2022 RETURNING POSITION COACHES

Odysseus

Freshman
How many assistants would you like to see retain from this 2021 Manny team or this 2021 Mario team.

Me i would like to see Oregon's o-line & receivers coach both have proven track records, along with keeping our coach hickson, fields, and T-Rob. And go outside for the remaining position coaches

Advertisement
1638497815427.png

None.

I think sure bets to bring from Oregon are Mirabal, B-Mac, and Chance. Prob will be Bobby williams too.

I’d love to see Mario make a run after Todd Bates at Clemson. Offer him 650k-750k make him say no, he’s at 515k right now. Let him run the entire DL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I discussed this already on the recruiting board, but Rod Chance most likely comes with Mario.

Rod Chance is from Ft. Lauderdale, played & coached at STA, he’s also a good recruiter & pretty good coach.

If we could keep TRob & bring Rod Chance that’d be perfect, but I assume TRob will go elsewhere & Mario wants to clean house anyway, so I don’t see anybody on the current staff being retained.

Advertisement
Hickson maybe but push comes to shove we should clean house. Mario gonna bring o line, corner, and receiver coach to Miami I'd guess.

Advertisement
I discussed this already on the recruiting board, but Rod Chance most likely comes with Mario.

Rod Chance is from Ft. Lauderdale, played & coached at STA, he’s also a good recruiter & pretty good coach.

If we could keep TRob & bring Rod Chance that’d be perfect, but I assume TRob will go elsewhere & Mario wants to clean house anyway, so I don’t see anybody on the current staff being retained.
I am going to go out on a limb here - my sources tell me that Moorhead is not coming, lol

He’s been in the NFL for the last 3 years since leaving Bama.

I think he wants to be a NFL coach & prefers NFL over college.

Maybe Mario could make him an offer he’d be interested in, but as of now, it appears he’s staying in the league.

**** Idk get Dan Mullen as OC. I wouldn't keep anyone from this staff. I'm sure TRob and like Likens would be fine, but I would just have Cristobal just pick all his own people. He could probably bring an elite staff here if they are going to fund the football program like they say they are...

Advertisement
Yea I do think their cornerback coach would do great down here south Florida, and I figured their d-line coach would never leave the West Coast

Advertisement
I mean, unless he's getting the FIU job (I don't think he is), then Alex Mirabal is a sure thing, I'd assume.

Speaking of FIU, I'm curious if any of their HC candidates, if they don't get the job, would be in the mix for assistant jobs here...Coley, Ponce, and Timmy Jr...idk.

I thought he had an opportunity to come with Richt and wife said no to Miami
Mirabal is part of the Columbus Crew, and Mario’s OL coach. He’s in Oregon because of Mario.

Alex Mirabal, a high school teammate of Mario Cristobal, has been the one constant on the staff during Cristobal’s career as a head coach. Mirabal came to Oregon to coach the offensive line in 2018 after spending all six years with Cristobal when he was the head coach at FIU. Prior to the 2021 season, Mirabal added the title off associate head coach – offense to his duties coaching the offensive line.

During six of his nine seasons as a head coach, Cristobal has entrusted Mirabal with the development of the offensive line. For the first six, Mirabal served as assistant head coach.

I wouldn’t mind keeping T-Rob or Likens.

I like Hickson, but running back coaches are a dime a dozen.

Fields, if kept, should move to an off-the-field role.

Patke….lol

Simpson is okay, but we need a dawg on the recruiting trail, and I don’t think that’s him.

Aristide can exit stage right.

Justice is meh. I don’t think he’s a horrible coach by any means, but Mirabal is far superior.

I mean, unless he's getting the FIU job (I don't think he is), then Alex Mirabal is a sure thing, I'd assume.

Speaking of FIU, I'm curious if any of their HC candidates, if they don't get the job, would be in the mix for assistant jobs here...Coley, Ponce, and Timmy Jr...idk.
He's Mario's right hand man plus he's proven too

Advertisement
Back