2022 Linebacker Omar Graham Set For Month Of Visits

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
2022 3-star linebacker Omar Graham out of Stranahan (FL) visited Miami for the cookout the day that the dead period was lifted on June 1st.

“I got there around 6. As soon as I got there, I was greeted by Coach (Jonathan) Patke and he just made us feel welcome. He greeted my cousin, my aunt and my dad as soon as they came. Then I saw Coach (Eric) Hickson. I saw Coach (Manny) Diaz. Really I just saw the whole staff.”

Coach Patke and coach Hickson are the two coaches involved the most with Graham’s recruitment, with Director of Recruiting Pop Cooney helping out as well. Graham was able to meet them all in person on Tuesday.

“I saw the energy in person. The energy that they had over the phone, I saw it in person and it stood out.”

One aspect that the staff made a point to focus on with Graham was the new on-campus dorms.

“That was nice. That’s the main thing they wanted to talk about. One of the staffers said that the freshmen are living there and they just recently built it.”

Graham has never toured any campus or the football facility before, so he is hoping to get the full experience doing that this weekend at UM on his official visit.

“I’ve never toured the campus before or seen the football facilities so I would like to see those. I just can’t wait to learn more information and spend time with the staff.”

One moment that stood out for Graham was when Manny Diaz addressed all of the recruits.

“My favorite moment was coach Diaz when he was talking about the defense and how they are smart and how all the top kids in Florida go to Miami. He said that’s how you are supposed to build a great program, when all the top kids in Florida go to Miami.”

After Miami, Graham will take official visits to FSU, Penn State, and then Auburn to round out the month of June. As for what he is looking for on these visits, Graham is looking for a place that he can call home.

“I want to be comfortable with the coaches and be comfortable with the staff and feel at home. This is going to be my home away from home, so I have to feel comfortable. I want to see if I can live there for three or four years.”

Graham will make a final decision in early July after all of his official visits are over.

Advertisement
It is going to be amazing to watch rankings change as prospects get out and about.

Last edited:
New dorms and indoor practice can only help along with victories. What I would also do is tell parents and kids to drive around those Confederate towns and experience those places without people knowing you are a recruit. Bet they see a whole other side when determining if they can live there for 4 years.

Advertisement
Gaby and Lake think he doesn’t have the green light to commit if he wanted.
I say he does.
I’d rather have Devon Jackson than Graham based on his speed, bloodlines and connection to Woods. Graham’s change of direction concerns me. That is a nitpick since Graham is a good prospect, obviously with 2-3 spots at LB you have to be picky with recruit comparison/projection. If those two are right, I hope one of Tolan, Lathan, Medlock or Bissainthe commits before August

Medlock’s 247 page shows only a OV visit to Miami and this is a good Lb from Texas not having over visits lined up. Maybe he is the MLB taking Graham’s spot.

Last edited:
I think I agree with 247 here. Bissainthe, Tolan, Jackson (they still gotta get eyes on him) and Lathan could all be higher on the boards and likely are.

Advertisement
Norvell selling these kids hard. Graham and Tolan have FSU in their top. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them land their.

Norvell selling these kids hard. Graham and Tolan have FSU in their top. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them land their.
Tolan hasn’t been down here yet. Feel like Graham was lower on Miami’s board coming off that OV but I could be wrong.

I’d rather have Devon Jackson than Graham based on his speed, bloodlines and connection to Woods. Graham’s change of direction concerns me. That is a nitpick since Graham is a good prospect, obviously with 2-3 spots at LB you have to be picky with recruit comparison/projection. If those two are right, I hope one of Tolan, Lathan, Medlock or Bissainthe commits before August

Medlock’s 247 page shows only a OV visit to Miami and this is a good Lb from Texas not having over visits lined up. Maybe he is the MLB taking Graham’s spot.

SIAP but what are Jackson’s bloodlines?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back