2022 Cedar Hill CB Jalon Peoples

DB4

Freshman
I know we still need to figure out the 2021 cornerback situation, but I want to put a kid up that I think Miami should definitely offer for next class. I've seen him play almost every game this season, and he's the real deal. He already has a healthy amount of offers, but according to 247, it doesn't look like he's leaning anywhere at the moment.

His highlights from this season:

Advertisement
He's another Coach Flight kid (like Rakestraw & Covington & the numerous others I mentioned in Covington's thread).

He's been balling this year, has 10PBU's in just 4 games, he's a kid with terrific hip fluidity & speed turn ability, naturally quick feet & plays with very good football IQ reading the WR in press man. He does a great job leveraging to the sideline & transitions smoothly in phase, he can play Field, Boundary or Nickel but his upside is best at Field.

Very good speed, eye test high 4.4/ low 4.5's, instinctual eye discipline & has improved on his physicality from his Sophomore year. He's still a bit skinny but has the frame to fill out, legit 6'0 kid with long arms, has a sprinters body, he's a lean speedster pure cover corner, but he's not afraid to hit at all.

Coach Flight told me about him from the Team Flex 7v7 camp a few months ago after they put out his Soph tape, he was a kid that had good upside but was raw, but thus far this season he's definitely taken the next step in his development.

From what I heard he's open to be recruited by just about anyone, but as of now Baylor, OK St, Ole Miss, TTech & Mizzou have recruited him the most. Idk if Miami offers him, but I know if we did he'd be interested.

BUMP

He had been committed to Kansas for awhile, but decommitted recently. He just received an offer from Washington. Kid is a baller and really good in man coverage. Obviously don't know what the coaching situation will be, but he needs an offer from the U no matter what.

BUMP

He had been committed to Kansas for awhile, but decommitted recently. He just received an offer from Washington. Kid is a baller and really good in man coverage. Obviously don't know what the coaching situation will be, but he needs an offer from the U no matter what.
Doesn't Washington produce some good corners?

Advertisement
Former Cedar Hill head coach and Baylor assistant coach Joey McGuire just took the head coaching job at Texas Tech. As a result, this happened:

Advertisement
Back