NFL Draft 2022 Draft Discussion and post draft free agency

Advertisement

The WR revolution has returned...

They’ve gone back to becoming more premium because the game is won through the Air.

Yes...

but there is a catch.

The cheap WR revolution is here. A lot of this is a result of the rising cost of the premium WRs that SOMEONE will pay for. While all of these WRs weren't taken by KC/GB/BAL, it did force the WR needy teams to go get their guys early because they were gone regardless because if some of these guys fell to KC/GB/BAL, they probably take them. Could have thrown SF in there if they traded Deebo...Jets ended up taking a WR anyway, for example.

Weird dynamic going on right now. Teams trying to get cheapo versions of what they already had (Titans getting Burks for example immediately after trading AJ Brown)...KC being interested in Jameson Williams after letting Reek go to Miami, etc.

C74206AA-04E1-431F-A278-F2C0F8A0782B.jpeg
B99C87B1-D1C3-4495-B12E-B320A8FAA472.jpeg

Advertisement
Yes...

but there is a catch.

The cheap WR revolution is here. A lot of this is a result of the rising cost of the premium WRs that SOMEONE will pay for. While all of these WRs weren't taken by KC/GB/BAL, it did force the WR needy teams to go get their guys early because they were gone regardless because if some of these guys fell to KC/GB/BAL, they probably take them. Could have thrown SF in there if they traded Deebo...Jets ended up taking a WR anyway, for example.

Weird dynamic going on right now. Teams trying to get cheapo versions of what they already had (Titans getting Burks for example immediately after trading AJ Brown)...KC being interested in Jameson Williams after letting Reek go to Miami, etc.
The market is bubbling & with teams drafting WR’s in the 1st it’s a form of self correcting a bubbling market.

The general point of my post was to show that WR’s have regained their status as valuable & that’s the direction the game has gone back to. The college game has filtrated an armament of impact WR’s forcing the pro’s to adjust the game & mirror it many ways. It used to be you only need 1 or 2 good WR’s at most, now you basically need 3-4 that are all high caliber WR1 types.

But what I’m getting at is from a recruiting standpoint, teams that understand the importance of offensive firepower & having DB’s to defend against other teams with equal firepower is the motion in which the waves are pulling. So, basically Miami should be doing the same thing in order to see us having multiple players being drafted in the 1st round again.

The market is bubbling & with teams drafting WR’s in the 1st it’s a form of self correcting a bubbling market.

The general point of my post was to show that WR’s have regained their status as valuable & that’s the direction the game has gone back to. The college game has filtrated an armament of impact WR’s forcing the pro’s to adjust the game & mirror it many ways. It used to be you only need 1 or 2 good WR’s at most, now you basically need 3-4 that are all high caliber WR1 types.

But what I’m getting at is from a recruiting standpoint, teams that understand the importance of offensive firepower & having DB’s to defend against other teams with equal firepower is the motion in which the waves are pulling. So, basically Miami should be doing the same thing in order to see us having multiple players being drafted in the 1st round again.
Basically, this.

I've had countless arguments over the last year defending the Horn pick (and the Henderson trade). "You can't have enough good DBs in the modern NFL" has fallen on deaf ears with the Cult of Cam.

Advertisement
Yes...

but there is a catch.

I blame congress, the White House, the Fed, and covid policies for this mess.

Advertisement
I think Jalen Pitre is a good player but Lovie Smith's defense is horrendously outdated for the modern NFL....it didn't even work in college at Illinois playing in the slow *** Big 10

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back