2022 DT Jamari Lyons receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamari-Lyons-46078829/

6'4 295lbs (future 3/4-star DT) out of Melbourne, goes to 7A school Viera.

Has been very productive in his first two seasons, finished his Sophomore year with 61tcks 21TFL's & 9 sacks & has a total of 107tcks 26TFL's & 18 sacks in two years as a starter.

Big naturally strong kid that has very good hand fighting, he understands how to use his arm length to get on the inside of the Guard & use his leverage to shed blocks. Has good technique in splitting & swimming through blocks. Has very nimble feet for a kid his size, moves very well & has a quick first step. Can easily bull rush due to his pure strength & size, but also uses good rip technique & some counter moves. Is a stout run defender & disruptive interior rusher that lives in the backfield. Can play 0-tech, 1-tech, 2 or 3-tech, is a 2 gap lineman with high upside.

Miami being smart getting in early, were his 2nd major offer, but is a kid that will blow up over the next two season as he hits the camp circuit. We also recently offered one of his former teammates 2021 DE Julius Barfield.

Only offer thus far from Illinois.

Advertisement
This kid is a really good prospect. Good size and length. He does a good job using his hands and length to shed blockers. He tracks the ball well. Has good get off on the snap. He's going to be rated highly when he's a senior baring any injuries. The kid will be a monster after a couple of years in a college strength and conditioning program.

Trench bully! Strong, violent hands, and good feet. Love the offer. Big kid. Would love to get him in O and G. I can also see 2 gap potential from this kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Are you saying they are both the same level skill wise? I understand taking the kid who is willing to commit first. but from watching the tape/projecting them, is one better than the other?
Tarber plays much tougher comp no doubt & appears to be built better physically, (although I haven't seen what Jamai Lyons looks like recently).

But they're both very good prospects & imo it wouldn't be much drop off with either one, so take whichever one is interested & will commit first.

I don't know if Miami is even recruiting Jamari (we probably aren't considering we have other prospects much higher), but I think he's good enough & has very good upside to be a take.

But I doubt he'll be in this class, if I were a betting man I'd say the odds are pretty low we'd take him with all the other local DT's we'll be after.

Advertisement
Back