Junior
Premium
DE: 2 Grade: B+
  1. Akheem Mesidor COMMIT - Portal
  2. Nyjalik Kelly COMMIT (EE)
  3. Mitchell Agude COMMIT - Portal
  4. Cyrus Moss COMMIT (EE)
  5. Antonio Moultrie COMMIT - Portal
Misses: Shemar Stewart (A&M), Kenyatta Jackson (OSU), Marvin Jones Jr. (UGA), R Mason Thomas (OU), Jack Pyburn (UF)

Analysis: Again without Mario we would've been screwed. Moss and Kelly look like future studs. Shemar is a huge lose though. He's the type of guy that we can't let get away. Mario and staff come on late and snag 3 huge portal additions. Saved the position going into 2022 season. If we landed Shemar this would've been an A+.

DT: 3 Grade: B+
  1. Darrell Jackson COMMIT - Portal
  2. Ahmad Moten COMMIT
  3. Jacob Lichtenstein COMMIT - Portal
Misses: Zane Durant (PSU), Daniel Lyons (FSU), Christian Miller (UGA), Jeffrey M'Ba (AUB), Anthony Lucas (A&M)

Analysis: Great job by Mario to add 3 pieces when the previous staff had nothing. 2 Veteran developed transfers and a high ceiling late bloomer in Moten. Sounds like we're after Dorlus in the portal too. Need to land some big boys in 2023 though

LB: 1 Grade: A
  1. Caleb Johnson COMMIT - Portal
  2. Wesley Bissainthe COMMIT (EE)
Misses: Demario Tolan (LSU), Omar Graham (FSU)

Analysis: Landed the top LB in SoFla, and maybe the best LB prospect we've signed since Sean Spence. Johnson is huge to grab in the portal late. And more could be on the way

CB: 3 Grade: B+
  1. Chris Graves COMMIT
  2. Daryl Porter COMMIT - Portal
  3. Khamauri Rogers COMMIT (EE)
  4. Jaden Harris COMMIT
  • Keidron Smith - Portal
Misses: Earl Little Jr.(ALA), Trequon Fegans (ALA), Ja'Cari Henderson (UCF), Marcus Banks (Portal - MSU)

Analysis: IMO Graves will be a stud, and Harris looks like a steal. Rogers being an EE is huge for him to come back from Injury. Would've been nice to land Earl Little Jr., but we all know how that recruitment went

S: 1 Grade: B+
  1. Markeith Williams COMMIT

Misses: Kamari Wilson (UF), Damari Henderson (UCF)

Analysis: Landed a top ballhawk S to add to our already loaded S room.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hopefully the Graves offer is legit at corner. I really like him on tape. Maybe the Louisiana kid at corner too.

Maybe the Camden, NJ kid at backer too...But if we land Blissainthe and one of the Hallandale strikers, we may call it a day with two LB. We added 3 this past season and have to think one of Harrell/K.Wash/J.Williams could end up striker as well.

But nice early list. I'd expect us to get involved with some more DT

Hopefully the Graves offer is legit at corner. I really like him on tape. Maybe the Louisiana kid at corner too.

Maybe the Camden, NJ kid at backer too...But if we land Blissainthe and one of the Hallandale strikers, we may call it a day with two LB. We added 3 this past season and have to think one of Harrell/K.Wash/J.Williams could end up striker as well.

But nice early list. I'd expect us to get involved with some more DT

IMO DT Class should be the top 3 guys I have listed

Johnson, Lyons, Kelly

Cleveland doesn’t stick IMO, just a guess

I would like to see

Johnson, Lyons, Kelly

We need bigger, heavier and more strength in the trenches, I like Lyons, Kelly and Cleveland. All could easily 280(Kelly)-300lbs coming in. Could play at 310-315lbs after RF season.

Johnson, Lyons, Kelly

I don't disagree...But I wouldn't mind one bigger body, although I realize we carry more 3T than 1Tech on the roster. Plus I'd just like to see a bigger net.

Advertisement
Yeah I agree with the DT assessment. Need a War Daddy in the trenches to make sure LT can roam free for the next 3 years. Wouldnt mind a 320-330lbs anchor in the middle.

DE: 4
  1. Shemar Stewart
  2. Marvin Jones
  3. Keyatta Jackson
  4. Dante Anderson
  5. Francis Nolton

DT: 3
  1. Jamaal Johnson COMMIT
  2. Daniel Lyons
  3. Nyjalik Kelly (FSU)
  4. Brandon Cleveland COMMIT

LB: 2
  1. Wesley Bissainthe
  2. Tray Brown
- Travious Lathan
- Omar Graham

Striker: 1-2
  1. Jaylin Marshall
  2. Eric Weldon

CB: 3
  1. Earl Little Jr.
  2. Jacolby Spells
- Jaheim Singeltary (OSU)
- Ryan Turner
- Trevell Mullen
- Brian Dilworth
- Ja'Cari Henderson

S: 3

1. Kamari Wilson​
2. Alfonzo Allen​
3. Marquis Lymon​
- Semaj Flagg​
- Anthony Rose​

Must get Bissainthe. Not sure we can pull Earl Jr., so go hard after Jaheim Singletary.

Advertisement
Spoke to Tarber yesterday.
The 3 schools that he mentioned when I asked who was talking to him the most were Miami, Auburn and Georgia Tech.
He's been in heavy communication with Simpson and Aristide.

Good news for us...Miami has Tarber's new phone number but many of the other schools who are recruiting him DON'T.
So far it seems like Tarber is Miami's to lose. Looks like we have a really good shot.

Spoke to Tarber yesterday.
The 3 schools that he mentioned when I asked who was talking to him the most were Miami, Auburn and Georgia Tech.
He's been in heavy communication with Simpson and Aristide.

Good news for us...Miami has Tarber's new phone number but many of the other schools who are recruiting him DON'T.
So far it seems like Tarber is Miami's to lose. Looks like we have a really good shot.
What your thoughts on him as a prospect ?

Advertisement
DE: 4
  1. Nyjalik Kelly (FSU)
  2. Marvin Jones
  3. Shemar Stewart
  4. Kenyatta Jackson
  • Dante Anderson
DT: 2-3
  1. Daniel Lyons
  2. Alton Tarber
  3. Brandon Cleveland COMMIT
  • Jamaal Johnson
  • Jamaal Whyce
  • Zane Durant

LB: 2-3
  1. Wesley Bissainthe
  2. Travious Lathan
  3. Omar Graham
- Damario Tolan
- Avian Rice

Striker: 1-2
  1. Eric Weldon
  • Jaylin Marshall (ASU)

CB: 3-4
  1. Khamauri Rogers
  2. Trequon Fegans
  3. Jacolby Spells
  4. Earl Little Jr.
- Jaheim Singeltary (OSU)
- Ryan Turner
- Trevell Mullen
- Brian Dilworth
- Ja'Cari Henderson
- Jordan Allen

S: 1-2

1. Kamari Wilson​
2. Alfonzo Allen (ASU)​
- Marquis Lymon​
- Semaj Flagg​
- Anthony Rose​

I really like Zane Durant. The kid just makes plays and has a big enough frame to put on weight and be a problem @ Pitt or VagTecb

What your thoughts on him as a prospect ?
"War daddy" type DT.
Old fashioned, manhandle your a$$ type of player. Nothing finesse about him.
Immovable object.
Crazy strong and violent hands.
Every bit of 6'2" 315lbs plus.
Stalemates double-teams. Doesn't budge.
Moves REALLY well for a kid his size.

I'd like to see him show more pass rush ability and better motor. But I don't think he's the type of kid that will play on 3rd down pass rush packages anyway. I actually think he had a better 10th grade year. I thought he took a slight step back during this shortened Covid season, but a lot of kids did. He already does a phenomenal job of dominating the point-of-attack but now I'd like to see him take that next step and start disengaging from blockers and making more plays. (and we're working on that right now)

You can kinda see what I mean here versus Zachary High School (LA) during his 10th grade season.

Advertisement
"War daddy" type DT.
Immovable object.

I'd like to see him show more pass rush ability and better motor. But I don't think he's the type of kid that will play on 3rd down pass rush packages anyway. I actually think he had a better 10th grade year. I thought he took a slight step back during this shortened Covid season, but a lot of kids did. He already does a phenomenal job of dominating the point-of-attack but now I'd like to see him take that next step and start disengaging from blockers and making more plays. (and we're working on that right now)

You can kinda see what I mean here versus Zachary High School (LA) during his 10th grade season.

Coach, I don't know if you've seen me post it before in other threads, but I love Tarber as a prospect. Str8 War Daddy!!!! He and Lyons are the runaway best interior guys down here. Your kid's an ideal 1-Tech and Lyons is the same for 3-Tech. Guys like Tarber will ensure that the UNC Debacle of '20 will never happen again. The more the better. I don't care if Radio is calling the plays. Not Randy Shannon. Not Cuba Gooding Jr. acting as Radio. I'm talking the guy who the movie was based on.

Like you said coach, he's unlikely to be in a NASCAR package anytime soon and we don't need him to be. However, I think he can be a dude who can get a few sacks and a good amount of pressures off of the chaos he'll create. Of course that'll depend on his improvement in the area you mentioned in the bolded part of your quote.

Jamaal Johnson should be an excellent player on the next level. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes an All-Conference/Pro Prospect type wherever he lands. Jit can ball. But if that kid is actually 5'11, 232 like someone said, it would've been a disservice to all parties involved to try to beef him up and kick him inside. If Kancey, who's killing it at Pitt was too small, how would you explain it if he stuck? Trading him in for Tarber would be a serious upgrade for what we're trying to do...

"War daddy" type DT.
Immovable object.

I've always been a fan of the DT's you can't move - Wilfork, SIragusa, gilbert brown. A couple of these war daddy DT's and a Devon White like LB is a fantasy but that's what makes recruiting exciting. Thanks for the info on Tarber info and evaluation.

"War daddy" type DT.
Immovable object.

I found myself feeling real bad for all those HS centers that were trying to block this kid 1 v. 1.

Cleveland, both Lyons and Tarber is the class I want.
We already loss Blissett and will lose two more DTs next season. So get all four.

Advertisement
Back