2022 Class- Top Targets & Offers: Defense

Advertisement
"War daddy" type DT.
Old fashioned, manhandle your a$$ type of player. Nothing finesse about him.
Immovable object.
Crazy strong and violent hands.
Every bit of 6'2" 315lbs plus.
Stalemates double-teams. Doesn't budge.
Moves REALLY well for a kid his size.

I'd like to see him show more pass rush ability and better motor. But I don't think he's the type of kid that will play on 3rd down pass rush packages anyway. I actually think he had a better 10th grade year. I thought he took a slight step back during this shortened Covid season, but a lot of kids did. He already does a phenomenal job of dominating the point-of-attack but now I'd like to see him take that next step and start disengaging from blockers and making more plays. (and we're working on that right now)

You can kinda see what I mean here versus Zachary High School (LA) during his 10th grade season.

Coach do you think this kid is better than Nesta at this stage of their highschool careers?

Coach Tarber looks legit and would be a massive plug in the middle of the OL. One, as you stated, commands and defeats double teams with ease. Would definitely love to see him commit to the U along with Lyons. That would be an elite haul at DT to me.

Advertisement
"War daddy" type DT.
Old fashioned, manhandle your a$$ type of player. Nothing finesse about him.
Immovable object.
Crazy strong and violent hands.
Every bit of 6'2" 315lbs plus.
Stalemates double-teams. Doesn't budge.
Moves REALLY well for a kid his size.

I'd like to see him show more pass rush ability and better motor. But I don't think he's the type of kid that will play on 3rd down pass rush packages anyway. I actually think he had a better 10th grade year. I thought he took a slight step back during this shortened Covid season, but a lot of kids did. He already does a phenomenal job of dominating the point-of-attack but now I'd like to see him take that next step and start disengaging from blockers and making more plays. (and we're working on that right now)

You can kinda see what I mean here versus Zachary High School (LA) during his 10th grade season.

Good stuff Macho.

Go Canes

4/21 - Updated OP

Added player visits to the list. Making it clear who our top targets and interested prospects are.

Defensive staff doing well, getting guys scheduled to come to campus once visits open up in June

Need to get Tarber, Lyons, and Shemar Stewart on Campus too

DE: 4
  1. Nyjalik Kelly (Visits - 6/1)
  2. Marvin Jones (Visits - 6/1)
  3. Shemar Stewart
  4. Kenyatta Jackson
  • Beau Atkinson (Visits - 6/1)
  • Dante Anderson
  • Mario Eugenio
DT: 2
  1. Daniel Lyons
  2. Alton Tarber
  • Jamaal Johnson
  • Jamaal Whyce (Visits - 6/1)
  • Zane Durant (Visits - 6/1)

LB: 2-3
  1. Wesley Bissainthe (Visits - 6/1)
  2. Omar Graham (Visits - 6/1)
  3. Travious Lathan (Visits - 6/1)
- Damario Tolan (Visits - 6/1)
- Nyair Graham (RUTG)
- Avian Rice

Striker: 0-1
  • Eric Weldon
  • Jaylin Marshall (ASU)

CB: 3
  1. Khamauri Rogers (Visits - 6/18)
  2. Jacolby Spells (Visits - 6/1, 6/11)
  3. Jordan Allen (Visits - 6/1, 6/4)
- Earl Little Jr. (Visits - 6/1)
- Ryan Turner (Visits - 6/1)
- Trequon Fegans
- Trevell Mullen
- Brian Dilworth
- Ja'Cari Henderson

S: 1

1. Kamari Wilson​
- Sam McCall (FSU) (Visits - 6/1)
- Chris Graves (Visits - 6/1, 6/4)
- Alfonzo Allen (ASU)​
- Markeith Williams (Visits - 6/1)
- Semaj Flagg​
- Anthony Rose​
Is LB Leon Hart on the radar at all?

Advertisement
I'm holding Coach Ish to his word on the Orlando connections. Miami has an opportunity to go 2/2 in o-town with Tolan and Williams.

I see Tolan has a OV scheduled to LSU for the weekend of the 18th.

Last edited:
Bring me this class added to what we did in 2021 and we fielding an ELITE Defense for a couple of years.
DL
Nyjalik Kelly
Shemar Stewart
Dante Anderson
Daniel Lyons
Alton Tarber
LB/Striker
Wesley Bissainthe
Damario Tolan
Travious Lathan
CB/Safety
Khamauri Rogers
Jacolby Spells
Trequon Fegans
Kamari Wilson

It's possible Manny and staff get it done.

Bring me this class added to what we did in 2021 and we fielding an ELITE Defense for a couple of years.
DL
Nyjalik Kelly
Shemar Stewart
Dante Anderson
Daniel Lyons
Alton Tarber
LB/Striker
Wesley Bissainthe
Damario Tolan
Travious Lathan
CB/Safety
Khamauri Rogers
Jacolby Spells
Trequon Fegans
Kamari Wilson

It's possible Manny and staff get it done.
Minus a handful of those that’s pretty realistic. especially the front seven. Minus Stewart and Lathan. I’d lean doubtful as of today.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Updated OP 6/9 - Defensive board starting to show who top targets are.

Hopefully we get a couple commits soon.

My guess is the weekend of 6/18 we land Bissainthe, Rodgers, and Williams to get it started

Maybe Spells pops this weekend too

Updated OP 6/9 - Defensive board starting to show who top targets are.

Hopefully we get a couple commits soon.

My guess is the weekend of 6/18 we land Bissainthe, Rodgers, and Williams to get it started

Maybe Spells pops this weekend too
I wouldnt put Omar Graham over Lathan, Tolan or Devon Jackson. 247 seems to be hinting that Graham has been falling down the board lately.

7/1 - Updated OP

Defensive top target board starting to take more shape heading into the summer and potential commitment times.

Couple guys moving up and some moving down - Alton Tarber moving down slightly, the Henderson brothers moving up. Spells and Lathan moving down

Would love to land Graves, Durant, Tolan, and Nick Cull this month

Advertisement
Back