2022 OL Zach Rice , Lynchburg, VA Offered

Advertisement
Lynchburg (Va.) Liberty Christian Class of 2022 4-star OL Zach Rice picked up a Miami Hurricanes scholarship offer March 28.

It was his 10th offer, with others including Virginia, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Tennessee, USC and Kansas.

“I’d been talking to Miami for a couple of weeks before all the coronavirus happened,” Rice said. “And then the 28th at around 9 p.m. I got the offer. Coach (Garin) Justice was in Las Vegas, we were talking and he offered. They want me at offensive tackle, he said that he likes my attitude, said I’m a great player and that he likes how I work.”

Rice says he is “absolutely” going to strongly consider the Canes.

“I was a big Miami fan even before coach (Manny) Diaz came in,” Rice said. “I’ve posted pictures on Twitter of me from eighth grade - me with all Miami gear on.”

Back in eighth grade he wasn’t on the radar of colleges, but he toured UM’s campus that year with his parents when they were in the area for a cruise.

“We went all around even though none of the coaches knew me back then,” Rice said. “Just I really like the school.”

Rice remains a big Miami fan, but at the same time he says has to make the best decision for his future.

“There’s a lot of opportunities,” he said. “I’m still a Miami fan, what they’re doing, but there are other schools to consider.”

He’s not listing any favorites yet and plans to announce a decision Jan. 21 in 2022 - that’s going to be his 18th birthday.

Advertisement
Lynchburg (Va.) Liberty Christian Class of 2022 4-star OL Zach Rice picked up a Miami Hurricanes scholarship offer March 28.

It was his 10th offer, with others including Virginia, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Tennessee, USC and Kansas.

“I’d been talking to Miami for a couple of weeks before all the coronavirus happened,” Rice said. “And then the 28th at around 9 p.m. I got the offer. Coach (Garin) Justice was in Las Vegas, we were talking and he offered. They want me at offensive tackle, he said that he likes my attitude, said I’m a great player and that he likes how I work.”

Rice says he is “absolutely” going to strongly consider the Canes.

“I was a big Miami fan even before coach (Manny) Diaz came in,” Rice said. “I’ve posted pictures on Twitter of me from eighth grade - me with all Miami gear on.”

Back in eighth grade he wasn’t on the radar of colleges, but he toured UM’s campus that year with his parents when they were in the area for a cruise.

“We went all around even though none of the coaches knew me back then,” Rice said. “Just I really like the school.”

Rice remains a big Miami fan, but at the same time he says has to make the best decision for his future.

“There’s a lot of opportunities,” he said. “I’m still a Miami fan, what they’re doing, but there are other schools to consider.”

He’s not listing any favorites yet and plans to announce a decision Jan. 21 in 2022 - that’s going to be his 18th birthday.
Sounds like if we have a good season he’s ours

Advertisement
I know he is listed at tackle but I'm putting this dude at guard and he is starting day 1 almost guaranteed. This dudes hands must have 50lb weights attached. He recovers and barely puts a punch in and dudes get stoned

Advertisement
Back