2022 LB Wesley Bissainthe

Advertisement
Don't hate me, and I'm seriously not trying to throw shade, but I just watched his jr highlights and was a bit underwhelmed. I like his pursuit and anticipation - but does not seem terribly physical, not a thumper. Who would you guys compare him too?

Advertisement
DD4FBF9E-2991-460D-B709-88EB8CF602CC.gif

Advertisement
Miami Central linebacker Wesley Bissainthe has impressed many with his abilities on and off the field.

The four-star Miami signee has also impressed his new coach of the Hurricanes.

Mario Cristobal gushed about the 16th-ranked linebacker according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

"Those who have watched him play know that he’s an instant difference maker for us,” Cristobal said. “Long, rangy, physical, instinctive, a knock-back tackler, extremely effective in the pass game as well.”

Bissainthe, pronounced 'bis-saint,' will look to cap off an impressive career in the 5A state championship game on Friday (1:00 p.m., Spectrum) against Merritt Island.

“He’s coached by (former Hurricane) Roland Smith so you know he’s going to be ready to play with that mentality, hard-nosed approach to football, disciplined, carries a lot of value,” Cristobal said. “In the top 300 at ESPN, in the Top247 player as well, playing for his third state title. There’s a lot to be said about a player captaining a team playing for a third title. I can’t say enough about him, getting to meet his family, meeting his coaches, a great support system. He really embodies what Dade County is all about.”

Miami has been plagued by sub-par play at linebacker in trying to replace four-year starters Shaquille Quarterman and Michael Pinckneytwo years ago.

Bissainthe, by the sounds of it, will have every opportunity to make an immediate impact when he arrives on campus.

“Arriving in a situation like this where you need depth at that position, you need guys who can make an impact right away and we see him as a guy who can be an impact player that can certainly make a difference right away and we’re going to make sure we get him ready to do so,” Cristobal said.

Something as simple as shouting out a local high school coach and his great ability to coach.
And Mario does it on his first nsd presser.
He just gets it man. Knowing how many people were watching that and him acknowledging and naming the coach is so impactful for local recruiting. It’s something that should’ve been done ages ago.

Don't hate me, and I'm seriously not trying to throw shade, but I just watched his jr highlights and was a bit underwhelmed. I like his pursuit and anticipation - but does not seem terribly physical, not a thumper. Who would you guys compare him too?
I saw some Sean Spence in the film with his size, and ability to correctly diagnose a play after snap.

Coach Hayes did a review on him. Said great prospect with some coach able weaknesses.

Advertisement
He only just helped his team win a third straight state championship. I get that it’s a team sport. But the cream rises to the top. I go with Hayes on this as he is a solid judge of talent.
Yes. And he played with a high ankle sprain from the previous game. His coach said he didn't want him to hurt it further but Wesley insisted on being on the field. He'll rest and rehab it now before he comes to campus in January.

Advertisement
Not to harp on Manny as I'm almost over talking about him but he would NEVER say or do this below and i think it was his biggest issue as a coach (amongst many things).

“Arriving in a situation like this where you need depth at that position, you need guys who can make an impact right away and we see him as a guy who can be an impact player that can certainly make a difference right away and we’re going to make sure we get him ready to do so,” Cristobal said.

Advertisement
Back