easily be a 185-190lbs in college & be a ballhawking lockdown corner.

Versatile secondary defender that can play Boundary, Field & Nickel.

Played on the opposite side of the Elite 5-star CB Denver Harris who wound up signing with TAMU.

Reminds me of Bradley Roby

Plays for All-En 7V7, one of the premier 7V7 programs in H-Town. He’s another kid that Coach West has been telling me about since last year, obviously the Texas schools are usually the favorite but he’s open to going to whoever recruits him the hardest. IMO is better than every CB in FL for the 23 class except for Cormani McClain, of course we’ll probably try to stay local for the CB’s in the 23 class, but Texas is absolutely LOADED at CB this year.

Holds offers from TAMU, Baylor, UF, Auburn, Tenn, Arkansas, Miss St, Michigan, Utah, Wisconsin, Kansas & Houston

Advertisement

5’11 170lbs 4-star CB out of Houston TX, goes to Powerhouse 6A school North Shore.

Had a great Junior year finishing with 33tks 10PBU’s & 6INT’s.

@:40 Did a phenomenal job in playing Boundary in with eyes on the QB in Bail technique, he came off his initial route in Quarters coverage & simply read the ball down the field to get the INT.

@1:10 In Press man out of stance got very initial contact & engage with the WR, he reshuffled his feet to cut off the inside release & showed great route recognition to essentially box his man out playing towards the outside shoulder forcing the WR to quit on the route all while reading & pressing off to get the pick, very good short area coverage.

@1:25 He’s playing Press man, coming out of his stance he immediately skates his feet to prepare to mirror the WR, he gets wide while also staying concise with choppy steps so as to not get overly bent, meaning he doesn’t jab step allowing the WR to set him up for an In & Out release where he can’t recover because he overstepped. He then played towards outside release & immediately flipped his hips getting on the horse to go step for step with WR to defend the 9 route, then while in phase eyes the WR’s hands & uses inside leverage while in phase to play towards the ball, he undercuts from the hip pocket of the WR while getting his head around to make the great INT. This was fantastic textbook coverage!

@1:35 Had great leverage off inside release playing over top on the WR’s outside shoulder, reading the route while staying in phase with the WR & maintaining eye discipline watching the QB, he then did a great job using upper body contact & extending his forearm to remain within range for leverage as the WR is running an inside out Corner Post route, he flipped & eyed the QB throughout the entirety of the route & then used the upper body contact as a springboard to shift his momentum to get himself underneath & on the outside hip of the WR to make a play on the ball. Great PBU

@2:10 Once again with phenomenal press man technique coming out of his stance, he’s mirroring the WR while skating his feet & not opening the gate (opening his hips) too early, his following the upper body & shoulder movement of the WR & not overly stepping falling for the fake out moves, he’s basically running the route with the WR shadowing his steps, he then transitions in phase playing towards the sideline & initiates contact to stabilize the route & rebalance outside leverage, then gets his head around tracking the ball & cutting off the route to the inside to get the INT.

Overall is a fantastic pure cover corner with excellent grade A footwork, naturally fluid hips & great ball skills. He has very good speed & plays with good instincts, football IQ. Has coordinated feet & plays with control, his Speed turn ability in Press man is unteachable, has the tools you dream of for a CB with speed, technique & ball skills. The one knock on him is that he’s a bit undersized in terms of weight, but has the physical frame to easily be a 185-190lbs in college & be a ballhawking lockdown corner.

Versatile secondary defender that can play Boundary, Field & Nickel.

Played on the opposite side of the Elite 5-star CB Denver Harris who wound up signing with TAMU.

Reminds me of Bradley Roby

Plays for All-En 7V7, one of the premier 7V7 programs in H-Town. He’s another kid that Coach West has been telling me about since last year, obviously the Texas schools are usually the favorite but he’s open to going to whoever recruits him the hardest. IMO is better than every CB in FL for the 23 class except for Cormani McClain, of course we’ll probably try to stay local for the CB’s in the 23 class, but Texas is absolutely LOADED at CB this year.

Holds offers from TAMU, Baylor, UF, Auburn, Tenn, Arkansas, Miss St, Michigan, Utah, Wisconsin, Kansas & Houston

What do you think is his ideal playing weight?

Advertisement
Arguably a better cover corner than Denver was. Just doesn’t have the same size. I can’t really tell you more cause I still don’t know what Miami recruiting looks like under Mario Cristobal. History says he can recruit anybody and absolutely jacoby would be open to it. If this was manny Diaz I would say don’t waste your time.

Arguably a better cover corner than Denver was. Just doesn’t have the same size. I can’t really tell you more cause I still don’t know what Miami recruiting looks like under Mario Cristobal. History says he can recruit anybody and absolutely jacoby would be open to it. If this was manny Diaz I would say don’t waste your time.
Idk who our next CB’s coach will be, but I’m hoping he hits TX heavy for Corners.

I understand the need to always plant the flag in FL, but if we’re modeling ourselves after championship programs, none of them just stick with one region for CB & considering how kids in FL do when it comes to recruiting we might as well have a spray chart approach.

Outside of McClain, there’s Antonio Robinson, Daniel Harris (Donnell’s younger brother), Damari Brown (Selwyn’s son/Davonte’s younger brother), there will also be several under the radar late bloomers who will blow up once the Camp circuit starts, but point is, FL isn’t as deep at CB as TX is this class, so why not shoot our shot?

If we can snatch up a RB from Louisiana then we can snatch up a CB from Tejas too lol.

Idk who our next CB’s coach will be, but I’m hoping he hits TX heavy for Corners.

I understand the need to always plant the flag in FL, but if we’re modeling ourselves after championship programs, none of them just stick with one region for CB & considering how kids in FL do when it comes to recruiting we might as well have a spray chart approach.

Outside of McClain, there’s Antonio Robinson, Daniel Harris (Donnell’s younger brother), Damari Brown (Selwyn’s son/Davonte’s younger brother), there will also be several under the radar late bloomers who will blow up once the Camp circuit starts, but point is, FL isn’t as deep at CB as TX is this class, so why not shoot our shot?

If we can snatch up a RB from Louisiana then we can snatch up a CB from Tejas too lol.
No doubt this is the year to get into north shore imo. They’re about to go on a 5 year stretch of dominance with these kids that are about to be coming out. I think cormani holds down number 1 pretty easily but you can make a argument for like 3-4 texas CB’s in a row after him

I wish but Mario shoots his shot regardless like JR Smith so you never know

Advertisement
Love this kid! Pure cover corner plus he has a knack for CB that is pure genetics. In other words you cant coach what he has. We need to get on him.

Agreed, young man certainly looks the part at CB. Would be a really nice pickup if we were to offer and sign him.

Advertisement

Agree with this sentiment. Some of the most explosive passing HS offenses in the country recently come from Texas. Naturally, you would think this leads to an emphasis on developing better CBs in the area as teams try to combat these offenses.

Advertisement
Back