2022 JUCO CB Keionte Scott receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6’0 185 3-star CB at Snow College (a JUCO in Utah)

Is originally from Las Vegas, but moved his Senior year to California & played at Helix HS in LA Mesa (San Diego) which is the same school that Reggie Bush & Alex Smith came from.

In his first year at Snow college he finished the year with 27tks 10PBU’s 5.5TFL’s & 3INT’s.

He’s a good size corner with naturally fluid hips & ball skills. He plays primarily in off zone coverage in Bail technique & has good eye discipline reading the QB. @1:08 on his tape shows his press man ability doing a good job with coming out of his stance with good shuffle technique & showed instinctual reaction while reading his man with a quick step break & immediately resetting his feet to make a play on the ball.

@:55 on his tape he’s in Press man again at Boundary, he gives free release to the inside while playing Bail again eyeing the QB, but did a good job mirroring the WR & flipping his hips while using a quick jam at the top of the route to regain leverage while in phase & getting his head around to locate the ball, this was a smart play because he essentially boxed out the WR to the back of the end zone & made it so the QB would have nowhere to throw but out of bounds, but smartly got the INT because he basically walled off the play using the back of the end zone as an extra defender.

@1:40 was very good press man coverage as well, coming out of his stance with good staggering of his feet, then this time he initiates with a solid one hand jam coming out of his shuffle & gets his hips flipped, he reads the WR & recognizes the fade route & while he doesn’t have time to get his head around he follows textbook coverage rules of transitioning in phase & getting his hands in between the WR’s arms to fight through the ball & cause the PBU while not actually seeing the ball being thrown. It’s an anticipatory play that as a corner you have to know how to read the WR’s shoulders & upper to be able to anticipate exactly when to time to get your hands up & swat the ball.

Displays good quick footwork & has natural speed, in HS was clocked at a 10.94 in the 100m his Junior year & by eye test looks to have consistent high 4.4 to low 4.5 speed, he also played WR in HS & had 36rec 563yds & 10TD’s.

He’s the #1 ranked JUCO CB in the country & played on a team that went 8-1 & played in the JUCO National championship game. (He just recently was in Miami 2 weeks ago playing against ASA Miami JUCO, DVD’s first coaching job)

Holds offers from LSU, Auburn, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Tenn, FSU, NC St, TCU, Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, Colorado, Cal, Arizona, Oregon St, San Diego St, SMU, TTech, BYU, Fresno St, Jackson St, UNLV & Buffalo.

Advertisement
You think we push hard for him ?

Maybe, but he already released his top 12 a week ago & has already taken 1 of his OV’s, with another on schedule next month. Plus he’s a West Coast kid so you have to factor in if he wants to stay close to home.

I’m guessing we could be too little too late, but who knows, might as well shoot our shot 🤷🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
He’s currently visiting Tennessee right now & has a scheduled visit to Auburn on the 26th.

I don’t know if he has an OV scheduled yet to Miami.

Per Ivins:

“ The top-ranked JUCO corner just put the Hurricanes in his top five. He's got one official left to use (at Tennessee this weekend, already been to both Arizona and Oregon and has one set up with Auburn for Thanksgiving weekend). I'm hearing it could very well go to Miami next weekend or at least that has been discussed by both parties. Hurricanes at home against Virginia Tech next Saturday.”

Advertisement
I don’t have a good feeling about Rogers either...

Aside from him probably not being able to play next year due to his injury this year, he’s also taking an OV to Ole Miss this weekend & has one for Miss St in December.

I highly doubt Khamauri sticks in this class, especially if TRob sn’t retained.
I don’t have a good feeling about Rogers either...

Aside from him probably not being able to play next year due to his injury this year, he’s also taking an OV to Ole Miss this weekend & has one for Miss St in December.

I highly doubt Khamauri sticks in this class, especially if TRob sn’t retained.
This isn’t towards you but T Rob not being retained? Now he can’t coach either? A guy that’s pit how many in the league?

Advertisement
This isn’t towards you but T Rob not being retained? Now he can’t coach either? A guy that’s pit how many in the league?
I didn’t say that he couldn’t coach, I’m actually his biggest advocate on the board...

But if Manny is fired there’s a chance the next HC might not want to keep him, because new coaches tend to want their own guys, it’s got nothing to do with his coaching or recruiting ability.

Surprise tomorrow? Oregon was involved

1639510505530.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back