NFL 2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Advertisement
Football media needs to do a much better job at reporting these contracts.

Von Miller to Bills for 6/120...actually a 2/34 deal...3/53 in the unlikely event Buffalo wants to pay him 19M at 35-36 years old. The real deal is a good one for Miller and a nice fit in Buffalo. That front seven ain't a joke.

Advertisement
Myles Jack to PIttsburgh on a 2/16 deal. Man, I loved Myles Jack...he'll be missed...but he wasn't good last year, so I get it.

Myles Jack wasn't down. ✊

Chandler Jones and Von Miller basically sign the same 2/34 deal. It tracks.
Yup.

Teams are front-loading contracts now with the majority of the guaranteed money coming within the first two years of the deal in bonus money, it’s the loophole around having too much backend dead cap.

Advertisement
Yup.

Teams are front-loading contracts now with the majority of the guaranteed money coming within the first two years of the deal in bonus money, it’s the loophole around having too much backend dead cap.

Yeah, its not 2005 anymore where teams are clueless on how to manage the cap. The cap is fictional (not meme'ing)...teams have mastered the cap and know how to manipulate it.

Titans have let go Julio Jones, maybe my Pats can get some WR help for Mac Jones. Need all the offensive help we can get.

Advertisement
one of the craziest NFL off seasons that I can remember
a lot of AFC West games will be on primetime I'm sure

Advertisement
Juju might not be long for this world if he has yet another blown one year bet on yourself deal in that offense.
Agreed, his biggest issue thus far has been lack of maturity & when Pittsburgh finally made him the #1 guy, Chase Claypool & Diontae Johnson both lapped him pretty significantly, although Claypool seems to be the next Steelers WR that’s a head case. For some reason Tomlin seems to harvest malcontent WR’s who act like overgrown children.

I think they’re really bringing him in to be a secondary option to pull Double teams off Tyreek Hill.

He’s basically gonna be playing in the Sammy Watkins role, when they won the Super Bowl, they had Hill, Watkins, Demarcus Robinson, Mecole Hardman & Byron Pringle, which opened up the field more for Kelce & gave Mahomes more options. Their offensive struggles over the last couple of seasons have been due to not being able to develop a 2nd WR.

The draft this year has a ton of depth & speed at WR, so adding JuJu & a mid round WR pick bodes well for another Chiefs offensive explosion this season.

Last edited:
Agreed, his biggest issue thus far has been lack of maturity & when Pittsburgh finally made him the #1 guy, Chase Claypool & Diontae Johnson both lapped him pretty significantly, although Claypool seems to be the next Steelers WR that’s a head case. For some reason Tomlin seems to harvest malcontent WR’s who act like overgrown children.

I think they’re really bringing him in to be a secondary option to pull Double teams off Tyreek Hill.

He’s basically gonna be playing in the Sammy Watkins role, when the won the Super Bowl, they had Hill, Watkins, Demarcus Robinson, Mecole Hardman & Byron Pringle, which opened up the field more for Kelce & gave Mahomes more options. Their offensive struggles over the last couple of seasons have been due to not being able to develop a 2nd WR.

The draft his year has a ton of depth & speed at WR, so adding JuJu & a mid round WR pick bodes well for another Chiefs offensive explosion this season.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire not really becoming that secondary passcatcher ala Austin Ekeler has hurt. Premium capital that could have been Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman (the next two picks in the draft) and DeAndre Swift (the pick after that) and Jonathan Taylor (picked a few picks later).

Could justify the Chiefs spending high capital on the best available WR...I'd hate to see them convincing themselves Juju could be the guy is the kind of move that makes you take the wrong guy on draft day.

Advertisement
Back