2022 QB Cardell Williams

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6'2 175lbs 3-star QB out of Houston, goes to 6A school Westfield.

Was originally at Cypress Creek his Freshman year, but transferred to Westfield.

Had a very good Sophomore season with 2,811yds 30TD's & 8INT's leading his team to a 13-2 record & to the state playoffs semi-finals.

Is tall lean framed kid with a big arm, natural thrower with very good velocity on the ball & has quick trigger release, effortless throwing motion. Has good footwork in the pocket @:45 on his tape showed good pocket awareness with the ability to evade rushers, escape the pocket while rolling right & make an on target throw for a TD. The throw @1:00 was a nice quick decision Bang 8 route showing his ability to fit it into tight windows vs 2 DB's in underneath & over coverage. The throw @1:13 was a nice Deep ball, showing off his big arm dropping a dime across the field on the Out & Up route. @1:33 did a good job staying in the pocket under duress with an oncoming rusher & still delivered a nice pass on the Corner fade route & had really good ball placement as well throwing to the outside shoulder away from the CB so that only his WR could get it. The throw @2:55 was the most impressive IMO, threw a 30 yard frozen rope to the outside across the field on the opposite side of the hashes, that's a difficult college level throw to make & he made it look easy.

Has natural arm talent, smooth quick snap release & good arm strength. Isn't a classic dual-threat, doesn't have to run much in the offense he plays in, but has enough mobility to scramble & pickup yards when necessary. Plays in an uptempo college style Spread offense, understands route concepts & how to come off his first read. Is a good upside prospect.

Plays for the well known All-EN 7v7 team in Houston (which is coached by Justin Allen) & his personal QB's coach is Nick Jeanty who's a Florida boy from Hollywood that played his HS ball at Miramar & played QB at New Mexico St. He's also coached by one of the most well respected & well renowned coaches on the HS scene in Houston, Mike West. (If you want to recruit/sign a kid from HTown, Mike West is the man to see.)

Goes to Westfield which is the same school as former 5-star DT Ed Oliver & former LSU Safety Danny McCray.

Under the radar 3-star with an 84 rating thus far, but is a kid who could end up rising in the rankings similar to what Kyron Drones & Kaidon Salter did in this year's 2021 class. I posted on Drones when he only had one offer from Houston & was a 3-star, he wound up a 4-star with a 93 rating & committed to Baylor several months later.

Only holds an offer from Houston thus far.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good ole Westfield. We use to break our foot off in their *** every got **** year lol. I can’t remember the last bigtime P5 kid they produced. They had a bigtime DB that signed with LSU a while back but that was legit like 15 years ago lol. I am probably forgetting a name or 2 but it’s rare. Will try keep an eye out for this kid this season if they end up playing.

Good ole Westfield. We use to break our foot off in their *** every got **** year lol. I can’t remember the last bigtime P5 kid they produced. They had a bigtime DB that signed with LSU a while back but that was legit like 15 years ago lol. I am probably forgetting a name or 2 but it’s rare. Will try keep an eye out for this kid this season if they end up playing.
Are you thinking of the same Westfield? This Westfield was one of the best teams in the Houston area over the last decade, won double digit games the last 10 years. They produced Ed Oliver, Tyrie Cleveland, and they just sent a kid to NC State on the d line (Nick Booker Brown). They may have a guy who plays for the Chiefs too. Either you're real old or played for North Shore/Katy.

Are you thinking of the same Westfield? This Westfield was one of the best teams in the Houston area over the last decade, won double digit games the last 10 years. They produced Ed Oliver, Tyrie Cleveland, and they just sent a kid to NC State on the d line (Nick Booker Brown). They may have a guy who plays for the Chiefs too. Either you're real old or played for North Shore/Katy.

Bruh, I am SCHLEEP. I was thinking of Houston Westside not Westfield lmao. Fine me, playas fvck up sometimes.

Advertisement
Brockers went to Chavez. I played against him too, we both were class of 09'. Talk about standing out like a sore thumb. Chavez might have been the worst team in the district but they had this big 6'6 250 lb kid playing TE and DE, lol.
Random but bro do you remember that 09-10 Yates basketball team?

Advertisement
Justin has got some young bulls running with him this year. One day I’m going to get into the drama that Texas 7 on 7 teams have lol he used to be a member of the fast staff. Our head coach is....something else to put it lightly. I still have a relationship with Justin though he gets a lot of credit for where a lot of the class of 18 guys we coached ended up. He brought Waddle to Alabama.

Random but bro do you remember that 09-10 Yates basketball team?

Absolutely. Vast majority of my family finished from JY as I grew up in 3rd ward. I was the lone outlier that went to Lamar. I knew a couple of those guys but I mean haven't seen or talked to them in years. They were a site to see.

Absolutely. Vast majority of my family finished from JY as I grew up in 3rd ward. I was the lone outlier that went to Lamar. I knew a couple of those guys but I mean haven't seen or talked to them in years. They were a site to see.
I saw joe playing in a gym off chimney rock maybe a year ago he’s in China now. I keep up with him a little cause a couple of my friends play overseas. Brandon peters no one has seen in forever he’s lowkey. I think pee wee is playing in Germany. The rest of them just kinda keep it low from what I hear.

Advertisement
I saw joe playing in a gym off chimney rock maybe a year ago he’s in China now. I keep up with him a little cause a couple of my friends play overseas. Brandon peters no one has seen in forever he’s lowkey. I think pee wee is playing in Germany. The rest of them just kinda keep it low from what I hear.
I knew Joe was in China after having a cup of coffee in the league but I'm with you, the rest of them I have no idea. I hope they're doing alright.

The play at the :44 mark did it for me ! Escaped the pocket, rolled right, got his shoulders square again and fired an accurate rope to WR....I just wish there were more throws from a dirty pocket on film. Testament to the OL play there.....Also has a nice play at 7:05 that is similar

The throw at 2:56 is also nice. Over the outside shoulder with the defender in GREAT coverage. Big league throw.

I also like that this kid throws from different arm angles in this HL...

Not sure HOW important it is in our current scheme, but would have loved to see his ability to come off the 1st read more. Offense he runs seems to be a one read and go system. Not sure what our scheme will look like, but to me, that's the only negative I could see....

Last edited:
Looks good. My favorite was when he stayed in the pocket when about to be hammered and made the throw. Team looks well coached impressed with the RB blocking.

Advertisement
Back