2022 TE/DE Keahnist Thompson Offered

Advertisement
Lakeland (Fla.) High School TE Keahnist Thompson picked up a Miami Hurricanes scholarship offer March 26.

It was his fourth offer, joining Southern Miss, Iowa and USF.

“My coach was telling me that Miami was going to call me, and when I spoke with them they told me I had the offer,” Thompson said. “They said they were fighting for me over whether I’d play tight end or defensive end there.”

Thompson says “at tight end I’m still learning, at D end I’m most natural.”

Last year was his second season playing tight end; he grew up playing defense.

His reaction to the Cane offer?

“Man, that was like a dream come true,” Thompson said. “I always loved that team ever since I was little. I just like their swag and everything.”

Thompson’s favorites?

“I don’t have any, not right now,” he said.

He’s visited UM previously, going to the Georgia Tech game this past season.

“Miami’s been recruiting me since last season,” Thompson said.

A 6-foot-4, 230-pounder, Thompson had three sacks this past season and most see his biggest upside on the offensive side. A versatile player, he says most schools want him at tight end. “But I don’t know what I’ll play for sure right now,” Thompson said. He also says he’s in no hurry to narrow anything down. Thompson growing up high on the Canes can help here, so we’ll continue to monitor how this one goes as he moves forward through the process.

Would we be taking him at DE or TE? If it's TE I hope that means we're taking 2 of em next class because I want Russell Maryland's kid as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back