2022 Class- Top Targets & Offers: Offense

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
QB: 1 Grade: A
  1. Jacurri Brown COMMIT
Analysis: Landed our top target. Huge upside and great developmental QB to take when we have TVD & Garcia

RB: 2 Grade: A
  1. Henry Parrish COMMIT - Portal
  2. TreVonte Citizen COMMIT
Analysis: In a year where Manny and staff were stupidly not going to take a RB, Mario comes in and loads up on two top targets. Great stuff.

WR: 2 Grade: B
  1. Isaiah Horton COMMIT
  2. Frank Ladson COMMIT - Portal
  3. Colbie Young COMMIT
Misses: Kevin Coleman (JSU), Jayden Gibson (OU), Tyler Harrell (Portal - Bama)

Analysis: Down year in SoFla for WRs with a huge class in 2023 coming up so can't hate on the class too much. Hopefully Ladson can play to his potential with TVD

TE: 1 Grade: A+
  1. Jaleel Skinner COMMIT (EE)
Analysis: Landed the top TE right out of SEC country. Kuddos to Coach Field

OL: 4 Grade: B-
  1. Jonathan Denis COMMIT - Portal
  2. Logan Sagapolu COMMIT - Portal
  3. Matthew McCoy COMMIT
  4. Anez Cooper COMMIT

Misses: Daughtry Richardson (FSU), Julan Armella (FSU), Dave Iuli (ORE), Malik Agbo (TEX), Cameron Williams (TEX), Tyler Steen (Portal - Bama)

Analysis: Most of this grade falls on Manny and staff. If it wasn't for Mario, i don't know if we'd have any commits. I have no doubt Mario & Maribel will fix the OL in classes to come and get some real big body movers. Potential we add another addition through the portal or even a long shot at Conerly

Last edited:
Advertisement
QB: 2

- Zion Turner
- Braedyn Locke

RB: 2

- Jaziun Patterson
- Anthony Hankerson
- Terrence Gibbs
- Eden James
- Maurice Jones

WR: 3

1. Syveion Ellis​
2. Mike Jackson​

- Jayden Gibson
- Kareem Burke
- Samuel Mbake

TE: 1-2

- RJ Maryland
- De'Carlo Donaldson
- Marcus Peterson
- Mason Taylor

OL: 3

1. Julian Armella​

- Tony Livingston
- Trent Ramsey
- Jason Seraphin
- Lenard Toney
- Jeffrey Bonica
- Dawson Alters

At QB, I would keep recruiting Jacurri Brown. You never know when "QB Whisperer" will try to leave Hogtown again.

May need to go outside of SoFla for another RB and another WR, not a super-deep pool this year.

OL, we definitely need to get 3-4 good ones this year.

At QB, I would keep recruiting Jacurri Brown. You never know when "QB Whisperer" will try to leave Hogtown again.

May need to go outside of SoFla for another RB and another WR, not a super-deep pool this year.

OL, we definitely need to get 3-4 good ones this year.
patterson and maurice jones are good and id argue hankerson is elite at running back

4/21 - Updated OP

Added Player Visits (Unofficial & OV). Offensive class is probably going to be small this year and a lot of Out of State or Non-SoFla guys. So visits will be huge to get guys on campus

Would love to land TE Anthony Jones out of Las Vegas (next Brevin?), and some real huge big uglies at OG (Agbo & Williams)

Advertisement
UF has a bbq outing as well on 6/1. And a couple of guys on the list is supposedly headed there. Damari Alston included.

QB: 1

1. Jacurri Brown COMMIT

RB:
0-1

- Damari Alston (Visits - 6/1)
- Jaziun Patterson
- Anthony Hankerson
- Eden James
- Maurice Jones

WR: 3

1. Isaiah Bond (Visits - 3/20)
2. Jayden Gibson (Visits - 6/11)
3. Quan Lee (Visits - 6/11)

- Syveion Ellis (UF)
- Mike Jackson
- Samuel Mbake
- Devaughn Mortimer (FSU)
- Isaiah Horton

TE: 1

- Anthony Jones (Visits - 6/3)
- Marcus Peterson
- Kaden Helms (Visits - 6/11)
- RJ Maryland
- De'Carlo Donaldson
- Mason Taylor
- Micah Riley

OL: 3-4

1. Julian Armella​
2. Malik Agbo (Visits - 6/4)
3. Leyton Nelson (Visits - 6/11)
4. Cameron Williams​

- Daughtry Richardson
- Jason Seraphin
- Lenard Toney
- Dawson Alters
RB - I think Alston is going to Gainesville on 6/1 instead of Miami:
https://247sports.com/Article/Flori...ruiting-4-star-RB-sets-trip-to-UF--164407078/
Is Terrance Gibbs totally out of the picture?

WR - Isaiah Horton is officially visiting Miami on June 4:
https://247sports.com/Article/miami...ton-sets-up-um-official-visit-2021-163041899/
I think that he and Mbake should be top targets, but we seem intent on Bond, Gibson, and Lee. I'd also like to see Shawn Miller in the mix.
-I also heard that Jalen Rogers was coming to the 6/1 bbq after a really good Rivals camp. Not sure if there's room for him in the class, but I'll keep an eye on him.

TE - I think Jacurri Brown wants Jaleel Skinner to come, but I've not seen that we're getting any traction with him.
https://247sports.com/Article/miami...wn-wants-to-recruit-other-to-miami-163005640/

OL- Cameron Williams is officially visiting on June 11:
https://247sports.com/Article/miami...-official-visit-miami-june-11-more-164050786/
I wish we had some traction with Jacob Allen and Dayne Shor.
-One player I am waiting to see UM offer is Shomari Seymour from Ft. Lauderdale. He has a strangely small offer list; I'm guessing there's a reason.

Advertisement
6/9 - Updated OP

Doesn't seem like we'll take a RB this class. Probably 1 TE, maybe 2-3 WRs. Very small Offensive class, with the focus on the OL.

Hopefully we can land a Cameron Williams or Malik Agbo, along with the 2 SoFla OTs (Armella & Richardson)
I'm good with all of that. We don't need a RB with Chaney, Rooster, Thad, and Brown all returning next year. Could even use Breshard at RB in certain packages or bring in Jacurri. I think we need at least 1 TE and I would explore adding 2 if the numbers work. I'm not sold on anyone outside of Arroyo (I love Brantley but think he's a year or two away). Heavy offensive line for sure.

8/2 - Updated OP

Landed Carswell & Horton. Might be done at WR unless Gibson wants in and something changes with him (UF/UGA battle?). Their doesn't seem to be too many Plan Bs on the offensive side of the ball.

We're in the final 3 for Skinner at TE and Agbo at OL, but not sure who else we're heavily after behind them. Armella sounds like an FSU lean and maybe a little too much mental baggage, and Hood sounds like UGAs to lose.

Curious to see if there's any late bloomers once the season starts

Advertisement
12/7 - Updated OP

Not a ton of prospects left. Excited to see some new names on the board with Mario.

Def think we need to land a couple big OL. Hopefully Agbo and Williams to pair with Carswell

2023 class will be a heavier focus on Offense

12/7 - Updated OP

Not a ton of prospects left. Excited to see some new names on the board with Mario.

Def think we need to land a couple big OL. Hopefully Agbo and Williams to pair with Carswell

Agbo getting lots of CB's to Texas. Williams I think we can snag. We should be a frontrunner for that FIU grad transfer too.

12/7 - Updated OP

Might be annoying, but could you use a font color other than black? Hard to read on Night Mode

Advertisement
12/17 Updated OP

Huge Addition in Jaleel Skinner

Curious to see what names pop up at OL. We need help their for sure

WR - Coleman would be huge and is trending as well. Wease and Ladson sound like 2 WR portal targets

Advertisement
Back