2022 OLB Damir McCrary Earns Miami Offer, Discusses Linebacker Tradition

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Miami has been sending out offers all over the country over the past month. One of the latest recipients of one of those offers is 2022 linebacker Damir McCrary from Camden, New Jersey.

“I honestly felt blessed when I received the offer from Miami. My parents were more excited than I was honestly.”

Being a 2022 prospect, Miami could not initiate contact with McCrary directly, so the offer came via his high school coach.

“My head coach Preston Brown had sent me the conversation between him and coach Patke.” McCrary continued, “The coach watched my film and asked Preston if he could offer me. I haven’t had any conversations with any of the staff but I’m looking forward to it.”

Although McCrary is still very early on in the recruiting process, he does know some of the history about Miami’s program.

“Well Miami is my favorite school and they’ve had a couple of great dominant players come from their program.”

One of those great players in particular stands out to McCrary.

“Ray Lewis is my favorite player that came out of that program. I like the intensity he brought to the field every time he stepped on it plus the way he made sure his opponents knew he was there when he made a hit and I see that in my game.”

McCrary has also spent time watching some more recent Miami linebackers.

“I was watching Shaquille Quarterman. He’s very patient, quick, and aggressive and Miami to me is a linebacker school.”

McCrary’s recruitment is just starting, but he already knows what he wants from Miami’s staff.

“I’m just hoping to build a strong relationship with the staff.”

McCrary also knows what he is looking for in a school.

“A brotherhood, but personally academic wise I’m looking for if they have the major I want to study in (business) and ect”

Aside from his recruitment, McCrary is looking to make a splash on the field during his junior season.

“Going into my junior season I’m going to be a whole different person on the field. I want my stats to double my last year's stats and I’m going to be a better player overall.”

Now for the most important part. What would it take for McCrary to end up at Miami?

“If I build a good enough relationship with the coaches and learn more about the program as time progresses I could see myself at Miami.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back