2022 DB Ryan Turner Receives Miami Offer, Talks Canes

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
2022 Chaminade-Madonna DB Ryan Turner received an offer from the Miami Hurricanes on Thursday afternoon. The longtime Miami fan says he was pretty excited to receive the call from safeties coach Ephraim Banda.

“Coach Banda called my coach asking for me so my coach gave me the phone.” Turner continued, “I’ve been a UM fan for a long time, but to now say that I can possibly play for one of my dream schools is crazy.”

As for what attracts Turner to Miami, he particularly enjoys the program atmosphere and tradition at UM.

“I love the culture down here, and the history of producing great players every year. I love how great the defense has been looking the past couple years, and the coaches are amazing; they're for the kids and want to win.”

Chaminade has been very friendly to Miami in recent years and Turner has stayed in contact with some of his former teammates currently on Miami’s roster.

“I talk to Keontra (Smith) and Te’Cory (Couch) from time to time. We haven’t really talked about me going there yet, but I know they love it there.”

Speaking of the Chaminade to Miami pipeline, Turner is close with some of his teammates who are currently committed to Miami.

“I’ve been playing with Jamaal Johnson, the 2022 DE commit, since I was 12 years old. I just met Allan (Haye) my sophomore year when he transferred in, but ever since then, that’s been my guy.”

Turner sees himself as an outside corner right now, but he and the Miami coaches agree that he can play anywhere in the secondary.

“I could play both corner and safety, but as of right now, I’m on the outside. I watch a lot of film on Marcus Peters. I would say I learn a lot from him.”

As a class of 2022 prospect, Turner is in the early stages of the process and also has offers from Penn State and FIU. Turner does not know when he is going to make a decision, but he does know what he is looking for in a school.

“I’m looking to play early and to play for a coach that wants to win.”

Right now, Turner has all his focus on winning another state championship.

“I’m focused on winning another state championship right now.”

Advertisement
Wants a chance to play early you say.....
Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

Advertisement
Boundary corner. I like how he supports the run. Turns his head in coverage and competes for the ball. I want to see him use his hands more to redirect WRs and do a better good of delivering a blow with his initial jam on the WR's release. Good prospect.

Got beat by Malik Curtis there on the last play of the highlight, bad throw. Kid looks solid I like the offer. I really hope they don’t waste Malik Curtis at corner. Since the first time I ever saw his film I thought receiver all day, kid flies.

Advertisement
Advertisement
“Coach Banda called my coach asking for me so my coach gave me the phone.” Turner continued, “I’ve been a UM fan for a long time, but to now say that I can possibly play for one of my dream schools is crazy."

Advertisement
I wonder where this kid is on the DB board. Clemson is recruiting him and Kenyatta Jackson - he plans on being on Clemson's campus with his parents next week. He is at Ohio State with his family this week.

He has tentative plans to OV at Penn State in June. Told the Clemson writer he would like to commit soon but he isn't sure when that will be.

Currently listed as 6' 180 lbs

Advertisement
Back