2022 WR AJ Johnson receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/AJ-Johnson-46084604/

6'2 175lbs 4-star WR out of New Orleans, goes to 2A school Isidore Newman.

Was originally at McMain, but transferred to Newman & unfortunately had to sit out the 2019 because of Louisiana transfer rules.

Dual sport athlete that plays both Baseball & Football.

Has good balance, doesn't go down on first contact, is a pretty good route runner saw some nice quick outs & Dig routes on his Sophomore tape. Makes nice Jump ball highpoint receptions & shows ability to make contested catches in traffic. Is an unofficial 4.6 40 but has good footwork. Natural playmaker.

Newman is the New Orleans school that the legendary Manning family all went to, Peyton, Eli & Cooper all played there & the current starting QB is the Freshman Phenom Cooper Manning's son Arch who will be a future 5-star QB in the 2023 class, a supremely naturally gifted passer.

Another well known New Orleans star who played at Newman was Odell Beckham Jr.

Holds offers from UGA, Tenn, FSU, Miss St & Kansas, (LSU has yet to offer)

Advertisement
9944C9D6-D7B4-43FC-A8EB-CF65F78E7150.gif

View attachment 133935Regardless of whether we have a legit shot, love seeing us make the cut more often for these types of guys. With that said... 6’4 205 as a high school WR??? Sign me up
Says 6'2" 175lbs, but yes we need more of these bigger speed guys at WR. Keyshawn Smith is a good start, Brinson next year should be great, and another guy with a similar frame is needed. Need to try to replicate what Devonta Smith does for Bama.

Advertisement
Says 6'2" 175lbs, but yes we need more of these bigger speed guys at WR. Keyshawn Smith is a good start, Brinson next year should be great, and another guy with a similar frame is needed. Need to try to replicate what Devonta Smith does for Bama.
The tweet was updated (not that you’re able to see that in the photo) that says he’s up to 6’4 205 now. Looking forward to the WR talent we have coming in for sure. Seems like every single team has a couple guys who can create separation and win their matchups besides us. No excuses considering where our school is located.

If I'm not mistaken, Stefan had an article on this kid, and he mentioned that he's originally from Atlanta. Only been in New Orleans for a few years. You'd have to think he's not Purple & Gold indoctrinated like the native kids. Plus they suck right now. I definitely could be wrong but my gut says UGA/BAMA would be our toughest competition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back